© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Skyline Capital city

AMSTERDAM SKYLINE ,
seen on an autumn rainy day


As you maybe have noticed I have been VERY busy last days, with photography for a new exibition......I have been driving around a lot searcing for printers etc.... so I will show you a part of where I drove by car , (enlarge the map of HOLLAND below) I drove around from where I live: NAARDEN to ALMERE 'back and fort a couple of times' and today on the dike near Almere I saw this pretty SKYLINE of AMSTERDAM . Its not the same as the view from NEW-YORK skylines but this is also not a bad view right? Enjoy the view....
When the above map is enlarged, follow where I drove... I drove from NAARDEN to ALMERE "middle of the map on the right" Where I made this photo I drawed a black X Cross.. The weather made it also a 'strange kind of photo'. I hope you all can follow the map, you can always ask questions if something is not clear.


Voor de nederlanders, deze 'skyline van Amsterdam' zie je vanuit de dijk naar ALMERE, dat is de weg langs het water. Afgelopen dagen ben ik erg druk geweest, veel rondgereden (expositie inrichten etc.) vandaar wat minder foto's op de blog maar ik ben er weer.

20 comments:

Ruth said...

Congratulations on the exhibit, JoAnn. I hope it goes well.

dot said...

JoAnn, that's a beautiful view!

Dick said...

Een dreigende lucht, ik kom eigenlijk nooit van die kant dus voor mij niet bekend.

quintarantino said...

Now there´s something quite nice. An exihbit. Are you in it for real? I mean, are you an artist making all that stuff or is it just for the fun?
Anyhow, hope you get on well. Pity I can´t go there to see the "vernissage"...

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

LOL, JoAnn! Many of your visitors from the US will think "What's that 8, 10 miles? That's like driving to the supermarket here!" LOL!

Who organizes/participates in that exhibition?

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Thanks

* Ruth, it will work out fine thanks,
* Dot thanks,
* Dick , dan laat ik er nog eens (later)wat meer zien ok?
* Quint thanks nope its not for fun, I am an artist if you say so , I can't say that from myself (blush) To shy.
* Fenix, yes didtance here are babyliles to compare with your BIG country :) LOL I agree":)

Thanks everybody I really like your comments :)

JAM said...

Very nice, it reminds me of the scenes where I live, the buildings are much, much shorter than those of a big city.

I like the mix of dark and angry clouds with the sunlight shining on the water in the left of the photo.

Anonymous said...

Very nice and I like your view.

I am also glad you came and began to look at some of the photos from Japan.

judi/Gmj said...

How interesting the light on the water is!! Not flat looking at all. Great shot, looking forward to more pictures for you exhibit!

Sidney said...

Congrats with your exhibition!
Impressive sky !

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

i am sure the exhibition will be a success.....and I'm sorry, i have been away from here for a coupla days....got busy with school......to answer your questions, Isabella's naples is on the same side of Florida as mine is :)

Ginnie Hart said...

So where is your exhibit this time, JoAnn? I didn't know you were doing another one so soon. I wish I could be there to see it!

And see, Amsterdam isn't all that far away, is it! :)

Lynette said...

JoAnn, your skyline shot is so moody--I love it.

Thanks so much for visiting my J for Joy photo at Portland (OR) Daily Photo.

Marijke said...

volgens mij zorg jij ervoor dat ik heimwee krijg :-)

Kus
Marijke

Rowdy said...

Excellent photo. And all the best wishes for your exhibition.

K M F said...

that's a beautiful

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Thanks

*KMF;)
*Rowdy :)
*Marijke:)Kom maar langs
*Lynette Your welcome:)
*Ginnie still secret, thanks:)]
*Moi :) so nearby the same coast? Good to know
*Sydney this sky is pure nature Thanks.
*GMJ I Puvblice some in my blog:)
*Abl I watched the Japanese site with pleasure,
*John Thanks so much,

Thank you all for your interest!

JoAnn :)

Neva said...

This is a great picture.

Daniel J Santos said...

beautiful image.

Jayne said...

Beautiful pic JoAnn.