© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Naarden :Annastraat

Naarden-Vesting
ANNASTRAAT,
Again as promised (Dick & Gerard) :some more typical Dutch houses and of course other kinds of gabels.
Zoals beloofd (Dick & Gerard) nog wat Nederlandse huizen en nog wat andere typen gevels
______________*
Under:The streets are very narrow, so this street is one-way street, you can only park on one side of the street, otherwise cars can't drive there.

Boven: de straten zijn zo smal dat het gewenst is om aan een zijde van de straat te parkeren.



On the above houses (thirth of the left, and top on the right) you can see that this house has also a roof window, the space under the roofs is very low, so people make a roof window, this way they can stand straith up , as long as they stand near the roof window...

Boven: Het 3e huis van links heeft een dakkapel, om te kunnen staan is dat vaak nodig.


Some more type of DUTCH Gabels...Anna straat
Nog wat Nederlandse Gevels....Anna Straat


By Question of "D. & G." I made yesterday some photo's of this small narrow street named :'Annastraat',they know why, and I hope the like the photo's, it was a cloudy day yesterday but perhaps thats not so bad for the photo's. Ik hoop dat D.&G. de foto's 'wat vinden' , het was wat bewolkt gisteren, maar misschien is dat juist wel mooi.


Above photo: When you look carefull, you see behind the houses the top of the church tower from Naarden, Als je goed kijkt zie je net het topje van de kerk van Naarden achter de daken...



Look : at the end of the street you can see a small view of the townhouse of Naarden. Aaan het einde van de straat kun je net een klein stukje van het Stadhuis zien..

The DUTCH Red/white/blue 'wimple' thats a small variation of the usual flag is hanging out today because the Queen of the Netherlands (BEATRIX) is reading the new government rules for the coming year. De wimpel van de Nederlandse vlag hing gisteren ook uit vanwege Prinsjesdag.
_________*
Click on photo's to enlarge, klik op de foto's om ze te vergroten

26 comments:

Jayne said...

Interesting pics. Do you live in this street?

Daniel J Santos said...

well done, I adore architecture.

quintarantino said...

Well done. Lovely photos. Learning some interestong things about Dutch reality.

Peter said...

Really looks like a charming little city! No space for futher development I guess. To have the aerial photo + the map of yesterday and now these ones really give you the "full pciture"!

Cloudy day? I see blue sky (or almost) everywhere!

dot said...

I'm enjoying your pictures. It's interesting to see what other places look like.

Sparkle Plenty said...

I love the roofs! I do not know much about the architecture there. Are most of the houses made of brick or stucco? Thanks for the great glimpses into your world.

Anonymous said...

Nice photography. I like the homes and how different they are than our homes.

If you have not see my new blog about my early life in Japan (1950s) then it might be worth the click > Here

Marijke said...

Hoi Jo-Ann

Wat gezellig hollands, die huisjes zo op de foto's.
En die typische hollandse luchten, maakt het idylische plaatje wel compleet.
Leuk hoor.
Doeg
Marijke

Dick said...

Bedankt, het is al een tijd terug dat ik er geweest ben en inderdaad smalle straatjes. Maar het is een mooie plaats om te wonen, toch?

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi thanks for reacting:
*Jayne :)
To answer your queastion on my post toady:(the ANNA straat in Naarden) Noh! I do not live in THAT street my house is a footstep away, but bigger I'm glad for that ha:)My dog needs a lot of space:)
* Thanks Daniel,
I wish I designed that house styles, but its way before I was even born.. :)
* Quint;) Good you like/learn about Dutch it, I will post some funny stuff also later, not teachable but just photography,
* Peter< yeh ummm a bit cloudy but good for pic's, Thanks 4 compliments,
* Thanks Dot , There I am doing it for, for you and the other readers....
*Sparkle, Tha houses are for sure brick and SOME stucko, glad you like the views..
* Hi AbL, I like some of your photo's about your city ( the map the other day) Butyou are best in Nature, Look later at you J blog ok? You have 3 blogs now:)
* Marijke, bedankt ja typisch hollands he? Mis je het al?
*Dick ja eens mooie plaats om vlabij te wonen ik woon op een voetstap afstand van de vesting...


