© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Monday, June 26, 2006

Old photographs 9: WK & Dad...

WK 2006; Netherlands is out of the worldcup!

Yesterday we Netherlands, lost the football game against Portugal with 0-1, so we are completely out of the WK...... Normally I would have called my dad, with a GOALL or just to say " how the game was" , 4 years ago he was still alive. My dad passed away in December 2003, after beeing so very sick that everyone wished him a painless death, including himself ( because of the terrible pain ) he did not like being around on this world anymore. His kind of illness :cancer in his bones, was absolutely not the kind of a painless ilness. Its the first WK worldcup without my dad, so therefore I remember him now more than normally.

The first photograph is made in the year 2001 when I visited my parents garden house.
About trafficjam: But I remember also the traffic mass from Amsterdam to The Hague. Normally its possible to drive to The Hague in 1 hour...... but it was only possible in two hours - or more- driving by car from Naarden ( where I live) to their house in The hague. In Holland there always is a terrible traffic jam, mostly on the mainroad A4 to The Hague, it takes you many hours to get to The Hague because of that. The same story (trafficjam) when I companied my dad always to the hospital for Xray ( bestraling) or chemo. I picked him up from the nursinghouse and afterwards I brought him back. I used to call the doctors sometimes that I could not get out of this Traffic-Jam, so mostly I left the house at 8.00 am to arrive sometimes at 11.00 am (!!) at the hospital... And not to name also the same with driving back. I called driving to The Hague in that time : a " TOPSPORT" . Well I would not have to miss it for one minute to be with my dad, because we were always having fun together, while waiting in the hospital. After the hospital visit we went to the beach for a vieuw on the sea and the waves.
The close up picture of my dad is made just before he went into the hospital in The Hague the summer of 2001. Normally He was very thin in his face, but later when the hospital was giving him medicine his face and body blew up ( cushing face) . My mom and dad use to go together to this gardenhouse when it was summer, and the sat ther the intire day, just enjoying doing nothing or working in the ( flower & vegetable) garden. My father always was a handy-man, he made a wooden table inside and a beautiful kitchen, also a ( bank) coutch from wood with big pillows, where you could sleep on. Also he made a connection for a heater, so when it was cold they could put on the heater. My father was very good in electricity because he was an electrician , he could also repair motors etc. The gardenhouse was only a "stoneworp " away from my parents appartment in The Hague .When they were celebrating their birthdays, they invited all the children and the grandchildren. It was a full house. When they were both in better health they used to go by bike & later they went by car to this gardenhouse.
Summer 2003, my fathers last summer, here he was sitting in the backyard behind our house , he was not living with my mom anymore, but he was living in a special nursery house ( for sick people, which are needing daily help). On this photograph my dad was looking at the same "old photograps" of his/my youth as just publiced on this blogger. All the old black and white photographs from my youngh age, are my by my dad's camera.I am so glad he was in our house and that he also met my dog, also that we were able to let my dad stay in our house for a whole week. He without pain now and very happy. I will never forget him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The garden house sounds really nice. It is good to have these nice memories and photos.


Colleen

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Thank you colleen, you + Geoff will remember you dad (il)after the difficult time, there's always a sweet memorie. JoAnn