© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Monday, November 26, 2007

Paris Visit "Orsay"

PARIS
MUSEUM 'ORSAY'
*
D-Click on each photo to enlarge
*
*
ABOVE: The museum Orsay is at the left side of the SEINE , where also the SORBONNE university and the Quartier Latin is headed. (Q L = students area) The Museum building is an OLD TRAIN STATION which you probably can see on the above picture. Its a fantastic hugh building with great chigh ceilings big wide/high walls etc...
FOTO BOVEN: Het Orsay Museum ligt aan de linkeroever, daar waar ook de Sorbonne en de studentenwijk 'Het Quartier Latin' is. Het museum zelf is van oorsprong een oud Treinstation, een prachtig gebouw!
*
*
Above;Lots of old masters paintings :Toulouse Lautrec and van Gogh...
Boven: uiteraard mogen de Meesters niet ontreken: Toulouse an V Gogh..
*
*
And under/above, many many and various styles of statues....
Look at the left bottom 4 statues... there you can see the process of how they make a statue
Veel beelden gezien, kijk op de (bovenste) foto onder- beelden rij,
*
daar kun je nog het proces volgen van hoe ze een beeld maken.
*
Above: I liked this female'lady statues', very creative & artistic done,
and I photographed them from several points of view...
Kijk naar de foto boven, deze 'dames beelden' vond ik wel mooi
en ik heb ze daarom van verschillende kanten gefotografeert.
*
In Paris you never have to be bored there is always something to see where-ever you go...
In Parijs hoef je je nooit te vervelen er is zoveel te doen en te zien....
*
Click on the photo's to enlarge them & ENJOY!!!!

40 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow, this is awesome. Great post!

Amrita said...

Wow Jo Ann what rich imagery and the art work, all the masterpeices. You are lucky to have seen them personally.

Sparkle Plenty said...

HI, JoANN! These are AMAZING photos! I can't wait to get caught up on your incredible photos and check out your adventures on your trip. Paris, here I come (through your digital eyes)! :-)

Huge hugs,
Sparkle :-)

Ginnie Hart said...

I LOVE the Orsay museum, JoAnn. And your photos show exactly why! Well done.

Rob said...

Wonderfully mastered! Welcome back home from a wonderful trip. I enjoy these Paris photos too. Always something wonderfulo to see.

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

Being a museum freak myself, I can understand your enthusiasm about the museum..i would have been shutter-happy too in the museum :)

Ruth said...

In the Van gogh gallery at the Orsay, I discovered blue.

dot said...

Wow! What a museum and your pictures are fantastic! I like that wood fire you did below also.

Marja said...

wow Joann You are a fantastic artist. I adore the one with some of my favourite painters.

Marijke said...

Prachtige foto's....

Ben er een beetje jaloers op :-)
Ik vind het heel prettig te merken dat je het zo naar je zin hebt gehad in Parijs.

Dikke kus
Marijke

Kerri Farley said...

Lovely collages Joann! I especially like the clocks!!!!

Kate said...

How long were you in the museum? You must have taken hundreds of photos. The result is stunning and very creative...love the blogs! You are a talented and creative photographer!

Isadora said...

You know, as a city, Paris does not rate high on my list - but the museums!!! that is quite another story. Beautiful photos - and a happy belated birthday!!

inspired said...

very artistically put together as well ;o]

Andrea said...

About your question on my blog....the tree grew around the rock. So the rock is wedged in the tree. I thought that was so interesting. I would love to go back in a few years and see if the tree grows up any if the rock will be off the ground.

And yes, you can add me to your blog if you wish.

Patty said...

Dear Joann,
What terrific photos and great collages. Thanks for sharing. Also, I wanted you to know, I did not write the poems, I found it, and used it on my blog. Now our one daughter can write poetry, but I don't have that talent. Hope you're enjoying your cup of coffee this morning,

Patty

Kerri said...

I see you had a wonderful time in Paris and visited some interesting places. Thanks for sharing some of the sights with us! How wonderful to see all those paintings by the great masters.
I loved seeing the food slide show :)
Yes, it's always good to come home. Holland looks wonderful with the lovely windmills. I'm amazed that your Magnolia is close to flowering!
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Thanks for dropping by and your always sweet, friendly comments :)

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

WOW! JoAnn, what beautiful photos! I wish I could have been there with you! I love museums. Such nice details, great paintings and sculptures. Like mini tour! Thanks! :-D

AphotoAday said...

What a great post ! You've really put together some fine collections... I know I'm never going to make it to Paris, so thank you very much...

And thanks for your comments on my blog -- I gave you a link a week or two ago, but my blog is nowhere as popular as yours...

mrsnesbitt said...

Awwwwwwwwwww memoroes of Paris come flooding back. My favourite artist, Monet. As somebody once said, Monet can not bring you happiness! LOL!

judi/Gmj said...

Sorry I haven't commented, I've been in Paris! Ooooo, this is great stuff, I love the food show the best, and the art and the sculpture, and the food. Now I feel fat again. Kissies and hugs, Gmj

Catherine said...