Thanks everyone :) JoAnn

NorthBayPhoto said...

Nice series of photos! Thanks for sharing your city and country with us.

Rowdy said...

Great photos. And the wordings open up your country for us. Great work

CG said...

We have a room in our roof! it's our bedroom :) Great photos

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

:) the oof window instantly reminded me of my friend's house in Groningen....as you said we could only stand straight up next to the roof wondow.....it's great seeing your charming town, Joann:)

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Hi JoAnn!

Hi JoAnn, very interesting gables, roofs, repetition of form.

i DON'T ALWAYS REMEMBER WHAT i DID, OFTEN i DON'T. bUT THIS IS SOMETHING i (oops, caps lock on, sorry) I have now done many times so I am sort of learning how now. I keep discovering new things. The latest thing I learned is how to use the finger painting brush on the smudge tool to add a little color and move it around. It has a more brush-like feel than the brush.

I like BOTH of those but I still like the bw green one better a little as it is very striking.

I'm glad you liked my picture! YAY!

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

Beautiful photos of Dutch architecture, JoAnn. When I visited Holland, I was surprised to see so many skylights (roof windows), but then it does make all the sense to have them for they are a great way to increase the natural light indoors.

Thank you for the link you left on my blog!

A big hug.

GMG said...

HI JoAnn,
quite interesting posts about Naarden. The water around the village makes it some little Venice; the other pictures show how nice houses can be in the Netherlands. Great job!

rauf said...

i love the roof window concept JoAnn, lovely houses beautiful pictures.

We have no problem with the light in South India. Houses have courtyard. This is to allow as much air circulation as possible. It gets too hot in the summer. High ceiling in traditional houses.
But traditional houses take up much space. They are demolished and rebuilt. Now we have to depend on air conditioners.
i have been away JoAnn, going again in a couple of days. Hope you are doing fine.

judi/Gmj said...

I am falling in love with this village!! You represent it so well in your photos.

quintarantino said...

What about some Gouda cheese? Or Heineken? Or tulips? Or windmills? Or even, who knows, dutch gastronomy... by the way, if you know Mister Sea Bass, I've got a recipe with that little lad...gc

Steve Buser said...

Interesting little street and I love to learn about architecture of houses in different places.

Every once in a while teach us a little Dutch -- it would be interesting.

--steve buser
New Orleans Daily Photo

inspired said...

;o]

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

* Northbay, You're very welcome,
* Rowdy :) Thanks I like doing it for all blogreaders,
*CJ:) Do You? I did not expected that I thought you had a flat roof.
*Moi, So you have ssen Groningen, nice place to be Moi!
* Thanks Mary, :) I tried also many ways with the brush but this way I do not know...
* Fenix You're welcom I thought it was helpfull for you... I loe our village very much also!
*GmG Glad you like it and I wonder why you have not visited (trotter?) Holland yet:)
*Rauf:) Thnaks for telling me that you were away, I visit your blog anyhow..:)
*GMJ :) Its wonderfull indeed, I still love it myself its a wonderfull village.
*QUINT Ok I got it something else you mean? I will go to that soon , thanks for asking...
* Steve, Its so interesting I agree I love o see archtecture form other countries too Thanks:)
* Inspired :) Thanks

Thank you everyone for your interest:)

JoAnn

bluemountainmama said...

lovely architecture.....

i love old buildings.....they have so much history and 'life' compared to new ones.

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

Nice to see your housing. People in the UK often convert their "attics" [roof space] into rooms [a process known as "loft-conversion].
"skylights" are usually just openings in a still conventionally-pitched roof, whereas when you have bigger windows built out they are called "dormer" windows.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Blu-M-mama, You're right< Architecture is for sure very interesting I love it too:)

Gerald, You always explain everything so very well , thanks for informing me about the UK roofs,lofts, called dormer windows....:)

JoAnn