© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Before and after...

Before it looked like this....
Voorheen zag het er zo uit ,
After cutting it looked like this, En nu ziet het er zo uit...

*
In my Hometown Naarden they have been cutting 9 trees 'for bad reasons' in my opinion. Why are those trees cutted? The ground maybe was sick 'Naarden' said, but.....its not sure yet that the ground is sick, so therefore I do not understand why they cut those pretty trees beforehand.... for "all sureness?" ,therefore they cutted the trees? For me that NOT a good reason..I do not agree with this. What do you think about this?
*
In Naarden zaagde de Gemeent deze 9 bomen om, waarom? Omdat de grond vervuild zou zijn, maar dat wisten ze nog niet zeker, voor mij een slechte reden, zonde van deze mooie bomen.I ben het er niet mee eens dat er 'voor alle zekerheid" alvast 9 bomen worden omgezaagd, wat vindt jij hiervan?..

12 comments:

Tom said...

I don't like to see trees cut down needlessly, tree sould be protected and only cut down when in danger of fall or unhealthy. Maybe your local paper will know why.
It's not just the trees that will lose out, all the living things that made a home on or around them will suffer.
Sad post... :O(

Anonymous said...

Tja, een hemelsgroot verschil wanneer er bomen omgehakt worden. Het landschap verandert dan spectaculair. Ik vind het wel raar dat ze een zo voorbarig die bomen verwijderen, maar misschien werd de bodem gesaneerd? Gelukkig plant men tegenwoordig meer bomen dat dat er verwijderd worden in Belgie en ik veronderstel in Nederland ook. Groetjes,

Mother Theresa said...

That's too bad. Could it be that the trees had some sort of a disease that could be passed on to other healthy trees?

CG said...

I HATE it when trees are felled. I hope there was a good reason...

judi/Gmj said...

Protest JoAnn! I am a "tree hugger" and would protest cutting healthy trees, and if unhealthy then replace them with healthy trees. Grrrrr. :(

quintarantino said...

Bu, Buu, Buuuu ... that´s not right ...
Glad to see you back.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Thanks,
Tom, Koen,Theresa,Julie, Judi, Quint,


Thanks so much for your support about the cutted trees, I love trees and nature, here in Amsterdam there was a big demontration because they wnated to cut the "ANN FRANK tree" because lots of peoples demonstrate against the cuttung, the tree is still there!

Where I live is a small village , so we have not so much to say as a big sity and many habitants such as live in Amsterdam....

Thanks for your support ,
JoAnn greetings:)

Anonymous said...

I liked the "before" best... it's too bad to cut trees like that.

They cut trees in France because they say they create accidents. Seriously, that has to be the worse excuse ever!

alicesg said...

OMG, I dont see any buildings beside the trees, dont see them posing any danger. What a pity to cut those trees.

Lezard said...

I cannot believe they will cur trees if it not absolutely needed, especially with all the environment talks at the moment. I hope they will replace them soon, and that this was not the view you had from your window.....

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hey thanks,
Its is for sure a pity!
*Zhu those trees were not standing in the way, so could alos not course accidents at all, I still don't understand why...
*Alice G I agree with you!
*Lezard this was almost my view a stone awys from my frontdoor...

Thanks for reacting:)

Max-e said...

I do not like "environmental terrorists". In South Africa we have strict laws about cutting down indigenous trees and very often the perpetrators of such deeds are made to rehabilitate the land.
My approach is to test - mkake them uncomfortable