'MONSTER'
*
No !not a scary animal but the name of an area,
Nee! geen eng beest, maar de naam van een omgeving.
*
In the post before I showed the Glass houses (since 1850)in MONSTER , near The Hague. Monster is laying in the South of Holland in AN the area called "WESTLAND". Some blogreaders were asking :
*
"What kind of fruit/Vegetables are growing in the Glasshouses? " Answer: As far as I know mostly vegetables such as Tomatoos, but the smaller kinds, and Cucumber. Also some fruits , such as Grapes, and Cranberries. And don't forget the Flowers, they came later....(not only tulips, but also daisy's and other kinds) for the export, they are mostly sold in AALSMEER, also called the flowercity.
*
* (c JW)Tomatoos growing here and more
Above:Inside that Glasshouses (1850) the temperature is regularly the same , so just at the right temperature This way the rain cannot effect the harvest , Boven: In deze kassen (sinds 1850) in MONSTER groeien voornamelijk Tomaten, Komkommer en Aardbeien en druiven, op de juiste temperatuur. MONSTER ligt in het WESTLAND. Ook worden er bloemen , voor de export veelvuldig in kassen gekweekt, deze worden verkoch in AALSMEER, die daarom ook wel de Bloemenstad wordt genoemd.
*
*
Above: This is MONSTER Seen when driving by car, by sunset. her you see the road, on the other side are long rows of glasshouses...... Boven: Dit Is MONSTER, gezien bij het vallen van de avond, vanuit de rijdende auto. Aan de andere kant van de weg staan de kassen in lange rijen....
*
Another Question is about "which the Year this glasshouses are build?" I think they start building them around the year 1850 in Holland (wipikidea) in Monster, (but perhaps earlier). I am not very sure if this is the right answer , when someone knows this better, Please let me know in the comments of /on this blog? Wie weet wanneer de kassen, zijn gebouwd zelf denk ik dat ze rond 1850 (bron Wipikidea) in Monster in het WESTLAND zijn gebouwd , maar dat weet ik niet zeker... Dus, wie het beter weet mag het zeggen, graag in de comments van deze blog.
*
More information about my The Hague? click here to see more of DENHAAG ..... Wilt u/ je meer over Den Haag weten? Klik op de link (hiervoor om meer te weten te komen over Den Haag en omgeving....
*
More Holland....
Will be continued...soon !
*
*
(the music on this blog is From "Robbie Williams" with the song "feel" Look at my sidebar for mor infromation)





19 comments:
Gorgeous photos and colors :-) !
JoAnn, give me a minute. Since the tomatoes are here already, I'm going to get the basil and the feta cheese. Lambrusco would be fine?
Hallo Naamgenootje Ik ben weer terug van vakantie en weer terug in bloggingworld. Bedankt voor je bezoekjes tijdens mijn afwezigheid. Ik wist niet dat er een monster was in Nederland. Die tomaatjes zien er lekker uit.
I enjoyed visiting your greenhouse photos in Monster. I also wanted to thank you for visiting my blog. Thanks.
Your country is very interesting. I love your posts and your photos from your blog. I learn new things from your blog too.
Cheers,
DSM
you have excellent colors here. very interesting post
I already commented on your previous "tomato post"!
For your info, ex-shammickite is today looking for comments from red-haired people. I allowed myself to give her your address.
... and here you have her address: http://ex-shammickite.blogspot.com/
Hello JoAnn.... yes it's me, ex-shammy, Peter told you I was looking for comments about and from redheads!
The Robbie Williams song is nice, I haven't heard much of his music here in Canada.
Thanks for visiting:
* Thanks Cath,
* Quint Cheers to you my friend I will enjoy the wine,
* Marja haha No "monster" but asn area, glad you are back!
* Old manlincioln, thanks for visiting my blog,
*Digitalshuttermania,I Love your blog also and I enjoyed reading it thanks for the compliment, be welcome,
*Evlahos thanks , I enjoyed the island Poros information too,
*Thanks peter,
*Peter Thanks again: I visited the searching for REDhaired people peson/site, Its so funny to read that people calling themslefs red, while they aren't, we had to suffer (joking!) when we were young, we were called "ugli", "Rusti" and more names, because children don't like differences, Now people are dying their hairs "red". Its in fshion now? When I was youung I would ave liked to dy my hair black, just to get away for the teasing children...Time is changed..
Thanks for your comments!
Be welsomen to come back I enjoy your comments ,
JoAnn
why did they name such a pretty place, Monster????
Are the tomatoes savory? I love the flowers in Holland, you can find them everywhere and so cheap! Here in Spain they are quite expensive and people don't buy so many.
Oh, I do not know where my comment went to.... but thank you for your visit again and I will also put a link to your blog on mine.
Very interesting post again, thanks for sharing all the information about your country.
Stay well
Elsie from South Africa
There's more here JoAnn. This is the future of our food. Controlled atmosphere. What scares me is genetic enineering. The tomato that you see is not a vegetable or a fruit, it is an animal. Fish scales or some arctic fish genes are added to make the skin thicker for less damage in transit.
Can you believe they want to make square tomatos ?
the future is a bit scary JoAnn
Thank you for the song information JoAnn, i have always ignored Robbie Williams for no particular reason. i have the song now and some others too
Love and Hugs from India
Look at these tomatoes, I can almost touch them and smell them!
I do enjoy seeing more of Holland through your eyes, JoAnn. You can be very proud of your country! I am growing to love it every day I am here!
Thanks for your comment,
* Moi, If I knew it I let you know,:)
* Theresa, I think they are but here they are cheap, pretty good tasting, Ask Sapin to make tomatoos like we do? Thats best.
* RAUF, you might be quith right, that this kind of tomatoos are neither fruit, nor veggies, but animals? I never thought of it that way. I hate the industry which is mistreating animals suh as Fish and chicken, just for our consumption. Therefore I always choose for BIOfood, wich is giving me the garatee that this animals were having a good life...
*Rauf 2 I am glad you found the music, this are nice songs, my favorites.
*ZHU Yes this one's are tasty and they are smeeling good too.
*Ginnie, I am glad you start liking the Dutch things, ut in Amsterdam you can almost find everything, I like your photo's for that reason...
Thanks for your enthousiastic reactions, have a good week!
JoAnn:)
The glass houses are really huge. You need them in the cold weasther to grow plants i think. We would need them in the summer to keep plants from the heat.
Post a Comment