Wow! A Paris museum! Great job on the photo's, I'm a huge fan of Van Gogh, and I too love the lady statues~nicely shot also!! The photos are even more equistite when enlarged, thanks for sharing..looks like you had a wonderful time in Paris~I'm so jealous...:D
Have a great week!
Cat

Emery Roth said...

We still have not made it to Paris, but we hope to. In the meantime, you're collages have given me much to look forward to. If I must pick a favorite, it is the first - so many architectural details, no people, and yet such a palpable sense of activity and excitement. Thanks for giving me the chance to open each of these and explore in detail.

Jerry in Tampa said...

JoAnn - MARVELOUS images!!! You have a super photoblog! I'm glad I found you and I'll blogroll you so I can keep up with you images!

Jerry in Tampa

quintarantino said...

Hi there JoAnn, seems to me you payed a lot of attention to all those wonderful paintings, statues and everything else on Orsay.
I'm wondering how you dealed with the Louvre?

As for United Photos of the World, I can only tell you I think it´s really a great project.

Peter said...

For obvious reasons I appreciate very much your nice pictures and postivie comments about Paris! No objection from me!

Sidney said...

Looks like you had a great time in Paris! Nice pictures!

Annie said...

Hi JoAnn, I would spend my time walking through Paris with my mouth and eyes open, in absolute awe of all the wonders there. It's good to see some of them presented here.

Akelamalu said...

Fabulous pictures JoAnn.

R&R said...

Enjoying your Parijs pics ... the Orsay is so far our favorite museum there. And what better way to celebrate a birthday than a nice dinner, some wine, and a telephoto lens!

Anonymous said...

WoW...some lovely collage of photos from this ever romantic city...excellent & fabulous!

GEWELS said...

Your photos are spectacular...I absolutely fell in love with the Musee d'Orsay when I was in Paris last.

Love all of the other Paris photos as well- and the wonderful slide shows you put them in.
I followed you over from Akelamalu's site. I'll add you to my links.
Your work is very inspiring!

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi wow what a great reactions,

Thanks so much!!!:) SMILE!
I see that you all like PARIS "seen through my camera" as much as I did!
Well YES!
Paris is great, and we stayed too short to make all trips we wanted ( also because the METRO was on strike! BOOH) I wondered if it would be interesting to show the paintings and statues from the ORSAY MUSEUM on THIS BLOG..., but in a collage its easier to show much more....and you liked it.

It was not possible to make photo's everywhere (QUINT) but form the outside of The LOUVRE I could give a small impression of the outside of that building, that will be my next post,

Watch and see my NEXT POST
and THANKS!!!!

Its fun to post for you, your reactions a a big stimulation:)

Lezard said...

Brings back many memories....I remember I was stunned the firs time I went there how small some very famous impressionnist paintings were compared to the image I had in mind by only seeing them in books.

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Such lovely photos! A friend who recently visited Paris sent me a book with gorgeous full-page photos, and yours definitely belong there.

Come on over to my place for a contest :)

NorthBayPhoto said...

Beautiful sereis of museum photos.

I really love the new header photo!

Thanks for visiting my NorthBayPhoto blog.

Janet said...

Wonderful collage! I would love to see Paris in person, and I imagine it is rather overwhelming!

Web-OJ said...

This really tempts us to go see Paris. Thank you for the lovely pics.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

dear Blogreaders,

Blogger is confused again, so I wrote a reaction on ALL the comments for ALL OF you....

I cannot get it on the blogger I'll try another time/day ,

But what I wanted to say to you all and individual is

THANK YOU!!!

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Thank you!!!

Iam glad with your comments,

I make this blog for YOU blogreaders!:)

Thanks again for the compliments:)

*Andrea :)
*Amrita:)
*Sparkle:)
*Ginnie:)
*Rob (dusty lens) :)
*Moi Next time inside?
*Ruth, Yes Yellow AND blue too:)
*Dot:)
*Marja which onces?
*Marijke dankje:)
*Kerri:)
*Kate, totall in Paris 1500 P's:)
*Isadora,B-wishes never too late:)
*Inspired,:)
*Andrea Thanks 4 answering:)
*Patty YES! enjoyed the Coff talented daughter...Wow!
*Kerri, magnolia stayed Inside:(
*Mary Maybe next time? Join me:)
*ApAD Don, Thanks:)
*Mrs Nesb, Good'Monet'line thanks:)
*Gmj You fat? NEH! more sweet:)LOL
*Cath :)
*EmRoth Ted:)
*Jerry:)
*Quint, soon the Louvre:)
*Peter Paris IS great,therefore:)
*Sidney:)
*Annie:)
*Akelamalu:)
*RR :) Telelens fantastic!:)
*Kalyan:)
*Gewels You're welcome:)Come back:)
*Sognatrice I did by now:)
*Northbay ,I like BW myself too:)
*Rambling its Paris not me:)
*WebOJ :)


Thank you:)
Tomorrow and the weekend I'll show some more of PARIS such as:
-the LOUVRE,
- 1or 2 churches,Notre-Dame
-"what I saw on the PARIS streets",
-some Seine looks,

Keep watching!
Thanks for your interest!

JoAnn :)