
In case you didn't notice... I am IOS a dog yeh thats right. I look very innocent here... but I give my owners 3 sleepless nights sofar . NEH !!! I don't know what I have, I think its my belly , that might hurts, I might have eaten something wrong I quess.... but I have no pain no no...

Shall I, or shall I NOT, eat or drink something? YES?I DID !but just a little, GOOD GIRL!
*****
Ios is not feeling very well, since Friday, but slowly she seems to recover a little, I am more positive because she drunk a little and ate a bit, not much. But its a good sign that she tried.
ThankYOU! dear blogreaders,
for your supportive and very sweet comments and emails.
I'll let you know how Ios is doing th coming hours/day.

27 comments:
Oh, good girl!! So proud of you for trying. A little bit at a time ok? I will be with you and your Joann in spirit through out the night. Kisses, Judi
Feel so bad for IOS.
I have read somewhere that dogs can go without food for 3 or4 days. Try giving her some water mixed with sugar with a spoon. I force feed my dogs if they don 't eat, a little at a time.
Can you give her some liver medicine?
I heard about your dog through a mutual blog friend. Yes, pets are a part of the family.. I feel for you.
Oh i do hope that she is better soon, maybe a touch of the flu
She really is your precious child, JoAnn, so I do hope she is totally well soon!
Hope IOS is doing fine JoAnn.
The music on your side bar is really beautiful JoAnn, i am enjoying my visit to your page.
Thank you for posting it. i have Beethoven.
As you say, a good sign! Keep trying! (So touching to see the eyes of a loving dog!)
I get so confused about the time where you live. It is 4am here. I woke up and fixed a coffee and came to your blog thinkin maybe news. Maybe you are at the vets? I hope things are ok. I will continue to check back frequently. hugs. Judi
Thanks Judi, QuietR,Amrita, Lilli,Ginnie, Rauf and Peter, and Thanks to the friends which emailed me, or MSN'd THANKS to you all, I really needed the support,
Thanks! for all sweet words,
But also (NO) thanks to MY 3 sleepness nights,while I was watching over Ios.
But the result is there, IOS is feeling a bit better we think...
We think that......
because IOS ate a small part of food, starting with eating a mini meal on SUNDAY evening...
... and today on MONDAY she ate again a minimeal, but she ate slowly and only half of her 'normal' portion , than she stopped..., looked at me and went back to her 'bed' she is having enough of her food sooner than normal ,but she ate!!!
WHAT A MIRACLE!!!
Maybe like Lilly is suggesting: ...Maybe Ios might have had a 'Touch of the flu'?
We hope and pray that she will get better and better by every second/ minute, hour and every day....!
THANKS blogfriends for your 'living with me throught this heavy moment, JoAnn
Your dog is beautiful and I do hope she is back to normal now. If not, I do hope you will take her to the vet. I never think it matters too much if a dog doesn't eat, provided the dog is normal in itself, bouncy, normal, whatever. If it's curled up in a bed tho, not moving much, then something can be wrong and time for a visit to the vet. Do let us know. Sometimes dogs just don't eat cos nature is making them gift an upset tummy a rest.
Jilly
I hope you take her to the Vet anyway - just to check and for advice and comfort......I have a friend who is a vet here (she also lived in the Hague when I did, now she lives here) and she does alternative stuff for dogs (just like humans) so she does acupuncture and herbal stuff and chiropractic and all of that. Do they have that where you are?
I'm glad your dog is feeling better :)
Hip, hip ... hoorrraaayyyy!!!1 IOS is starting to feel better so now I guess JoAnn can catch up with her lost sleeps ...
excellent news.
Lieve JoAnn,
Het is zeker een goed teken dat ze weer wat drinkt en eet. Heb je misschien de dierenarts gebeld en gevraagd wat hij er van vindt?
Het geeft jullie misschien wat meer zekerheid !
Ik ben niet gelovig maar zal een kaarsje voor Ios opsteken.
Hou je haaks meisje in deze zware dagen, ik denk aan je en geef je een denkbeeldige stevige knuf.
Uiteraard ook voor Bert!
Liefs
Marijke
Last update 17.15 PM MONDAY:
IOS is NOW doing fine, she might have had a tummy disfunction, or tummy infection, because she might ate something "bad, not good for dogs" Who knows? I don't...
DOGS are sick (just like that) and at once better? I am very surprised I must tell you that...
I am so RELEASED! hip hip heep heep huuuuurrrrraaay! hurray!!!
Because ... The good news is :
"IOS ate again!!!"
The first meal she ate half her meal, The second meal today , she ate all of it as normal... just like that.
She ate, As never/ever something/nothing happened, she looked at me with eyes wide opene again , they said:
" I think I am feeling nomal"
hmmm ... Thats that than, she scared the heck out of me, those last 4 days, ( and 3 sleeples nights) I was very upset and worried, BUT SHE IS OKAY NOW!!!
Thank you for all your supportive comments, mails.. Thank you!!!!
But I am glad its over ( I hope)and...quess what I am gonna do?
SLEEP ...
s l e e p ...
s l e e p ...
What would I sleep...
Good night I am going right Now! for a GOOD EVENING- NIGHT sleep ...
fffgrgrgrrrhdssssss.....
I called back to see how she was doing.. glad to hear shes eaten and drank something.
Tom
That is such a good sign. But keep an eye on her kidney and bowel functions though. That is easier with dogs than cats.
Tot ziens
Doei (mijn zuster zegt dat altijd)
atta girl!!!! take care of your precious self, IOS.....:)
Good girl!! Go to sleep both of u. Maybe like Crohns? a little flare?
hugs Judi
whew....hope you get some much needed rest and IOS stays well....8 1/2 is very old for a dog her size, right? My Tessie is 12 and hanging in there but my German Shepard mix --who weighed in over 100lbs....only made it to 7. I was very sad and have Clancy and Simon to make up for him! (not really but I would not have gotten them if I still had Mason.)
Nice to read she is recovering. Get some sleep yourself as well!!
Glad to hear that Ios seems to be doing better. Eating and drinking are good signs. Hope Ios continues to improve and I will keep saying a prayer each day.
So glad to read she is doing well Joann. I worry about our dogs too. Part of the family aren't they?
Denise
xxx
OK, so now that everything is fine, it's to see you back posting some beautiful pictures and making some sharp comments. Greek Isles are waiting for you at Blogtrotter. ;))
Enjoy and have a great week!
Gil
Thanks for your sweet helping words,
YES Ios is my friend my mate,almost as my child.... But she is recovering slowly....
Thanks to you all,Tom , Monique, Moi, Judi , Neva, Lezard, Happyone, Denise, Gil, THANKS!!!
And guess...????
IOS ATE again a bit of her food TODAY....
I hope she will continue eating!!!!
She must have been sick from a flu or having some bowel problems,eaten something wrong, WE STILL DON"T KNOW WHAT COEURSED ThE problem,
I followed-up all YOUR tips, suggestions, instructions, by giving fluid food (NEVA thanks),
Or, just being very sweet to her helped her, through this sick time I guess...?
Well I am so glad its ALMOST over (I sure wish and hope it is...)
Its almost NOON here I couln'd stop sleeping , taht tired I was! Can you all imagine?
Well I did not noticed this before, but YOU out-there are such a friendly and sweet people! That really kept me going throught this hard worried time...
Thank thanks wooof wooof from the both of us:
IOS and JoAnn
Thanks for your coments in my Blog.;
I loved your photos.
I do not speek English very well, but I`d use your photos in my blog with your credits . May I have your permition ?
Post a Comment