Sooooo glad I was with my new bought Palm TX...
Yeh my cousin has one too, and I would like one myself for when I am travelling...as we mostly are travelling and I would like to keep contact with my family and friends. With this Palm (I thought) I could to go onto the internet... chat by mns, or sent-recieve my e-mails , this while I am on holidays... because at home I have my laptop right? Well she could have a wireless connection on most places in Canada, so why not buy a Palm? This is what I thought....
Wrong!
Because in European countries, all wireless ( mobile) internet connections are only possible with a payed account ( monthly abonnement) . But when you do have a Palm, only as a student you might find a free ( not payed) "hotspot' connection at the University, also near/ in big student-cities as Amsterdam , Leiden, The Hague etc, you might have sometimes by accident an internet-connection. Right! And even when you have a payed-account than it is only possible when your provides has a contract with the countrie you are travelling in or to. Example: My provider Tele-2 (also called Telfort) has a contract in most parts of the world , but not Costa Rica, when you have Vodaphone you might be more lucky... I would like to say: European (including Dutch) are far behind with the modern technology, if you compare it with the USA and Canada.
Me with a surprised (long disappointed...) face.... That stupid Dutch system . "afzetters" haha Truus would say and she is SO right! And Yvonne... it is absolutely not your fault that the European system is like this, I better thank you for helping me set-up my Palm. As a matter of fact I had to sent the Palm back to the store (in Canada) , so my aunt Truus is so sweet to help me with that. IAm I glad with this ? Nooooo! THE more a reason to immigrate to Canada, who knows?
Saturday, September 30, 2006
UHHHHH !!! Yak....
© photography & text by
Jo's-D-Eyes
op
4:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
The Dutch are as narrow in their heads as the streets, hahaha, nothing is for free in Holland!
Too many restrictions that is what I say.
But.... I like their gezelligheid, the croquettes, drop,vulkoeken,gebak,flowers, the Markt, stroopwafels. Having a Birthday in Holland!!!!!!!!!
You're SO RIGHT about the "narrowness" , all the rules and allis costing money too. In that case I don't like the Dutch either! Yes the taste of many foods ar so great, even birthdays... we celebrated for 2 weekends ( n different days) the birthday of Bert, for example: see my blogger-writing on 2006/Oktober 1 st. But Theo's birtday was very cosy fo me too!! Esspecially the cake was great, with the children blowing out the candles...!
Nederland is absoluut nog niet zover als Canada met hotspots e.d., heeeeel misschien over 5-7 jaar? Jammer he, JoAnn? Ik vind het rot voor je, maar ook voor ons mede-nederlanders. Jeronme.
Nederland is absoluut nog niet zover als Canada met hotspots e.d., heeeeel misschien over 5-7 jaar? Jammer he, JoAnn? Ik vind het rot voor je, maar ook voor ons mede-nederlanders. Jeronme.
Post a Comment