Sign:WATCH OUT!
In my street the traffic (cars) are starting to drive at 5.00 AM, when people are going daily to their work. Lots of -almost all - youngh children are going by BIKE to their schools, with or without their parents to guide them, teenagers all bike by theirselfs/alone. The older children bike to the trainstation and park their bikes in front of the trainstation (thats always a mass!) an run to catch the train , they go to a bigger city such as Hilversum or Amsterdam.
Theme Signs: BIKES
Ahum.... I am no part of the monthly theme ( Hyde's blog explained that clear to me) because my blog is not 'about 1 city (PAD-or-Dailycityblog)' , well I thought : "than I take part on my own way", because I like this theme, it explains a lot about our Dutch culture, where-in THE BIKE is very important in daily life. All family members from parents to their children have their own BIG/tall or smaller size of bike.
HOLLAND: a Small country
And.....why I cannot take part of this "dailyphoto-of your city" , is because I live in such a small village NAARDEN, that it would NOT be possible to fill a blog Yearly-weekly-even NOT daily with enough exiting photo's or stories, it would maybe be possible to 'take part' when I could post photo's about a bigger area such as " 'T GOOI" , for people outside of Europe I explain why: Holland is a very very small country, with little villages (where I live Naarden, is a very small village!), so when I talk about 'an area such as 'T Gooi" , that one can compare with a Big city as New-York/ Boston , etcetera', Got it? :)

PAS OP! Kijk uit voor de kinderen,
Boven: De scholen zijn weer begonnen, vanwege het thema "Borden" heb ik deze gekozen, omdat dit bord zo typish Nederlands is, Iedere NL 'er weet dat: van groot tot klein (meestal)hebben we een fiets. Waarom fietsen zo belangrijk is in onze cultuur....
Je kunt deelnemen aan de "dagelijkse foto's van je stad" Doch in vergelijking met grote steden als NewYork/Boston etcetera , leg ik uit waarom ik niet deelneem aan een "dagelijkse fotoblog over mijn stadje" omdat NAARDEN zo klein is , te klein om ja-a-a-a-a-ren mee te vullen van fotografie. "Het Gooi" als omgeving, dat zou haalbaarder zijn...., maar leg dat maar eens uit . Daarom kies ik voor een bredere blog , met meer onderwerpen, en deze keer neem ik deel aan het onderwerp "borden" op mijn eigen wijze.
Een prettige ZONDAG gewenst!
Have agreat SUNDAY!!!

15 comments:
I have heard about bikes in Holland. it is very good for health and keeps the pollution down.
About your award i asked. How did you make it?
If you want to join the CDPB community, go ahead and do it. Your blog description could be "Through My Digital Eyes - A daily photo blog based in Naarden, Holland" or something like that. No big deal. :)
Hi JoAnn, that's what I love about Holland-everyone riding about on their bikes!! Last time we were in Holland, we went to Goes, Middleburg, Utrecht, Bergen op Zoom, Tilburg, Shertogenbosch and loads of other great places! I know I've spelt some of those places wrong!!
Yes Fenix is quite right you could join as Naarden -- there are quite a few CDPB blogs based on smaller towns or even villages. Such blogs usually restrict the posts to mainly in their vicinity, for example in your case maybe "T'Gooi" if that's the name of your immediate region.
It is up to you whether you want to join the CDPB officially or just carry on independently.
Some people create two blogs - one based on their locality which fits in with the basic CDPB format and another where they are free to post photos of the world or whatever else.
BTW - several bloggers have expressed the sentiment "I don't think my place is big enough to provide a photo every day" - and then amazingly they find they see much more, new angles, new seasons.
I do hope no-one finds my remarks impertinent - just suggesting possible ways you might go with this.
just saw your reply to my comment on another post -- yes you are probably right to keep this blog quite independent of the CDPB -- you can still form links with friendly DPs irrespective.
