When we drove around by car in France, this dried grass we saw many many times on the side of all roads , in all different shapes, its so typical for France . Why? Because there are many farms, and France is very wide with lots of land/ fields , and there many cows , they need this dried grass to eat in the winter..... Its so nice to see...
Dutch: Aaan de kant van de wegen, zie je deze "gedroogde gras/hooi-balen" wel ontzettend veel, in allerlei varianten en vormen, Het is zo typisch Frans. Frankrijk is erg groot en heeft veel land en weilanden, ook erg veel koeien en deze moeten natuurlijk in de winter ook eten, Vandaar deze stro-balen. Mooi om te zien.
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Typical for France is...
© photography & text by
Jo's-D-Eyes
op
11:13 AM
Labels/Onderwerpen Photography, Travelling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
looks like the french cows will never be hungry
We have rolls of hay like that in England. I guess they use some sort of machine to roll it that way but never seen one doing it. :o)
Amrita, Noho the cows will't be hungry, course beside the dried grass they eat other food also...
Ruth, A farmer near our house is also using a "roll-up" machine for the dries grass, an ingenious system ( behind his tractor) he's using plastic around it also....
JoAnn
It's haying time here as well.
Thank you for visiting Selma's "Internet Cafe."
No matter how many hay bales i see, i still love them...and will love to shoot one myself :)
I hope your dog is a lot better.
Great and unusual pics. I'm going away without my dog this time. She will be going to my parents instead, so she will get a holiday too.
When I was a small boy we "pitched" hay up on hay wagons using pitch forks and then they came out with baling machines that makes rectangle bales of hay and now these rolls of hay. I seldom see the other kinds any more.
Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate that and also your comments there.
You have a nice blog here and I will come back again.
Abraham Lincoln
Try my website
Hi JoAnn, this is a sure sign of Autumn on the way.
I like this. It's a simple image, just of rolled hay and green grass, uncluttered by a lot of other scenery, yet it's evocative of the entire countryside....
Nice shot. Were there any square bales of hay? Or just the round ones?
Thanks for visiting my NorthBayPhoto blog.
Moi, I would like to see " your dreid grass impressions" so please post them?
Jayne, No I hate to say it but my og is not better yet, we hope she will get a litlle better! But Thanks!
PP, Yes just simple pic's are someimes THE BEST! I agree.
Thank you all for your visit and comments!
AbL I cannot help it but I like your photography so much,
Annie,
NoHo!! not autumn yet! We hope for ome after sunny days here....
Northbay:
My Answer on your question :
YES! I saw even square bays of hay (=Dried grass) in France, also with several and different colours wrapping plastic around the hay.
Thanks for your vist and comments,
jaaaa, dat is waar, maar veel van deze hooibalen worden naar o.a. Nederland geëxporteerd. Want daar hebben ze vaak te weinig hooi..
Zo leer je nog eens wat !
Groetjes
Marijke
I took a picture of two big round bales of hay today that look very much like yours. I think the bales are very pretty.
It looks exactly like the hay bales I see here in the USA.
Marijke,
Is dat echt zo? Dat wist ik niet,
English: Marijke was telling in het comment that most of the French haye bales are exported to other countries , I did not know that....
Dot,
Yes OK, I will visit your blog to look at your style of photographing haye bales...
Priscilla,
I did not know that the shape of haye bales are the same as the one on the picture.. You see? Thats how I learn every day about othre countries such as the USA in this case... thanks for your comment.
:) JoAnn
Post a Comment