We went for a holiday to the
South of Italy to Sicilia, most photo's are made in the village Taormina, when not I name it by the photo. Please doubleclick on each photo to enlarge them.
We zijn naar Zuid Italie, in Scilie geweest, de meeste foto's zijn gemaakt in Taormina, zoniet dan noem ik waar. Dubbelklik op de foto's om ze te vergroten...
*
Sicilian People/Mensen in Sicilie
Above: Begging woman, bedelende vrouw,
Above:Man and wife managing together this beach- reastaurant in Mazzurro, When I took this photo he said "mille Grazie" (a thousand thank-you's) Man en vrouw runnen samen een restaurantje in Mazurro, toen ik deze foto maakte zei de man "Mille Grazie" duizendmaal dank.
Older women/men walking on street,
Oudere dames en heren op straat,
Sicilian woman looking for buying some fruit/veggies,
Siciliaanse vrouw kijkt naar welk fruit/groente ze zal kopen.
A man is bringing mineral-water to the local restaurants in Mazzurro, Een man brengt mineraal-water naar de plaatselijke restaurantjes.
***
Local Sicilian food-drinks, Eten en drinken op Sicilie
Local sweet likeur or wines made from almonds,
Het lokale drankje is de amandelwijn en likeuren
Above; All kinds of herbs, oils, pasta's ,
Vegetables and fruit sold at Local street shops,
Groenten en fruit verkoop stalletje op straat

The same fruit? No! this 'fruit' is made from marsepain (seen everywhere in Sicilia) or sweet cakes, the Arabian influence on Sicilia make them love all kinds of sweets very very much! Weer fruit? Nee! Dit 'fruit' is van marsepein, overal te zien, ook veel cakesoorten. De Arabische invloeden maken dat de Sicilianen gek zijn op allerlei zoetigheden.

Don' t forget the different kinds of Pasta!!!
Vergeet de vele soorten Pasta niet!!!
Hmmmm very good cheeses, salami's an olives...
Hmmmmm heerlijke kaasjes, salami's en olijven
***
Sicilian Ceramic, Siciliaans keramiek
Sicilian love all kinds of handpainted ceramics,
Sicilianen zijn gek op handgeschilderde keramiek
Ceramic in all kind of funny shapes...
Keramiek in vele vormen en gedaantes.
***
***
And Sicilian people are very creative,
Zoals je hieboven kunt zien....
***
So for now this is a small impression , soon I wil post more about our Italian/Sicilian trip, such as the OLD HISTORIC buildings, a View over the mountains, a beach, fashion in Taormina, and much more, so keep watching!!!!
***
Hierboven is een kleine selectie van ons reisje naar Italie/Sicilia, maar er komt meer zoals OUDE HISTORISCHE gebouwen , panorama's over de bergen, mode, starnden en nog veel meer!!! Dus blijf kijken!!!














17 comments:
It's clear that you visited the place with your blogger eyes! I love Italy, but have not yet made Sicily!! How much I still have to travel!
Great photos JoAnn I particularly like the lace umbrellas. :)
Look at all that color! Oh those fresh veggies, what a treat! And the foods and beverages and the art. Beautiful Italy, gorgeous Sicily... It must've been hard to say "until next time."
Hugs.
it all looks so wonderful :)
Hi Joann, nice to have you back again. I love your SIcilian photos, they remind me of some holidays there 2 years ago. Thanks for that.
By the way, I just tagged you....For more information on how to play, go to http://thehaguedailyphoto.blogspot.com
Wonderful overview of the sights of Sicily. I feel like I have been there with you. Looking forward to seeing more.
HI JoAnn! Missed you but glad you had a nice vacation. I'm enjoying the pictures. Everything looks so colorful there. I will not ever see these things except through your eyes so thank you!
About Cumberland Island. It's off the east coast of Georgia. This is the island where John Kennedy Jr. and Carolyn Bisset got married but we didn't get to see that part as it is private and just for rich folks I think lol!
Real eye-candy.Very observant and you have an eye for scenes. I like them all and food and art work and people.its a beautiful place.But i have heard its the place for the mafia dons, like in the movie Godfather.
Welcome Home! These photos show a great taste of Sicilian life.
Rx
Thankyou!!
*Ruth, yes we enjoyed our stay very much as you can see...
*Yes Amrita its 'said' that there is maffia but as a tourist we did not see nor hear or noticed anything about that, I think you have to live there to notice?
*Thanks for the information about 'where cumberland is" this is for me whats interesting me!
*Photowannabe, I've aleady publiced more today for you:)
*Lezard Thanks for the honor, I noticed and I will soon answer our tag on my blog, I have to think of what to write ... Thanks!
*Catrine, I am glad you lik it.:)
*Fenix hug back and Yes I have some more to show..
*Akelamalu, Yes? so I hope anyone got something in the photo's of her/his taste, there was enough to see in Sicilia, so I'll publice some more!
*Peter Thanks but when ever travel to Sicilia Taormina is THE place to go to and take there your hotel, its the pretiest place to be (except for summer than its over 40 degrees)
:) Thanks for your interest and I'll publice definitly some more:)
JoAnn
Leuke foto's, het leven ziet er niet zo slecht uit daar.
beautiful photographic essay of the routine life from your trip......keep them coming, Joann :)
What a gorgeous variety of images and scenes, just wonderful. So rich it all looks.
Waaa!!! I WANT TO GO THERE!!!!
How very beautiful you make it seem. I drooled on my key board while looking at the fruit and vegetable carts. :)
Fantastic fotos Jo-Ann...I would love to travel with you and learn about what catches your eye and why!!!
HI thanks for your visit!!!
Its still about my journeay to Italy.....
*Dick Ja het was fantastisch!!
*Okay Moi I will publice more; Glad that you like them, its just an impression:)
* Yes Ruth very true not really made for poor people, that a shame , but I showed you the luxury part:)
* Hi GmJ Its so beautifl there, I just had to shoot , or I wanted to make photo's from everything, it was so lovely there!!
* Okay Rebecca, when you are here I invite you to come with me to AMSTERDAM, that you would like also, than you show me some of Canada, 'when I am in the area. Deal??
Thanks for all you great reactions:)
JoAnn I show you more of Italy in the next post's.:)
You're making me want to head over to Sicily for some ceramics...love them!
Post a Comment