I did some googling and couldn't find much about the name Gooi. Discovered that Naarden is an old town and was once the capital of Holland and it is in the province of North Holland -- I guess "North Holland" would be probably too large an area for a CDPB and Naarden might be the better name to choose as the DP's base - compared possible with the Swiss blog "Based in Villigen" which is centered in the small town but often ventures off into the surrounding countryside and nearby towns.
Ja het bekende bord, maar ze hebben bij ons nou van die spandoeken beven de weg, valt ook goed op.
Ik wil ook geen CDPB wegens dezelfde reden want hier is ook niet voor jaren wat te vinden en s'winters word het nog moeilijker. Ook wil ik me niet verplicht voelen om iedere dag een foto te plaatsen want dan vind ik het niet leuk meer, dus ik hou het zoals het is en ben blij met iedere bezoeker.
I love your blog and thank you for all your kind comments on mine. I was glad you visited my garden blog too. I remember all those years ago when I lived in Holland that there were lots of bicycles; it helps that the country is quite flat; not too many hills! I hope you are feeling better; I saw your comment on CG's post that you had been unwell.
Rx
Hi JoAnn! Thank you for your kind words, yes I need to write my friend and let him know a little thing he did that changed our lives. Have a nice week!
It's good to blog and participate any way you can and want to. I did a daily city photo for about 3 months, and it was fun, but there was pressure too. Now I just post a photo a day of what I want. Enjoy.
HI Jo_Ann....my city is very small as well....but I joined anyway....and so far I am finding alot of stuff to post.....NOt a big deal either way.....you have a wonderful eye and I enjoy your photos....as you can see!! Hyde always has good info and has good points and doing around you would be great as well. I will still visit no matter how you do it! Glad IOS is a bit better...my Tessie at almost 12 is very very slow with her hips.....I am not sure how long she will go.....and you can visit and comment at either of my blogs. I love it!!!
Hi Amrita,
Yeh not only the pollution down also everyones weight :)
Hi Fenix , Thanks I am considerring but not sure yet what i'll do, maybe I keep it this way, I'll like more freedom.
Hi Hyde, 2 times thanks!!!!
Dick hi, Ja ik weet het niet voorlopig hou ik het bij zolas ik het nu doe, breed. :)
Hi Ruth(writing hand),
Yes I must admit that i like biking ONLY in flat area's and not on hills or mountains, high dunes and ohhh I forgot, not in windy and rainy weather... Haha I am a 'goodweather' biker :)
Health: Ummm I have bowelpains I write you an email... OK?
Hi Cris,
You're so very welcome, "take care" HUHG, I'll visit your blog to see how you're doing :)
Hi Ruth M,
Yes I know what you mean, I'll answer on your blog, but NOW I stick by my subjects, which are a lot but overall Holland and my travellings.
Hi Neva,
Thank you so much for your always kind and sweet compliments, I do my best and I must say that this blog is helping me a lot (through all the comments) to make it better everytime, I learn a lot, Thanks for telling me that I am welcome on both of your blogs. :)
Thanks everybody for your sweet comments :) JoAnn
Hope you are ok, jo-ann, feeling better? I love the idea of everyone riding their bikes!
Hi Cg
I could be better,Thanks (bowels & Flu) but you know... there are worser things in life, I thankyou again for your sweet:) worries, :) I enjoy :) beig busy with this blog and photograpy, that helps me forget the Bowel-infectpains...I am OK I feel/am happy.
Bye :) greetings from JoAnn
I wish using bicycles was more acceptable in America. Most Americans think of bicycles as toys and many drivers treat those on bicycles with contempt. Florida has wonderful weather for riding almost the whole year, but the drivers will honk and almost run you off the road. Some yell too. There are some places where bicycling is honored and accepted, but Florida isn't one of those places.
Hi John ,
( about how cars behave in tthe uSA with bikers,,,,) But thats terrible! Her bikes have rights you know? When I would ever jumt onyto a bike (by car) The ticket is so high ( we have to pay a hugh bill!!) Cars are always wron , in any way, because ridingon a bike is more dangerous, so WE (cars) always have to be very very carefull!!!! with bikers, always!!!!!
Thats how it should be everywhere... :) JoAnn
Post a Comment