Facts.....
My Canadian family and some abroad people I know ( or I've met them by blogging), are reasonable open about theirself's and their friends or family, they publice pictures from theirselfs or people they met and know.... I like reading their blogs and look a little into their lifes....its interesting to meet other cultures by blogging.
When I start blogging (1 year ago) I was writing at first in"general" about everything , the more I blogged the more (reasonable) personal I became, I use my blogger as a think-tank or its my page to comunicate with others, sometimes as a diary. ONLY family and good friends are reading my blogger....
My Dutch friends ( + 1 Dutch family member) think different about blogging. They call me to warn me , and tell me not to write personal about them by name, nor about myself . They asked me to delete the pictures from them, because they don't like other people to see/read that.... Its also 'not done' to publice links from their blogs on my blogger, so please delete that too.... Because of this reactions, I deleted some pictures and I also deleted some of my stories.
I really wonder ; 'how come that cultures differ so much'?? I think I am not doing anything wrong by blogging. The nice comments are from my abroad family and Dutch do not like to comment.... I really wonder why this difference is so big.... Is it only the culture , lifestyle , ages ? Or what do you think????
Friday, February 02, 2007
1 year Blogging...
© photography & text by
Jo's-D-Eyes
op
11:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
We Canadians are a lot easier. I feel privileged to have my picture on your blog.Iegenlijk gek want de Hollanders bemoeien zich gauw met iemad anders ze'n zaken (that would be culture?) While de Canadians could not care less what an other person does or thinks.
Just write what you feel comfortable with!
Hi..I will get around to replying to your E-mail, I promise..I have just been running around like a chicken whose head is about to be cut off!
Congratulations on one year of Blogging. I am sorry though for your experience in part.
I think that maybe it is not only cultural because I have Dutch friends who are very open...Maybe, just maybe, it is also a control thing. Some people hate it when others makea comment about them that they have not given their permission for and then it make it feel to them that everything is out of their control, after all, they want to be in charge of not only their own lives but yours as well.
I agree with Trudy, write what you are comfortable with...and be true to yourself.
Control is a form of abuse and you need to recognize that...at least I think so!!! It wants to straightjacket you and make you conform to the way you should be according to them. That is not waht the rest of us want for you.
Try writing what you need to say but disguise it somehow..for example, instead of saying 'my Dutch family', you could say that 'there are those around me who...' or something like that.
Again, congratulations on one year blogging and keep up the good work!!
Thanks you T & R, 'and others who prefer to write anounymus or by email instead of the comments', for your personal tips. I'll try to blog as 'one' pleases (So not call 'one' by name, except them who don't care) and I will write more about ME.
I will continue blogging.
Post a Comment