© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Sunday, November 12, 2006

Interesting The Hague....

City of The Hague .

Above left: townhouse-hall of The Hague, right:Window -vieuw from the Hotel on modern The Hague.
The Hague
The city where I was born... I never saw it the way I saw it this weekend. I thought it was a boring city with nothing interseting to see or do. When I was youngh I never knew where to go or what to see. The Hague: also the mean city of the South of Holland, the town where the government buildings are situated, where the house of the queen of Holland is.... A city with old and new buildings, the old houses with big rooms... high ceilings and beautiful walls... now beautifully combined with a modern style of buildings and houses...

Above: Modern buildings in between old buildings in The Hague

Above: Government building "De Ridderzaal + plein"

We went in this cultural weekend to several Dance shows ( 4 in 1 show) of "The Nederlands Dans theater" and to several exibition's in The Hague : first we to 'The Pulchry studio' a where we saw works of several painters, also we went to an exibition of Escher, another day we went to the "Maurits huis" to an exibition of (together) "Rubens and Brueghel"..

Under: Escher-style....Real or Fantasy... ?

JoAnn looks bigger than Bert in this room.
His became famous because he was making such a fantastic graffics /drawings (not with paint) , than he cut his works out in wood or steal, he made wooden (don't know this word...) 'stempels' , all his (grafisch) works are in black and white.
Under: In this Escher's 'room' you see object or people "out of proportion", the specialisation of Escher. He also had a beautiful sentence somewhere with his work in his exibition he said: "My works are inspired by the music of Schubert" , He siad that because in Schubert 's music are rehearsals ( repeating music) like his?Escher's graphic work's/drawings". Eschers works became famous of HOW he was using the space between his graphics, because with this space he created or expressed other objects (figures/pictures?) (of afbeeldingen). I found Eschre's work interesting to see because while watching, I saw over and over ..new things.

Anniversary's of 15.. and 51..
Bert gave me a celebration ring; The one with the 5 stones.Together 51 carats of diamonds because 51 is soon my age...
The other ring we bought together on our 15th anniversary, 4 years ago in 2002.

Under:
A Photographer of a company "RVS" made pictures of me and I made one of him, I really like their billboards
Left under:Billboard of RVS picture under on the left. On the right JoAnn in front of the billboard.

Hillen & Roosen:
Bert is working for H&R , this company H&R is specialised in several building diciplines; Renovation, restauration of old monumental buildings and for example the building of hospitals, companies as office's and houses/luxury appartements . For more information visit their website.

Under left their name on a crane,
Midlle: Bert in front of a building-work and a crane,
right: around the crane they are building at the last moment H&R has to lift the crane upwards ..

Under left: H&R is building the "Burgemeester de Monchyplein" a combination of : An area of streets, different ( look-a- like) low old style houses and a several high buildings, under the houses are built also privat garage's for the habitants. H&R is still working on this beautiful hugh big project.

This picture below is for Yvonne/Truus: a "hotspot"for a Palm or laptop here in Holland (in Hotel) is always a payed facility, so you can use this 'spot' after paying by your credit card ( than you get a+password+username to use this 'spot' ) but ONLY after your payment it is working..... This is what I ment: its not for free in Holland .... uuuhhh !!

Another piece of Art just on the side of a street: a sand-sculpture was standing there on the side of the road. We were passing this sculpture by car and I made this picture when we passed it on a bridge. The result: a combination of the bridge and the sculpture is this photograph. I created a piece of art from with my eyes and camera ... JoAnn-art's seen on the street....

doubleclick on the pictures to enlarge

2 comments:

Trudy said...

Very nice blog. You had a very interesting weekend. I love the pictures. It indeed is a beatiful city.

Truus

Anonymous said...

I love Den Haag. Will be back there in a few days and cannot wait - there is lots to do there and lots of beauty.. I used to live in the Benoordenhuit...how lovely is that?!