© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Monday, October 29, 2007

Italy, Up & down the stairs

Up the stairs...
*

*
We went in Sicily up & down many many stairs
Once there, We saw beautiful panorama's!!!!
Walking/hiking upstairs went SO well :)
*
Downstairs went not really so well for me, because I felt on slippery stone-stairs walking downstairs ,on my ass haha Yes ! Thanks a lot, I was not blu/green..outside, but inside oooow !!!. Ohhh no:) Today in hospital they check by X-ray + a Orthopedic doctor what happened inside, oof I can hardly stand-up nor sit-down oooowww, hahaha:).... keep you informed:)
*
And DOWN the stairs
*
In Sicilie zijn we vele trappen op-en afgelopen....
we zagen eenmaal boven, prachtige Panorama's!!
*
naar boven ging prima, maar een keer naar beneden niet zo HEEL erg goed, wat ik viel van een paar STENEN treden keihard op mijn kont (ahum), Vandaag naar het ziekenhuis om een Rontgen foto laten maken en naar de Orthopeut, Ik hou je op de hoogte.
*________________________________________________________________*
The Last newest update:
Look at the comments(under) I wrote down what the result was.
kijk voor de uitslag van het ziekenhuis onder 'comments'

26 comments:

Peter said...

It's often more difficult and dangerous to descend than to climb! Trust that the x-rays will show nothing dramatic. In the meantime, can you at least take a laying position without pain?

Daniel J Santos said...

nice photos.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Thanks for commenting:)

*Peter, YES! Very true go up is easier than descent when its slippery in this case..., (I found that out by own experience haha! No , I can't sit/sitdown/standup without pain, nor walking stairs, but... YES !!I can laydown, straith thats THE best position:), thanks for asking & your interest in me":)


The Hospital result;
BTW The X-Rays today IN hospital were negative, which means that my 'under'back is not broken nor damaged , just got a hard kick, it turned out in a inside cap-fluent-infection, takes a good 8 weeks to recover/heal. I am satisfied with the result...It could be worse right? Right!I go practise at the gymn immidiatly ( nder fysio therapy), and work it slowly up to 'normal:)

*Daniel Thanks:)

Greeting from JoAnn:)
Have a good day!!!

quintarantino said...

Is that second one the stairway to heaven or to dive into that beautiful sea?

And now just for you...
Today it’s Chicken with Porto and raisins day on PORTUGUESEMANOFWAR.BLOGSPOT.COM.
Special little recipe for JoAnn but not only.
From the master chef Quint.

dot said...

JoAnn, so sorry you fell! I'm sure you are quite miserable. Those stairs are murder on my knees so I have to go down sideways.
Thank you for showing us these beautiful pictures when you are in such pain. Hope you are better soon!

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Heeeeee! Thanks a lot!

* hahahaha YES to heaven that stairs go!!!
Thanks my friend QUINT for the recipe, wonderfulll yummieeeee! Thnak you I am going to try the hmmmmmm chicken with PORTO CHEERS my friend:)

* Dot ,You are such a sweethaert to think of me, I feel fine (just a bit.a lot backpain:) But don't you worrie about me please:)!!
hahaha we should go together, "walking on stairs?" You go sideways and me "on my knees" hhahahaha, Do you see us doing that? No I am just kidding, I thought 'lets write some personal" and I am always so optimistic, so know you know I am just "human" like everybody else, with pain etc....

Have agreat day HUGHS!!

JoAnn :)

quintarantino said...

JoAnn, this here lad likes fish, soups, vegetables and won't say no on trying a little bit (very little) of sweet.

As for the herbs anything will do. Don't worry about that.

As for the Oporto, you can either try it with white or red.

CG said...

Great perspective in these photos! feel better soon honey!

Amrita said...

I also have to care walking down stairs the pressure on the knees is greater. Thank God nothing was broken, pray you get well soon and not hurt so much.

Anonymous said...

oh, sorry to hear about your hurting ass! hahaha! (oops, sorry) i really hope it gets well soon. ;)

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

Hey, dear Dutchess! I'm glad to hear you didn't break a bone! But what a royal pain in the butt, my dear... Eight weeks, huh? A couple of months ago it was IOS who needed some TLC (tender loving care) now it's your turn. Sending hugs and healing vibes your way. :)

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

oh dear..i hope it's nothing serious...hope u are fine soon and take good care of yourself

Happyone said...

Great photos of the stairs. I'm so sorry you fell but glad nothing was broken. I hope you're back to feeling fine again real soon.

Dick said...

Ahum....maar je was toch ook al gevallen in de Zoo? Mooie trap maar een heel geklim, goed voor de conditie moet je maar denken.

Texel in vogelvlucht. Gerard said...

Hallo JoAnn.
Heb je de bovenste foto gemaakt toen je net op je .... lag. Zeer bijzondere opnamehoek, maar daarom niet minder mooi. Gelukkig is je camera nog heel(neem ik aan). Ik ben laatst ook erg hard uitgegleden, maar hield automatisch mijn camera omhoog uit angst dat hij zou beschadigen. Waarschijnlijk had ik beter mezelf kunnen opvangen. Had minder zeer gedaan. Ik hoop dat je geen blijvend letsel over houdt. Groetjes, Gerard

photowannabe said...

Joanne,those stairs look so steep. my knees would not be too happy. Hope you are feeling better soon. 8 weeks is a long time so use it taking som fabulous pictures for us to enjoy.

Peter said...

Happy to see that there is nothing serious!

Anonymous said...

It's kinda silly but... Stairs are actually something I miss from Europe. Canada is flat. VERY flat. I rarely get to see these narrow steps to who-knows-where, but I see broad streets and roads all day long...

Silly isn't it ! :$

Anonymous said...

Oh, I get dizzy just looking at those stairs. But the good part is that all that climbing is very good for your heart and lungs and legs, so you must be very healthy right now.

Anonymous said...

stair walking - you know what that is good for!!!!

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you fell! The best of us have done it on stairs like these though, and yes, going down is definitely more challenging.

Great photos as always; I always love photos of steps, but these are especially lovely :)

Neva said...

Hope you are ok now!! hurts to hit the stairs with your Be-hind!!

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Thnak you all so much,

*Neva,hahaha call it my Be-Hind, ye its hurts but don't worrie , I am oke,
*Sognatrice Thank you:)
* Rebecca For what? hmmmm
* Annul,ayes I feel VERY healthy hahaha!
*Zhu, what can I do to give you some stairs, walk p and down the stairs in your house? No I know what you mean, no kidding!
*Peter, Neh I am though you know!
*Photowa, yeh I still feel them (just kidding!!!!):)
* Gerard nee, maar ik dacht wel"uuuurggh moet ik nog zoveel treden oplopen?" aauuww!
*Dick , ja klopt, je houdt het goed bij hahaha!
*Happyone, I am fine but thanks:)
*Moi, dodn't worrie , I won't break but I thanks you for you worries.
* THANKS Fenix for your TLC!!!
*Mogli hahaha is healthy so I laugh some more Thanks:)
*Thanks Amrita:)
* I will Cj Julie thanks ,
* Quintino, I used RED , but thanks:)

Thnaks everyone, I am feeling fine, so I am MUCH better already:)

Greetings JoAnn :)

Jo's-D-Eyes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Perpetual Procrastinator said...

I like the angle on the first shot...

JAM said...

I fell on stairs a few years ago and it started lots of troubles for me.

I hope you make a total recovery.

I love the stairs there, despite their danger.