Join us on our Journey: LUXEMBURG part 1

Above picture on the left, this a small area in Luxemburg, we went to all the places in the circle, we stayed at VIANDEN Picture on the right :a sign on cars with the "L' for Luxemburg
(click on this link to read more about VIANDEN)
( click on this link to see a MAP of Belgium/Luxemburg /VIANDEN)

Above: when arriving in a village, all cars must lower their speed to 50 Km

Above; Cars are warned (Achtung) to be careful , because there hikers (Wanderers) on the side of the roads , cars have to drive slowly, otherwise you might get a ticket....

Above: esspecially for hikers/people with mountain walking sticks , there are special paths to walk, with distances, to give you a small impression of the distance above; a normal person is walking 5 km's in 1 hour , imagine... this is a walk of 3 hours in a row (without resting)


Above: People of all ages were walkin/hiking here and they came from all over the world just to walk here , the area is spectacular , sooooo re and beautiful!!!

Above: And the snow was everywhere we could see , we looked around us..snow,snow,snow, like a postcard... so pretty and clean , so bright and white!

Above; it can be dangeroyus so fathers you can ell its a man by his hat.... (and this is not for not moms haha) so better das: hold your childs-for safety- by the hand...


Above: all signs on told us where to walk... this kind of signs are necesary so you better don't loose the path, the snow was hiding the paths as you might know...

Above: pffff in About250 meters from here is our Hotel-appartment,there is a possibility to swim there but in this snowy weather is wan't possible to swim at all... are you nuts? No we have to sit down and take a rest, Thankyu so very much VIANDEN area we loved to walk here...
*****
To be continued.....
This week I show here more about our trip to Luxemburg , so please keep watching:)

17 comments:
That was an interesting and most beautiful walk. I enjoyed seeing all those signs along the way but the best of all is the RESTAURANT sign!
I love going on those walking paths. The most beautiful walks I did in the surroundings of London, in all the National Parks that one can find in The UK. The best moment indeed, entering in a pub at the end of walk!!!! I am now walking every week in Meijendel, and we do try to keep the rhythm of 6kms an hour. Pffff!!!
the red jackets against the woods and the snow is just so beautiful.
"achtung wanderers" sounds like the name of a rock band.
Beautiful shots. It is interesting that you when hiking when it was snowing. haha... But the place is sure lovely. I can't wait to read part 2. :)
Alexander
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex
I am happy for you that you like to walk in the ice and snow. I don't. I get too cold. Your photos are nice.
Thanks for your visit.
Abraham Lincoln in Brookville, Ohio
Hee, Hee, Lovely walk, did Ios like the walk?
I'll stop at the restaurant and ordem some "riesling" wine ... afterwards I guess we will better stau having a good chat because with all those signs and speed limits ...
Nice trip.
Een mooie wandeling en het is ook heel lekker om daarna uit te rusten. Veel sneeuw daar.
Bijna een echte wintersportvakantie, en dat zo dicht bij Nederland, met de paasdagen.
Dat was een mooie wandeling. Dank je wel Ik was laatst in Luxemburg in the jaren 70, een hele lange tijd geleden. Maar het is een heel mooi land. Dorset is een beetje alls Luxemburg maar meer glooiende heuvels.
Ik heb Middle Ditch 12 op de blog gezet. Kom en luister even.
Ik vroeg me ook af of je op facebook was
oh you look like you were having a good time, we have many places here in Central Oregon that has snow show skiing and snowmobiling. Very active sport. looking forward to seeing the rest of your trip.
Joann thanks for taking me for walk in Luxembourg. I used to work for the company that had division in Luxembourg, they used to say it is very small country. Thanks for sharing, your imagery is beautiful, especially the snowy one. Anna :)
A great journey JaAnn and a long hike in the snow. Lovely pictures.
Looks like fun was had by all! A great vacation/holiday!
Looks like a great area for wandelen! We enjoyed our trip to Luxembourg last year, it really is a beautiful country.
Thanks for commenting and I am always very glad to see that you enjoy my blog photography, though it are not pieces of art this time but to give YOU an impression of the atmosphere in Luxemburg.
Imagine that Holland and Luxemburg look very nearby each other but its a complete different style of countrie inside and the food and people (friendly they are) are really differing from the Dutch culture...
Oh and I do not mind that people write their commnets in Dutch Its free to use any language you prefer, I like all languages.
Thanks for you interest!
Looked like an interesting place to visit. Nice photos. Sorry for not visiting but am now back from my vacation. Have a nice weekend. :)
Post a Comment