© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Wednesday, February 20, 2008

ABC..... E = for ENERGY on ABC wednesday

E for "ENERGY" through Wind
This ENERGY is made by the wind. The red stripes are typical for the GERMAN windmills, this photo's are made in Germany.
E van Energie uit wind, deze windmolens hebben rode strepen, foto's zijn gemaakt in DUITSLAND



click on this to see the other ABC-blogs of today with an E

ENJOY THIS ABC WEDNESDAY!!!


53 comments:

Sharon said...

This is a great E picture and very relavant. that is cool the way you put your address in the picture.

dot said...

It seems that wind mills are different in each country. I like the German ones but I think the Dutch look the best.

Leslie: said...

These are very interesting windmills. Good photos, as usual. :D

Anonymous said...

Interesting photos, and amazing that these windmills and the wind there can generate enough energy.

Anonymous said...

Very nice shots...

Linda said...

Good "E" post. I think the windmills are cool.

annulla said...

Oh, Joann, I LOVE what you are doing with the word art in these photos. Outstanding! :)


Blather From Brooklyn

Neva said...

Hi JoAnn...good "E"! I had a hard time with this one!!

Anonymous said...

I like the new header, so typical of Holland for us foreigners!

Do you actually have a lot of windmills over there? Sorry for being naive, I truly don't know whether it's a stereotype or a real thing!

Anonymous said...

Just found your site through Leslies'...I love your pictures!!
Great job!!
Pam 'Oh Da Woods
http://dawoods12.blogspot.com

Paulie said...

Great choice! We are getting more and more of those farms here in the US.

rauf said...

We have quite a lot of them here in South India.
hope you are having a good week joAnn.
love and Hugs from India

Lilli & Nevada said...

Great windmills for energy

FO - 2 said...

GREAT E shots! :)

I think i will stay here for a while - listening to Robbie! ;)

Anonymous said...

beautiful captures

Mother Theresa said...

We have windmills in Navarre too, but they look a little different. But I guess it doesn't matter so much what they look like, as long as we get good clean energy from them. :)

Peter said...

A nice comparison between the traditional Dutch windmill and these new ones!

quintarantino said...

JoAnn, hello there ...
Our portuguese landscape, specially in the north of Portugal, is also getting full of those windmills.

Yes, they do bring us clean energy but don't look that pretty on top of the hills and mountains. That's what I think.

Lovely new header.

lv2scpbk said...

Good E word for the day.

Kerri Farley said...

Love this E post!!!

Gordon said...

Nice shots. We have lots of wind farms here now generating electricity; nice clean energy.

Liz Hinds said...

I think wind turbines have a simple elegance and grace. Lovely photos.

hpy said...

Called éoliennes in French after the god of the wind, Eol, I find them beautiful.

Andrea said...

Nice "E" post.

Pernille said...

Love your E's to day:)

Daryl said...

Clever and fun!

Anne-Berit said...

Great photos of the windmills,and a good E-post.

Happyone said...

Great E idea!! Amazing how many different windmills there are.

alicesg said...

Very well taken photo shot of the windmills. Heard that Holland has many nice windmills.

DeeMom said...

Perfect for "E"

really awesome

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

To answer some questions here:

HOLLAND is very famous for its WIND/waterMILLS with the four arms:
I mean the Mill-types as shown in the HEADER,

I will find out how many mills we have here in Holland, and I will write it down here on my blog,

Working inside a MILL is a seriously accepted job here in Holland!.

greetings and have a great ABC day!
JoAnn

Rune Eide said...

A very timely an Excellent E!

Very Enthusiastic about it!

Janet said...

Nice windmills. We have lots of them here, too. I love seeing their arms spinning round and round.

Miss_Yves said...

Eolienne(s) en Français , from the name of Eole, the mythological god of Winds !
Ecriture., Ecrire ...I like how you wrote your name in the sky!(Calligramme/calligram)
Miss Yves

Anonymous said...

A Great E !

Mrs Mac said...

Great photo's!

We are starting to get these in the Uk but a lot of people are worried about how they affect migrating birds.

thank you for visiting my ABC!

Katney said...

How many windmills are ther ein a typical German windfarm? There are some places here--Southern Califonia desert, east of San Francisco, Kittitas Valley of Washington--where there are "windfarms". Some have hundreds. No red stripes, though.

imac said...

Wind Power Energy. Great take for ABC =E post.

Berit T said...

Very very good:o)

mrsnesbitt said...

Awesome, so exciting! I love windmills! So different from the traditional ones we expect.

Nancy said...

Great pictures of windmills for the word Energy on the letter E day.

photowannabe said...

Hi JoAnn, what a great choice for the letter E. I never thought of this one either. What fun to see what people think of to post. Have a great day.

Dragonstar said...

We have a few locally - but no red stripes!
Excellent choice for E.

HildeS/Frøken Fryd said...

A very good E.

AVCr8teur said...

Lots of energy with all those windmills. I wonder if the red stripes are for decoration or for other purpose.

judi/Gmj said...

Very "e"fective use of a letter!

Lana G! said...

Great idea for E!

WichitaKsDailyPhoto said...

Hi Joann, I enjoyed listening to Robbie Williams while scrolling through your blog. I love your Dutch Windmill header. Been a while since my last visit, it's good to see you are keeping busy taking nice photos to share with us.

Max-e said...

What a nice site JoAnn. Our electricity supplier is intent on going the nuclear route, despite strong opposition. I would love to see wind turbines on our landscape

Susan said...

Great choice for the letter E. These are so modern, but I love the old windmills best!
I posted the eclipse tonight.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Thanks for all the interest in the E for ABC wednesday, I visited mOST of your theme E blogs and I must say that I was also surprised to see all the various idea's for E.

Have a great rest of your week or day E- e- everyone!

Thanks from JoAnn

Rob said...

We are seeing more and more of these energy producing windmills. Some are close to my home. They are streamlined, sleek, and thin. But I must admit, your older Dutch Windmills are much more charming and elegant than the new ones.

myonlyphoto said...

JoAnn, these are really cool, again I saw few in Germany, or I say many, and they also can be very big, fascinated by the design (I read once an article how they made them, they have these huge frictionless bearings). It was sad to see them not moving though. I think there were put out in the wrong areas, they belong more on the coasts or near water bodies where there is more wind. Did you also know what there are some issues with birds being killed - that is flying into them? Thanks for sharing, Anna :0