APPLE RECEPT with HAZLENUTS
*
(c) Jw-Apples
*
Remember the taste of chestnuts in NOVEMBER?
*
The November nights have well and truly tugged the days beneath their wintry shroud,
but under the reign of the cold and dark comes an opportunity,
to enjoy the season's star ingredients.
Do you know the NOVEMBER feeling?
Than ENJOY the delight of roasted chestnuts.......
*
*
Apple and hazlenut tarte tatin
*50g/2oz hazelnuts,
*halved 4-5 small Cox's apples
*1 small lemon,
*zest and juice 85g
*3oz butter 100g
*4oz golden caster sugar
*For the pastry 100g/4oz butter
*175g/6oz self-raising flour
*2 tbsp light muscovado sugar
*1 egg, *yolk only
*vanilla ice cream, to serve
Preparation:
*
-Heat a 23cm/9in cast-iron or ovenproof frying pan.
-Dry fry the hazelnuts for a few minutes,
tossing regularly until golden.
-Remove and set aside.
-Peel the apples and cut in half widthways,
then carefully cut out the cores.
-Squeeze over the lemon juice.
-Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. 2.
-Put the butter and sugar in the pan and heat gently over a low heat,
-stirring occasionally, until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves.
-Turn up the heat and let the mixture bubble for about 5 minutes,
-shaking the pan occasionally so it browns evenly.
-As soon as the mixture turns a rich caramel colour,
* lower the heat.
-Sprinkle in a few of the hazelnuts,
-then pack the apples into the pan.
-Scatter over the rest of the nuts and the lemon zest. 3.
Over a low heat,
-gently cook the apples in a mixture for 5-8 minutes ,
until they are slightly softened, turning once.
-Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
-While the apples cool, make the pastry.
*
*
THE Pastry:
-Cut the butter into pieces and put into a bowl with the flour and sugar.
-Rub together with your fingers to make crumbs.
- Add the egg yolk and 1 tbsp of water,
then lightly mix to make a dough.
-Shape gently into a ball.
-Roll out on a lightly floured surface to a circle slightly larger that the pan.
-Carefully lay the pastry over the apples,
tucking in the excess.
-Bake for 20 minutes until the pastry is golden.
-Leave in the pan for 5-10 minutes to allow the juices to settle,
- then turn out the tart on to a plate
-Take care as everything is very hot.
-Serve with warm vanilla ice cream.
***
HAVE A TASTY WEEKEND EVERYONE!!!!!
Bon appetite,
With greetings from JoAnn:)
+JoAnn+walraven+2007+Appel+collage+copy.jpg)




21 comments:
Thank you, very much. For the recipe and wishing us a good week end.
Sounds and looks delicious. Do you have one coming from the oven, if so I'll drop by for a slice.
i am not a huge apple fan but your apples look healthy and delcious :)
Ziet er lekker uit. Om in te bijten.Ben je zelf zo'n goeie kok?
p/s. Antwoord op je vragen staan op mijn blog onder "Transport".
Prettig weekend toegewenst.
Please send a very large piece to me via my email address...LOL It looks YUMMY!!!
Rx
Hi everyone,Thanks pr commenting,
*Hi Quint,you're so welcome, hope you like the recipe:)
*SURE! Patty, you're welcome do you like a cup of coffe, if so, how do you want it? with or without milk, some sugar? You're very welcome, and of course a piece of Apple-hazlenut tarte..
* OK mOI You can use some pears instead, do you like that more?
*Ja Gerard ik hou erg vanlekker koken, en men zegt dat ik erg lekker kook, ik kijk naar 'transport',
-Yes Gerard, I do love cooking very much, they say that I am a good cook...:)
* Ruth OKAY I will sen a large piece of Apple tarte , A big piece? Something else? You name it!
Have a great weekend everyone!!!
:) JoAnn
MMMMMMM......warm het lekkerst.
I'n going to try this recipe. Prettig weekend.
Beautiful apple photos
My mouth is watering -- especially when I saw that pie... Yum...
Sounds GOOD! Have a great weekend yourself!!
If I ever had time to bake, I'd try to make this. It looks delicious!
Wishing you a good weekend also!
scrumptious recipe JoAnn.
And the picture is tempting. i love apple pie and strudel.
We get green cookinbg apples here...the granny smith apples.
Yummmmm this sounds delightful. Thanks so much for the recipe.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Ohh, looks so yummy. I love autumn treats. I do love roasted chestnuts, so much, I prefer them to hazelnuts, which I've never enjoyed much, but they're so popular in Europe. Have a good weekend, JoAnn!
Thanks everyone:)
* Griesmail, bdankt hetzelfde,
* Donald, bon apetite!
* CJ as said , you too:)
* PP enough time, try it with christmas?
* DOT , the same to you,
* PW thanks you too,
* Ruth, have a good weekend.
Hav a good weekend to you all!
JoAnn:)
JoAnn, do you do home deliveries? To Portugal? I am sick with my second bad cold in 4 weeks and I would love a slice of tarte tatin, which I haven't had for such a long time.
Hi Thanks for commenting:)
Your reactions on my recepi's are make me want to publice more:)
OOOOOH poor Icarus, poor you!!! sick again? Aaw when I can , uum a BIG piece oftarte for you, I hope it make you feel better? And a hugh , get better soon!:)
JoAnn:)
I haven't heard of Cox apples. Are they bitter or sweet? Maybe like our granny smith's....sounds like a wonderful recipe....will try this soon! Hope you had a great weekend.
What a fun post, lovely pictures and recipe, sounds wonderful!
Hi Thanks for commenting I hope you all tried, and did you liked the APPLE HAZLENUT TARTE?:)
*Hi Neva , a COX apple, is hard from flsh a sour-sweet , a very tasty apple kind...Yes weekend was greaT!
* Thanks Mary , it is wonderfull indeed.:)
JoAnn:)
Oh does this look delicious! We had no time to bake, so we bought a apple crisp. We drove 4 hours to visit my folks for the weekend. The store bought applecrisp was so-so. I must try this sometime this month. Thank you for the recipe!
Post a Comment