© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Italy- Taormina flowergardens,


"You never promised me a rose-garden"

We saw many many tropical and beautiful intensive coloured flowers, "without roses I always love so much , haha!"We saw them in the public gardens, but also 'everywhere/wild on the streets ' in ITALY- Taormina. NO you should not pick them , that's forbidden don' you see?

*
In Italie/Taormina zagen we in o.a. een bloementuin (zonder rozen haha), maar ook gewoon op straat deze prachtige geleurde, tropische bloemen, en het is ECHT verboden om ze te plukken !

*

*
(SVP doubleclick on photo to enlarge)
The above flowers are so pretty, don't you think? When you my blog reader, would like to see a flower bigger on my blog, tell me and please let me know?
*
DE bovenstaand bloemen zijn echt fantastisch mooi.... als jij bloglezer er een groter/vergroot zou willen zien, laat me svp weten welke dat is.
*
_____________________
*
THANK YOU Mary :)

Mary gave me this above LOVE nomination ,
designed (I guess) by herself ,
THANK YOU!!

24 comments:

quintarantino said...

I guess some refreshing flowers would be nice... after all, with your artistic touch who knows what amazing surprises we could get?

Happyone said...

Yes, the flowers are beautiful!! I think the picture is a good size for your blog because it gets bigger when you click on it. Congratulations on your award. :-)

K M F said...

yes its refreshing flowers ..
have a nice day

dot said...

Congratulations on your award! The flowers in Italy are very pretty. It would be hard not to sneak a pick!

Peter said...

I also enlargened your "collage" and got your flowers in big! Really nice! If the sign hadn't been there, would you have picked some?
Congratulations to the award!
How is your back?

Anonymous said...

I miss the flowers already... they were fully bloomed in Canada till about two weeks ago. Now it's gonna be winter soon...

Aiglee said...

Hi JoAnn, congratulations for a great blog! I just love your photos!!! I'll be coming often to see more :D

isa said...

No need to go to Naples (or Taormina), Italy to see those lovely flowers! Just come to Naples, Florida - they are growing outside my window all year round!!!

(BTW - in English, the purple hedge is called bougainvillea and the blooms are hibiscus)

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

i havent seen such wide variety of hibiscus before........and lol @
"You never promised me a rose-garden"

Anonymous said...

those hibiscus are beautiful and remind me of my times in warmer and sunnier locations! Lovely colours..

R&R said...

Like Peter, I'm wondering if you would have picked one!

I answered your question in the comments for the 30.10 post. And today we're back in Nederland.
--Rich.

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Such pretty flowers--I've never seen a "no flower picking" sign before. Too funny!

Amrita said...

Pretty flowers JoAnn. Italian gardens are well laid out.

Neva said...

I apologize for not visiting sooner!! I have had a few computer glitches and it has been a busy week! Looks like you had a great time on your trip! Beautiful pictures......How is IOS? Clancy is adjusting to Simon.....Tessie is just relieved to be left alone!

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog, to answer the questions about 'picking flowers'
NO!!!
I am maybe a very brave person I quess because I did NOT pick any flowers,not even in secret! NO WAY!

Thanks
* Quintino YES! wait for the surpise I'll have one....:)
*Yes? Happpy one you do like the collage? I thought it would (otherwise) takes weeks/months to show what I've seen in Italy... Glad you liked it..
*Thanks KMF You too, have a good day,:)
*thanks Dot, NO I did not pick a flower also not sneaky, No No, I am good-crazy girl, but NOT really-crazy hahaha! ,at least not yet, No No No! hahaha:) Do I surprise you?:)
* No No Peter, no way, Not even without the sign!!!
* Zhu, just use ome flowers as a sceensaver ( on your PC)this way you have flowers all year round!Thanks for visiting my blog!
*Aiglee, You are very welcome!!!! I like your blog too:)
* Hmmmmm Isabella, You live in THE RIGHT (sunny) flower rich-country,I should move perhaps, is it expensive overthere? ( the houses and living I mean)
* haha Moi, You are the only one who's reacting on the title,( sharp eye ehh?) No I did not....You know?:)
* hereffffftthh Rebecca!! I send you some warmth , blowing to you sunny warm weather here : ffffffftthhhhhh! there you go!!:)
*Hi Rich hehehe thanks for the name, so welcome back in Holland! Cold ehhh? I hope you bring back some warm waether!!!
* No? Sog reallly? Are you kidding me? I saw the "no pick flowers sign" many times in Sicily. How strange....
* Yes pretty they are, those flowers I agree Amrita:)
* Yes Neva, I was slowly wondering were you were, I saw your post's everywhere, ( but no comments) So you and your 3 dogs should be busy 'that's my thought!!!! Hugh from IOS!!! and thanks she is doing fine:)

JoAnn Thank you everyone:)

CG said...

Congrats on the award and the flower is lovely!

quintarantino said...

JoAnn I've sent you an invitation to join us on UNITEDPHOTOS.

RUTH said...

Those flowers are beautiful. I particularly like the Hibiscus...fabulous forms and colours. :o)Rx

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Thanks so much:)

* CJ, thansk for the compliments and the flowers are pretty themselves,I just made them look prettier on photo( I hope):)

*Quintino , YES? OK oow (blush) I am shy, also very flattered , thanks my friend, I am going to post something, ( Q: how are the rules?) I 'don't want to disappoint you:) not the others.:)

*Thanks Ruth, I thought you would like them, you are a flowerlover right? Hope you are doing OK (study)

Thanks and have a good day/evening:) JoAnn

Ruth said...

Pretty hibiscus colors. Flowers bring so much joy. I would like to see them big, but I like the collage too.

Trijnie said...

great pictures JoAnn

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Thank you;

*Ruth , Yes I like hiiscus also very much (did not know that form my self haha!)
*Trijnie Griesmail, Thanks..:)

JoAnn:)

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Lovely hibiscuses! (hibisci?) Beautiful.

And YES, I designed that award for you because you deserved it.

Icarus said...

A lot of hibiscus which are fabulous. The one here that I don't remember ever seeing in Portugal is the orange one, bottom left. There are many of the pink/whites, less of the yellows and reds. Always a pleasure to see. But I think that the orange should be introduced too.