© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Parent or child..

Being a parent or child:

*When you are a parent children always have to honor you,
Of course, parents don't have to honor their children.

*As a parent you have all the right to say anything you wish to your child, because you are always right.
A child has to shut up and listen, you are never right, you have no opinion.

* A parent doesn't have to expain why, because the bible/God says so,
The child better read the bible better to get the right answers.

*Parents know everything better,
A child has no brains, they don't think/feel, they know nothing.

*Parents ask you to visit them always even on YOUR birthday, (Arguments are: 'than I buy a present for you', I could sent you a card but didnot because...)they cannot/never come to you.
A child has to visit their parents always ,anytime . You have to understand that they cancel always their appointments (they cancel early the morning of the day you would come), or when you arive they 'forgot' the appointment and you stand for a closed frontdoor, because they are not home.

*A parents has the right to smash/hurt a child when it doesn't listen,
When a child don't listen they have to feel what justice is.

...... etcetera, etcetera and more....

I am a child:
Above is how it works in my family . As a matter of fact I realise now that being a child of such a parent is not the way it has to be. My brother/sisters seemed to agree with this way of being, that I know because they ask me to be more understandable... Therefore I never ever want to be such a parent ( or a family-member) and I /JoAnn am so very happy that I am family/parentless
!

doubeclick to enlarge

2 comments:

Trudy said...

I hope the heck I was/am a better parent than you described.
Little children especially are so dependent on the parent.Is the parent in a good frame of mind than the kids are lucky. If not well the kids better hide.

Problem here is that parents do not always realize they are dealing with a little 'person'. That little person needs respect, if they get that, the respect will be returned.

Love you
Truus

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Sweet Truus, No of course I don't mean YOU!! You are a great parent, also is Theo, I know by words from your own children, you respect them you give them the space they need to development. Your children respect you too. They love/adore you , but some parents are not (I am sorry) that's the way it is..