Naarden, Some History again "in a nutsshell"
To answer some Question's (answer for Peter): YES the French militairy were in Naarden-Vesting ( click on link there's also information in English) the French's defended Naarden-Vesting and left it round 1673 after the "capitulation' of Willem III(1650-1702) .Soon more about Naarden....( answer for Alice) the Naarden-Vesting is surrounded by water (not a river) , used to defend the village by war.
_______*
Dutch: De Fransen verdedigden Naarden Vesting een lange tijd, zij verlieten Naarden omstreeks 1673, na de capitulatie van Willem III . Het water rond Naarden-vesting diende by oorlog als verdediging
Under map of Naarden (by air, by VVV)
The village is surrounded by water....
Onder foto van Naarden vanuit de lucht,
Under a roadmap of Naarden,
Onder een straten plattegrond van Naarden,
Under Two DETAILLED photo's 1 of the (3) bridge's around Naarden,
Onder twee foto's van een draaiend onderdeel uitvergroot/detaill van (1vnde 3) de bruggen rondom Naarden -Vesting
+BRUG+NAARDEN+copy.jpg)
Doubleclick to enlarge the photo's,
Klik op de foto's om ze te vergroten
Which photo is the best, or do you like the most?
1) Black and white/sepia
2) The coloured/natural one?
VOTE please?:)
_______________________________
Thank you all for voting:)
WELL THE VOTE stand NOW/today september 19th is: upgrade sept 20th with 2 more votes :For 1 B&W: (Peter, Rowdy,Inspired, Sparkle,Mary , CJ: = 7 people ,For 2 Colour: (Abl, Dick, Viola, Moi, Steve, R&R, wendy,):= 7 people!!! So the totall score on sept 20TH is: 7-7 now I have to choose I quess, ..... I probably wait a bit more untill the score is 1 point of a difference.... UPGRADE 20th of september, today its again an even score...
:) JoAnn But thanks for voting everybody!!!
uuum what photo should I show on my exibition?
ThatNOW my question right ...both?

22 comments:
Thank you so much for this honour! Making a post for me (not only of course)!... with maps and aerial photo and everything!
This place is really amazing, and so close to A1 = easy to visit! So well restored after having been destructed a number of times!
It's amazing how different your two detailed photos, actually the same, are supposed to represent the same thing! I guess I would give my favour for this detailed photo to the b&w!
I tried to answer your kind questions on my blog!
Wow... that's amazing... seen from the air... some gardener working there...
Great detailing.
I like the B&W.
I like your post today, JoAnn. It is very nice. I like the color photo best. We were in black and white for so many years that color to me is natural.
I also liked the aerial views. Those are special and remind me of photos taken by friends of mine in Japan in the early 1950s.
I just began a new site about Japan in the early 1950s when we were there. You can get to it from my Brookville daily photo blog. Times have changed a lot there too over the 50-plus years since we were there.
I vote for the natural one, because of the blue sky.
I usually like colour photos but I think the b/w sepia one works better here. But both photos are great!!
most interesting thank you.
my Vote, 1)
Thanks for voting,
I wait with counting the points, because maybe others (countries with another time) want to give their opinion also.....:)
I'll like to know whats most wanted because I am having an exibition soon, this way , YOU help me to make my choice , So thanks for voting:)
I Give the TOTALL result later OK?
Thanks for voting and its STILL POSSIBLE to vote!!
Thanks :)
I prefer the color one.
Ik ga dit maal voor de bewerkte versie, omdat hier meer industrieel matriaal te zien is en dat deze kleuren naar mijn inzicht daar heel goed bij passen.
thanx for sharing your town with us .......and i like the naural one, Joann (as always :D)
Greetings, JoAnn! It was VERY hard to vote on this one, my friend. The black and white/sepia one is very dramatic; it communicates an interesting mood--to me, there's a sense of menace on the horizon. I think it's because in this picture, the puffy white clouds look like a storm brewing in the distance (or smoke) and the machinery itself takes on a different character. The coloured/natural one is very striking. I like the openness and brilliance of the blue sky contrasted with the machinery. If I must vote for one, I vote for #1--just because of the strong reaction I had to it. I guess you can't present both side by side, eh? I salute your creative energy! All the best, Sparkle
I am going to go with the full color one, too. Can't really explain why. The subject is simple enough that the duotone, one would think, would be very "arty."
--steve buser
New Orleans Daily Photo
WoW...some very wonderfully captured shots & it was lovely reading your description of this place...very nice!
I like them both very much but if I have to choose one, I think the green (sepia) one is more striking.
The aerials are interesting too.
I like in the USA in Detroit right now. I recently moved here from Upstate NY.
Tough one ... I like the sepia version, but to be picky the conversion seems to have darkened the sky too much for me. So again I'll vote for color, even though it's a close call.
We haven't visited Naarden but we visited Zwolle, another "star" city, but we were disappointed that the city didn't make more of the fortified walls. I like the green space in the "spokes" in the aerial shot of Naarden.
Thank you for voting:)
WELL THE VOTE stand NOW/today september 19th is:
For 1 B&W:
(Peter, Rowdy,Inspired, Sparkle,Mary : = 6 people
for 2 Colour:
Abl, Dick, Viola, Moi, Steve, R&R,:
= also 6 people!!!
So its 6-6 now com-on !!!
With football we are should do the pennalties now, until the score is different! :) At least 1 point!?
So its not over yet.....
I wait untill the score is 1 point of a difference....
Who's goona make that 1 point difference?
Fascinating aerial view!!
I like the B&W pic best!!
Hi JoAnn, I enjoyed your photos of Naarden, especially the arial shot, that really shows the charm and "shape" of the town and water. It's very neat. My vote is for the natural color shot, that leaves me without the task of trying to decide what the actual colors would of been.
Wow! That ariel photo is amazing. I love Holland. Lived for a year in Den Haag back in 1989. Great to see your photos.
Thanks CJ and
Thanks Wendy ,
for voting and your interest!
Hi Mike, Yes? where did you live in DH? The hague is pretty right?
JoAnn:)
Post a Comment