© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Sunday, May 04, 2008

Switserland.... On the road


The canton of Wallis, or, in French: Valais, borders on France and Italy. Therefore there is a great variety in language and culture. French is spoken in the west of Wallis, while German is spoken in the east. The language border is between the towns of Sierre and Leuk in the Rhône valley. One of the main attractions is the Grosser Aletsch glacier, the largest glacier in the Alps. Lovers of sun will feel at home in the warm Rhône valley, which is, so to speak, the 'backbone' of this beautiful canton. The Rhône valley has many side-valleys, each of which with its own charm. Many spectacular viewing points can be reached in Wallis. You will find the highest mountains in Europe here, among which the impressive Matterhorn and the Dufourspitze, 4,634 m (15,203 ft) over sea and the highest point in the country. The Mont Blanc lies just across the French/Italian border. It is the highest mountain in Western Europe (4,807 m, 15,771 ft).
___________________________________________
....Travelling .....


(c) "On the road" by JoannWalraven.com

Soon more about our Travel to Switserland....
But I can tell you now in secret... that I made some great shots...
Its such a fantastic country for photography!

*
....Tomorrow I'll be able to upload more fantastic views....
From a "movie-like" country

*
Please keep watching and
Thank you for your enthousiastic reactions!
I wish YOU a Happy Sunday :)

12 comments:

Monique said...

I love those shots through a mirror. It's great.

Amrita said...

Hi JoAnn, good to have you back. Switzerland is so delightful, Prem and Anju have been there with their kids.
you must have had lots of chocolate.

K M F said...

its very different prespective shot and vibrant colours
have a nice day

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Thank you for your comment:

*Monique, yes I like that too,
*Amrita, no not chocolte strange enough for me/us, we did not see any shops, just walking paths....
*KmF. I agree thanks


Its good to be back the weather here in HOLLAND is so great!! 22 degrees and very sunny!!!

:)JoAnn with SUNNY Greetings

Tom said...

Great that you are taking time out to update us... I like the mirror shot and the view.

Keep smiling and keep safe
Tom

Tom said...

Great that you are taking time out to update us... I like the mirror shot and the view.

Keep smiling and keep safe
Tom

Ginnie Hart said...

You are feeling about Switzerland what I am feeling about Australia right now, JoAnn. We'll be swapping our photos. :)

Anonymous said...

what a great view through your rear view mirror.....

Anonymous said...

it must be very interesting place. wonderful shots

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Thanks

Today (this afternoon) I will upload more about Switserland by photography,

first I love/like to enjoy the SUN YEEEEH!!!

PeterParis said...

I have also had the pleasure to visit this part of Switzerland. I'm sure you will keep your promise and soon show us your great shots!

Anonymous said...

Hello there JoAnn,
I see you are having/had great time on a very beautiful country.
I loved the photo taked with the the landscape on the rear mirror. It's very cool.