© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Thursday, August 09, 2007

Dogsick...

DOGSICK:
We went to the animal-doctor today, to see/hear 'what is going on' with our dog, since she cannot walk very well anymore. The doctor had to make some Rontgen-photo's (X-rays) therefore my dog IOS, had to sleep for little while... Here she is just waking up,with her sleepy eyes half opened, she looked at us. "Am I finally home now?" she ( the dog) seemed to think... The doctor found out that she is having an "atrosis or "elbow displasy" on her left front leg. They gave her an injection with cortisone, against the nerve-infection and muscle pains. So its forbidden to walk on stairs & fast walking outside, for at least 9 weeks. We have to go back to the animal doctor in 3 weeks from now. Our 1TH worries are solved...
Zieke Hond:
Dutch: Hier kijkt IOs ons lodderig aan en word ze net wakker uit een slaaproesje, gegeven om foto's te maken bij de dierenarts.....Vandaag dus bij de dierenarts geweest voor IOS. Ze kon niet meer goed lopen, ze liep mank. Na een paar foto's van de linkervoorpoot, werd ons als resultaat verteld dat IOS een Artrose probleem heeft in haar linkervoorpoot, een vorm van elleboog dysplasie. In feite niets aan te doen maar te behandelen met 3 injecties cortison, om de 3 weken. Nu mag ze voorlopig de eerst 9 weken ( en daarna) niet trappenlopen of hardlopen. Over 3 weken weer terugkomen . De grootste zorgen zijn inmiddels weggenomen.

11 comments:

Martha said...

Oh, poor puppy! She looks so sad. I hope she will soon be happy again. Maybe we can put her in a wagon (cart) and take her for an orchard walk.

Emery Roth said...

I hope all goes well with your dog. I love the shot of your husband with glasses.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Thanks Emery, I tried to make an 'artistic-hus-w-glasses' shot, in between the others, good you noticed...

Martha, its today only, 'a sad-look'g doggy' (because of the medicine) She's always a happy ;) smily dog, soon she will be again.

JoAnn

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

ohhh!!! i hope she gets well soon ..she's so pretty, Joann :)

RUTH said...

Oh poor little thing. Please give him a stroke from me.
Rx

Marijke said...

Ach gossie toch, niet zo fijn voor Iosje.
Hopelijk helpen de injecties cortison spoedig. Ja, artrose, toch vaak een ouderdomsziekte. Ik hopo dat het gauw minder wordt en dat ze spoedig wat beter kan lopen.

Ik mail verder privé
Dikke kus en blij dat je fijn weer thuis bent.
Marijke

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi all sweet blog-people,

Thanks for your sweet and understandable reactions, that is helping me very well!

This "artrosis thing" is a typical bernese mountain dog-desease... I hate to say this but I am afraid it will not get any better. She's 8 years old now and for a bernese mountain dog , that's is OLD. Its such a sweet dog my biggest friend ever!!!! I feel a bit sad and make the very best of the rest of her life. I hope it will get a little better with my dog....

Some people say " Life of animals are endless", Yes I know, but I cannot help it that its not fair, to see my dog suffer.

I will make the best of it, and keep you informed.

JoAnn

Amrita said...

oh dear...get well soon IOS.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

thank you Amrita,
she really needs some more "getting well's"

Perpetual Procrastinator said...

I'm very sorry to hear your dog's having problems. I hope the injection helps and she's feeling better soon!

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Thanks PP,
(and all others by emsil!) I will keep you all informed about the health of my sweet dear little friend.

She's having our love, we are very glad and happy to have her! Its such a sweet adorable doggy.