And there was light.....
*
JoAnn+2007+Indian+happy+diwali+nov+6.jpg)
*
Today the people's of I N D I A celebrate the "Festival of lights" ,
called "D I W A L I" with lots of fireworks....
Vandaag vieren de mensen in INDIA "Het Lichtfeest",
ofwel: " D I W A L I", dat vieren ze met veel vuurwerk...
*
+JoAnn+2007+fireworks.jpg)
*
But for the people which are not from INDIA,
I posted below my LIGHT-wish FOR YOUR HAPPYNESS,
Maar voor diegene die niet uit INDIA komen,
post ik hieronder voor JOU mijn LICHT-WENS voor GELUK,
*
+2007+JoAnnwalraven+Light+for+happyness.jpg)
*
*
JoAnn+2007+Indian+happy+diwali+nov+6.jpg)
*
Today the people's of I N D I A celebrate the "Festival of lights" ,
called "D I W A L I" with lots of fireworks....
Vandaag vieren de mensen in INDIA "Het Lichtfeest",
ofwel: " D I W A L I", dat vieren ze met veel vuurwerk...
*
+JoAnn+2007+fireworks.jpg)
*
But for the people which are not from INDIA,
I posted below my LIGHT-wish FOR YOUR HAPPYNESS,
Maar voor diegene die niet uit INDIA komen,
post ik hieronder voor JOU mijn LICHT-WENS voor GELUK,
*
+2007+JoAnnwalraven+Light+for+happyness.jpg)
*
The above photo is an 'open-wood-fireplace,
I love that so much! Its very cosy and warm,
Imagine yourself in autumn-wintertime, just sitting before the
open woodfire with a cup of coffee or a hot chocolate-milk...
Fire is also very peacefull, makes me forget everything,
Dream, dream far away, there where I want to stay...
I wish you a good and happy PEACEFULL day:)
Een goede vredige dag , met veel geluk gewenst:)
I wish you a good and happy PEACEFULL day:)
Een goede vredige dag , met veel geluk gewenst:)
*
Doubleclick on photo's to enlarge
*
( For those who want to know more about this festival..
( For those who want to know more about this festival..
here is where you can go,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diwali -http://www.diwali.nl/)
*
*

26 comments:
again I like the fire dance.
very nice indeed dear.
you are very good at your chosen craft.
Cool pics ! I've always wanted to take picture of fireworks, firecrackers and the whole. Hard to capture though...
cool..
Nice of you to think of our hindi friends - and also of us others! (I have also a fireplace, but unfortunately used only at special occasions; too diffficult - and expensive - to find the wood for daily use.)
Hi JoAnn,
this is so thotful of you..thank you so much for your wishes dear...
love the pics here, and ur description of sitting in front of the fire place with a cuppa hot choc made me yearn for it.... :)
tke care
:)
Wat een mooie foto's. Ik heb een blogging friendin in India dus ik was het al tegengekomen. Erg leuk om zoveel te leren over de verschillende culturen. in NZ en engeland natuurlijk was het Guy Fawkes op 5 november. Dus wij hadden ook vuurwerk
ziet er erg gezellig en uitnodigend uit.
Erg mooie foto's
Ook een fijne dag
Hi JoAnn, I like to watch fireworks. Specially in Summer...
On the winter cold days, I´m with you... nothing like a good fireplace!
Fiery shots. And Happy Diwali to you too
I love the fire place shot. Your right, a fire place can be peaceful and it's so warm and cozy. I wish I had one. Nice to curl up beside it and read a good book, with a cup of hot chocolate.
A very big thank you to for Diwali greetings.
I just love lighting a wood fire and staring into the flames while enjoying the warmth. Did that when I lived in the Himalayas.
The pictire are brilliant.
A joy to see these colors of light and warm fire to rest beside. Thank you! :)
I really like the burning log photo. The bottom right area looks very mysterious. Great shot.
Aiyana
Happy Diwali, JoAnn. Lovely for you to post it. What a happy holiday it seems to be.
Well, I learned something today. I'd never heard of it, but now I know. Nice shots, and I always loved a warm fire on a cold day.
Hello again Joann!
I love your photos, and just wish I would be capable of catching pics of fireworks lik the ones you posted today. I'm planning to start my fireplace this WE and promise you to post a photo of a burning log next week if I ever manage!!!!!!!
Gr
Happy Divali to all who celebrate!
Where did you get those photos of the fireworks? Or is it your hair on fire ;-)
Enjoyed your recent posts and would pay a fortune to see a video of you and IOS limping together in unisom (hip-clonk-boom-hip-clonk-boom ). Glad you are both on the mend!
Thank you for the wish for happiness and the cozy fire. I wish that for you too.
THANK YOU ALL for wishing the people in INDIA a Happy Diwali,
Its like our/Dutch old/new-years eve , or the "Ramadan" for people lving in Marocco (Africa).
The Diwali festival takes 4 days to celebrate, with a lot of special prepared "Diwali food", Indian people are such a nice and friendly people , I met a couple of them by blogging, its good to celebrate Peace and happyness together:)
Thank You Everyone!!!!:)
Happy Divali from me too.
Great pics. Sorry for my lack of visits, but have enjoyed all your pics again.
Have a great weekend
:0)
Thanks to you and my sister, Ruth, for informing me of this lovely Indian tradition. An yes, JoAnn, I could sit in front of an open fire for hours, totally entranced!
een goed idee, maar ik heb geen open haard, daarom maar naar de pannekoekenboerderij daar hebben ze een grote haard en.......warme choco.
Superb photos..I enjoyed them so much!!
Hi :)
Thanks dear blogreaders from ALL OVER THE WOLRD:
Thanks, for all your great reactions for the INDIAN DIWALI festival, our blogfriends from INDIA sure will enjoy your enthousiam,
I like your always giving comments very much essspeciallythe 'country ralated rections"
THANKS with my love xx
JOANN :)
Thank u Joann.....it was mighty sweet of you......as an Indian I really appreciate the gesture.....hope you had a great time too.....lots of luv and hugs for you. :)
Hi there,
* MOI you are very welcome, in this world we are united , we are the same, also by our blog, I like/love every person whatever backgroud or religion, I love all humans and cultures:)
:) JOANN
Post a Comment