© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Dog 'IOS' and rain!?

Ios and rain are water and fire,
She refuses to walk in the rain.....so how am I gonna get her outside in this pouring moonson-rain?? This morning it was raining cats and dogs, so haha!:) I just tried a raincoat on -yes I am crazy enough to do that-, She absolutely complete denied to walk after that and.... haha! she went back to her dogbed, hummmm with that coat on of course...." I am NOT going outside in that rain!" Who-ever is telling me that dogs have not their own taste? This dog has! Well its was worth a try right? We/she went out with me, 1 hour later(haha! :) when the weather was dry again of course....
Dutch: Ios en regen zijn 2 tegenpolen
en ze wil dan absoluut niet naar buiten! Dus vanmorgen heb ik een poging gedaan, en jawel.... haar een regenjas aangetrokken...- jahoor ik ben een beetje gek- Niet een goed idee dus want mevrouw ging 'met jas en al' doodleuk in haar mand liggen, "ik ga niet naar buiten!" Nouja het was het proberen waard , na 1 uur was het weer opgeklaard -was het droog haha:)!- en zijn we alsnog naar buiten gegaan.
Medical news:
The good thing is that she seemed to feel a little bit (tinywiny) better since we visited the vet last week, she still cannot walk very well and has to rest a lot! (not playing or running) On August 30th we have to go back to the vet again, for her 2th cortisone (costistoroiden? whatever word...) injection in her bones. This should help, we hope for the best... Thank You blogreaders for your fantastic reactions about the bone-sickness of my dog "IOS" , you were really a big help....
Dutch Medisch gedeelte:
Ios lijkt zich een heel klein beetje 'wat' beter te voelen maar loopt nog steeds mank, op 30 Augustus krijgt ze haar 2e cortisone injektie in haar gewricht, dat zou moeten helpen ,dus we hopen op het beste resultaat. Bloglezers bedankt voor jullie fijne en hartelijke reacties m.b.t. de bot-ziekte van mijn hond IOS, dat heeft mij goed gedaan.
Not a sharp pic; but such a sweet little face...
Dutch: Niet een scherpe foto, maar we een lief koppie...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smart dog, not going out in the rain! I am sorry to here she is not well, I hope the vets can take care of her.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Mike,
haha who's smarter?:)

CG said...

Poor doggie; I hope she gets better soon - give her a cuddle from me!

Carl H. Sr. said...

I hope your little friend does not suffer.And may she walk with you soon.She really does have a sweet face.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

CJ,
Thanks You so much , I gave her the cuddle!:)

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Carl Sr,
We don't really now if she's having pain, she 'different' than other moments in her little life, a bit slow and not very playable & spontanious as she normally is... Yeh sweet face, we enjoy her so much, :)

judi/Gmj said...

Oh, poor baby!! I was a nurse for years, but I can not stand to see an animal sick. I feel so helpless. She looks so sad in the raincoat....She may be thinking "silly woman, I won't be caught dead in this coat, it's not my color and it is not talored!" :O)

Marijke said...

Hoi Joann

Ik hoop zo dat de cortisone gaat aanslaan. Het lijkt me zo vervelend voor haar, dat manke pootje.
En ja, ik heb wel moet lachen om die regenjas. Wel een mooie foto :-)
Doeg Marijke

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi GMJ,
Thank you for your support,
My dog is too sweet to think that I am 'silly' :) No just kidding! We really hope and pray for a better health for my sweet friend.

Hi marijke,
Ja lachwekkend maar ook weer 'een eigenwijze' reactie vn een dier, ze zijn toch slimmer dan we deneken, En ik moet accepteren als ze micchien mank blijft. Ik vind het zo zielig om te zien, ik zou nog liever zelf mank lopen!. Bedankt voor je medeleven..

:) JoAnn

Neva said...

I a mso sorry your dog is not feeling so well.. I have an 11 year old lab(plus the puppy in the picture with me!) and she is very slow moving and has arthritic hips. Hard for her to move up or down the stairs....flat surface is ok so I hope the shots help. your doggie is beautiful! Thanks for visiting my blog...I have been here just unable to comment as I was/am having some technical difficulties with something....the son is checking it out!

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Neva,
My Iosje is just 8 yesr young, but that old for a Bernese Mountain dog, The Vet told us that she never-ever can walk up the stairs, so when I hear you saying that your dog is doing tha? Is taht not very bad for her legs?

I hope your "technical" problem will be soved by your son? Let me know or tell it by your blog,

Bye Thank you :) JoAnn

JAM said...

You might look into other things to give your dog. I have a friend here in Florida who has an old Corgi, that has arthritis and had trouble walking. He started giving the dog pills with glucosamine, condrointin, and MSM and he said that in less than a month, it was like a new dog. He would run and play again.

Anyway, look into other stuff like that too that may help with your dogs joints, to lessen swelling and pain.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi JAM,
THANKS I will ask the Vet about this pills with glucosamine, condrointin, and MSM , perhaps we can even buy it... THANKYOI!!!

:) JoAnn