Yesterday evening this "Naked SNAIL" visited our backyard, Yeh!!
Ehhhhh where could she go?
I thought: "ohh what a pity this snail might die"
So I decided to give her some leaves of;
'Iceberg and Rucola-salat' Hmmmm :)
Quess what? She ate them both.... Bon appetite!!
So that gave me the time to make this 'close-ups'.

Dutch:Gisteravond, kwam deze "Naakte Slak" aangekropen, YEhh!!
Waar zou zij naartoe will gaan?
"Op deze manier zou ze waarschijnlijk doodgaan " dacht ik,
Eens proberen of ze "ijsbergsla of Rucola-sla lust?":)
En ja hoor, raad eens ?...ze at allebei de blaadjes op! Eet ze!
Dus had ik even de tijd om deze 'close-ups' te maken.

I am so sorry this photo's will again NOT enlarge even after tips of some blogreaders I'd try everything... Dutch: Sorry dat deze foto's opnieuw weer niet vergroten, zelf na tips van bloglezers, toch lukt het weer niet...

21 comments:
ahhh, heb jij ook zo vreselijk last van slakken? Er zijn hier hele colonies naakt slakken in de kleuren licht oranje, bruine en zelfs zwarte.....jak. Verder hebbenwe dit jaar vreselijk veel last van huisjesslakken.
Ze vreten alle hosta's kaal en mijn sla plantjes zjin ook niet veilig. Bovendien hebben ze mijn spercibonen op zit te vreten.
Ik heb geen hekel aan slakken, maar in de hoeveelheden waarin ze nu door de tuin banjeren...is een beetje te veel van het goede.
Maar wist je dat slakkenslijm goed is voor je huid ?
Really good photos. We call these creatures Slugs....they eat my lettuces too!
BTW the people on my Photo A Day blog today are my 2 daughters and son :o)
Hi Marijke,
Uhhh ik heb 'nog' geen hekel aan slakken, misschien omdat ik niet de tuinvrouw (maar mijn man wel) ben? Deze ene slak was het maar, meer niet gezien, maarre ik kan me voorstellen dat je er niet blij mee bent...
Hi Ruth,
Hmmmm when this 'slugs' eat your lettuce.... thats my fault probably, I teached them to eat salat leaves ... SORRY!!! :)
Thanks for the usefull information ('who are the people on your blog), I thought sooooo, but was not sure. I though you wre my age... Now I'm all confused, what age are you??
:) From JoAnn
I'm 55; eldest daughter is 37 in December; eldest granchild 16 now!!! :o)
Hello Joann,
On the top of my blog, on the left side, type in "100 ancient history facts" then just to the right, push the button that says 'search blog". If that works, then try to "search" "51-ish things you don't know about me."
I'm truly enjoying talking with you and exchanging cultures!!
Oh, and to see more of my area and family go to Blog Archives on the side bar, push July. Hope you enjoy the slide shows and other pictures.
JoAnn,
I think this is happening because of the way you are adding the text between the photos. The problem is when we upload the photos to Blogger, they all sit at the top of the post, whether we have already typed text or not, so it forces us to rearrange the photos and when we do that, sometimes the html code gets corrupted, as I was telling you the other day.
Let's try this and see what happens: Start a new post and upload two photos. Once they are visible in the composition window, don't touch them. Start typing your text for the captions as usual and make sure to leave at least two blank spaces between the caption for the first photo and the one for the second photo.
Now, always working in the composition window (not the html window), click on the second photo, to select it, and press the keys "Ctrl and X" at the same time, this will "cut" the photo.
Now place the mouse cursor right above the caption for the second photo and press the keys "Ctrl and V" at the same time, this will "paste" the photo just above the text.
Let's see if this works for you.
(Oh, and don't be silly, I could never get mad at you. You are one of the loveliest people I've ever met online!)
Mooie close-up, ik heb geen hekel aan slakken maar een tijdje terug aten ze al mijn plantjes op en heb ik slakkekorrels gestrooid. Het staat in een van mijn vorige posts. Maar ik moet zeggen dat sommige commentaren mij op andere gedachten ( zoals van Don )gebracht hebben. Dus heb ik voor we met vakantie gingen de korrels weer weggeschraapt en hebben de slakken weer heerlijk kunnen genieten.
Joann, what are you doing feeding slugs ohh nooo.
These things have devistated my garden and veggie patch this year, i go out each night and kill them but they keep coming back.
Cheers Mark
Hi Mark,
Uhhhh Yehhhh ummm :) I was feeding this slugs hum sorry gor those people which hate them for eating their plants... I was just enjoying looking at this snail... it looked SO PRETTY, I never saw that... Sorry I will not feed them again. :)
Hi Dick,
Ja ik weet het zoals een aantal bloglezers voor jou,, ik zalgeen slakken meer voeren, maar ze opblazen met korrels? Yak, ne dat kan ik ook niet doen, maar ik begrijp het wel :)
Hi Fenix,
Thanks again I wrote a "thankyou" on your blog, tomorrow I'LL try again, I Promise!!! And uhhh it will work someday..... :)
GMJ, HidiHi,
I read your blog 50-100 fact I will, I like your blog and storie's also, thanks for visiting and I'd visit yours in return..
:) JoAnn
ok this just looks icky!! but nice that you were able to get so close!!
It's nice that you gave him a nice meal. Good for you and him. Nice photos.
Oh wow, JoAnn. That is so cool! I'm not sure I've ever seen a snail totally outside its shell like this...and still alive! Good idea to give it something to eat. :)
Hi Ginnie,
I'd not seen them before so close either, there fore I feeded them, to give them a loser inspection haha!
Ruth hi,
Its so different, your reaction and men's reaction, you think 'it nice' to feed them ,I though that too, without realising that other people with veggie's in tehir garden hate this little fellows...
Hi Neva,
Yeh his close I am not really THAT intersted!! But ehhh with photograpy ,you' have to behave... a bit different (THAN 'NORMAL' PEOPLE:) , however I could see the snail better when I enlarged it on my PC , therefore I thought tht its a pity that I could not get them right in my post ,I will try today again , to post (snail) them I mean...
Thanks for your interest, JoAnn :)
This is definitely the best view of a slug that I've ever seen. I just try to avoid stepping on them.
That's nifty that you got pictures of him eating!
Great photos. I know that insects serve a purpose but there's always that "yick" factor to content with. Amazing detail in your shots.
How cute. The snail was homeless but not hungry
Hi Jam,
Well THANK YOU i'd had to ive her some food to make this, I could come very close thats why this snail is so detailed.
Hi Northbay,
This one has a kind of High Yick factor ....
Hi Amrita,
Why did she eat that much than? I thought she was hungry....
Bye from JoAnn :)
Ha ha - You are the only person I know who loves naked snails! I laughed so hard when I saw this...you really have a soft heart if you feed them! I use salt when I see them. I am evil!
eeek, I don't like slugs!!
Hi Rebecca,
NOOOO Rebec, You are NOT evil, no way! Hmmmm I laught about your laughing :), I realised ( by reading all the comments and yours) how 'crazy' it is.... all that different reactions about just 1 snail!, hahaha!!! I can really laugh about it myself too!!
HI CJ,
Don't worrie you don't have to like them , nor see pic's of them anymore.
Thanks for reacting :) JoAnn
Post a Comment