© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Monday, August 13, 2007

Spain: Is that a swimmingpool?

COSTA BRAVA SPAIN;

We went this summer "searching for some SUN", through France to the very North-east coast of Spain, called the Costa Brava. How to get there: On the Higway to Barcelona, go off at Gerona (off roadnr 5 or 6), follow "village Pals" and drive through to the sea-coast. Than follow the signs "Begur", this is where this photo's (under) are all made, we were very surprised to see a swimmingpool down there!!!
When we walked down from the stairs we found out why there was a swimmingpool and even some lazy chairs! It was a fantastic dream spot, with a real (or fake?) little waterfall, with a nice view on the sea and the boats. As usual there are also pine-trees near the sea on thjis coast, which is a fantastic combination with the warm sunny weather...(this summer in between 25-30 degrees) This way you can enjoy the shadow... Absolutely a great place to visit, I will highly reccoment this place to visit to you all! (PS for the English people: comments are called her 'reakties') Double click on each photo to enlarge them.






Dutch: Zie foto's boven , Deze zijn gemaakt aan de noord-oost kust van Spanje de : Costa Brava, vanuit Frankrijk volg de route naar Barcelona en ga de snelweg af ter hoogte van Girona (afslag 5 of 6) en volg de borden naar het stadje "PALS" maar rij door tot aan de zeekust, volg daar de weg naar "Begur", daar zijn deze foto's gemaakt.
We zagen daar dit zwembad in de rotsen met een prachtig uitzicht op zee en de boten... De pijnbomen zijn overal aan deze kust, wat erg fijn is want zij zorgen voor de benodigde schaduw, deze zomer was de temperatuur aldaar tussen 25-30 graden, dus we hadden een prima weertje. Absoluut een topper en een aanrader om naartoe te gaan!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am also surprised to see a swimming pool with so much water around you.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo

Neva said...

What an unusual place for a pool!! But it is a beautiful view and the water is gorgeous. Glad you had a nice vacation!

Anonymous said...

Hello JoAnn, thanks for your nice visit to my blog. You have a nice blog here and what an unusual entry for today. The pool looks out of place with all the other water around it! Looks like you had a great trip.

Again, thanks for stopping by and I hope to see more of you in the future!

Carl H. Sr. said...

Hi JoAnn,the second picture is my favorite scene here. I like the natural rocks all around. Looks like a place where people lay around like lizards in the sun!
Thanks for coming to mysight,and yes that is my (shed)I will write a little about it.

RUTH said...

What a dream of a place...it looks like my idea of paradise :o)

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Everyone:
I am so sorry but I made on the photo's a mistake in the name of the little village on the rocks, its called "BEGUR", "bergur was wrong but simular, ehhh....

AbL,
Maybe Ithought because of the sweet water in the pool and people who don't like salty seawater?

Neva,
Yes very unusual indeed but also a pretty place to be, quess what you see while you are IN this pool? What a view?

Mike,
Our trip was GREAT yes! you're welcome to visit my blog as I like visiting yours also...

Carl sr,
Did you know (no you don't of course) that people even were sitting ( in chairs) aside watching the other people in this ppol and hotel? That was so funny to see!

Ruth,
Yeh paradise is pretty close, only this one is a bit expensive 160, euro a room a night for 2 persons, ohh well why not, paradie is one way, not a return-ticket or me! haha!

JoAnn with greetings

Marijke said...

Hoi hoi
Dat ziet er allemaal wel erg zomers uit hoor...mmm toch wel lekker zo even op vakantie !
Doeg
Marijke

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

beautiful place....the swimming pool there made me laugh...is it for people who are afraid to swim in the sea, perhaps???

Sally said...

Hi, I hopped over here from Abraham Lincoln's blog as I saw you mentioned a pool - my passion!

If you like swimming pools in or by the sea, you may like to brose my Swimming Pools blog:

http://swimsallyswim.blogspot.com/

dot said...

What a beautiful place for a swimming pool! I wonder if it's a private or public pool.

NorthBayPhoto said...

Great shots. A very interesting place for a swimming pool!

Thanks for visiting my NorthBayPhoto blog.

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

Lovely photos! There are lots of pastel-coloured houses all over England, I love them! I love the ones in Holland too! So pretty with their gabled roofs!

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Marijke,
Terug thuis is ook weer fijn hoor!

Moi, I visited your blog many times but saw the same shoes are you on holiday?

Sally, thanks for visiting you are very welcome, I also visited your s now a very interesting blog you have.

Dot, I think its owned by a hotel..... I think that because too many people were swimming there to be privat, don't you think so either?.

Northbay, I agree fully,

Sophie, I love all pastel coloured houses like on your blog and also inside the house, as long as it is all in one style.

Dennis said...

hey this is beautiful...loved those dotting boats in the water and the idea of having a swimming pool so close to the sea..lovely ones...

thanks for the visit to my site..its interesting to see the blogs from countries and places I hv nvr been to.. i feel part of greater something...

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Dennis,
That the idea behind blogging for me too, just getting to know other countries and cultures trough some-one elses eyes, I like that so much, Yes I visited you blog also...Nice blog and it gives me an good impression of your countrie.

The idea behind a swimmingpool near the sea is on the one hand: the nice view and on the other hand, the sweet water instead of salt water, Some people like sweet-, others salt water...! :) This way its easier to make your choice AND... its closeby.. :)

JoAnn :)

JAM said...

Beautiful place. I love that pool above the water like that. They do that in Florida too, they have a house on the ocean and build a swimming pool between the home and the beach.

I'd love to walk the steps and check out that waterfall.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Jam,
Where's that house???? I would like to visit that place i Florida also, please tell me?

:) JoAnn