Needed...
Information about Parkinson for TED,
Voor mijn Nederlandse oom Ted, hij woont in Canada, vraag ik hier om onderstening van ervarings deskundigen, mensen die zelf Parkinson hebben, of iemand kennen die dat heeft, om ervaringen uit te wisselen, 'hoe je hiermee om moet gaan' in het dagelijkse leven. Je kunt hem emailen in NL of engels , het adres is decocktt@GMX.com , mijn oom heeft vandaag een blog over Parkinson gestart, KLIK HIER voor informatie over Parkinson, of om jouw ervaringen met anderen te delen. Hartelijk bedankt !! JoAnn
The 2 photo's are made by JoAnn in Naarden ,with morning fog 2008
****
FOR MY dear UNCLE TED,
My Dutch uncle TED now living in Canada is very dear to me , we met last September in Canada and went on very well together and we still do. We feel the same creative way about lots of things, because he is very important to me I want to ask YOU my dear blogreaders to read the following:
This is what happened to my Uncle Ted:
For some time he did not feeling well , and he noticed unusual symptoms like shaking and feeling very tired. Finally a neurologist diagnosed PARKINSON disease, in the beginning the disease was manageable, but now he is using medication 24 hours a day! In daily life he cannot act/move the same way as before.....what a disese like parkinson change a life,
The 2 Photo's are made by JoAnn in Naarden, with morning fog 2008
****
The purpose of this question on my blog ,
is to find out if there is somebody out there who has experience with PARKINSON him/herself, or you might know someone. Maybe you and my uncle can start a discussion or support group together , or even a seperate BLOG onwhich there can shared all information and encouragement about Parkinson in Daily life!!! . If there is someone in your family or among your friends who is also going through this, please contact my uncle TED at decocktt@GMX.com It would help him a great deal. CLICK here to read/see Ted's supportblog only for/about parkinson's, you can share your own daily experiences on this blog too!! Read more ...
****
Thank you!!!
From JOANN 'for Ted'



21 comments:
I do not know of anyone with that disease but I can imagine how terrifying it is for him. There must be some kind of organization for people with this disease that has some kind of contacts for him...I hope, one way or the other, he can find them.....you are a very compassionate woman.
I am very sorry to hear this JoAnn. I am sure yoiu can info on the www and support groups too. I don 't know anyone with this disease.
Pray he gets the right medication and care.
I'm so sorry to hear about your Uncle JoAnn, but I'm pretty sure he will be able to keep on "alive and kicking"!
Joann, sorry to hear of this. Mental illness is so unkind.
ABC Wednesday....sign up on Wednesday on my blog, with Mr Linky. That way we can keep track of who contributes each week. You will need to sign up on my blog wach Wednesday.
Looking forward to seeing your B!
LOL!
Hi Joann, no, I do not know anybody with this disease....How terrifying this is, nice to grow older and older, but to know that you get a high chance of getting a mental illness is not what I'm looking for...I hope he's got friends and family around to help him learn how to live with the disease.
Sorry to hear about your uncle, and I wish I could help, but I don't know too much about this disease. I hope you find someone who does know more and can give him the support he needs. Those are lovely fog pictures...we had some thick fog too a few days ago.
JoAnn
I feel very sorry about your uncle illness, it is very depressing when getting older takes this kind of mental disease. He shall need much company, family and friends behind him, so he needs to be helped very often.
go to my place and identify some photos I put there...also from the 14th.
My neighbour has Parkinson's. For a time he was VERY ill but with good medication, he is now very much better. So there is hope!
Hai JoAnn. et als de meeste anderen kan ik je niet helpen met Parkinson. Gelukkig heb ik niemand in mijn naaste familie die hier aan lijd.
Wat is het mooi in Naarden 's morgens. Alleen ben ik blij dat er op Texel geen mollen voor komen, want zo te zien hebben jullie er wat te veel.
Groetjes , Gerard
Sorry maar ik kan hem daar niet in bijstaan, het is heel naar om dat te hebben, hulp en veel liefde heeft hij nodig.
My sister was diagnosed with Parkinson's but she doesn't get on the computer and I don't see her often. I know that she takes med for it.
You might try googling Michael J. Fox and see if you can find anything about him. If you don't know, he is an actor from Canada who has Parkinson's. There should be forums and other information on line.
THANKS so far for trying to hepl with people you know with Parkinson's, well its not bad that you don't know poeple with the same disease....
With the help of my cousin (his daughter) my uncle Ted started a supportblog for/about Parkinson, this is the adress ; *http://parkinsonssupportgroup.blogspot.com/*
Thanks for the compliments :
* Rebecca thanks but my uncle deserves som hope and affection with this disease:)
*Thanks for you prayers Amrita,
*Quint thanks yes he is a fighter,
*Mrs Nesb? I will signin on Wednesday OK.
*Lezard Sure my uncle is having family: his wife and sons and daughters, but somtimes he needs people with the same experiences.
* Thanks Theresa for the compliments,
* Gaivota thanks I'll have a look
*CJ thnaks so there is hope thats good to know..
* Gerard J a hier zijn heel wat mollen in Naarden haha!
* Dick ja bedankt ik weet het ook niet, maar anaderen misschien wel, wie weet?
*Dot Thnaks for the name I will inform my uncle about this site and name..
Thanks everyone and have a good rest of the Monday!
:) JoAnn
http://www.parkinsons.org.uk/
Maybe these could help.. maybe people from differents parts of the world could get together
JoAnn sorry to hear about your uncle, if I come across anything I will definitely let you know. Thanks for sharing, Anna :)
Hi JoAnn, I'm sorry to hear about that :( I don't personal experience and don't know anyone with Parkinson, but I know is very hard and I wish you both the strenght you need at this moment.
I am sorry to hear about your uncle. Unfortunately I don't know much about it.
Sorry, cannot be of much help. Have nobody in my immediate environment touched by it. There are a lot of sites on the subject as there are millions people affected. Like with the Alzheimer, we must be aware that as we are all living older and older - compared to before - the risk to be affected by such diseases is getting greater. Fortunately the research is making progress also in this field, but of course never as quickly as one would wish. I understand though that medecines will clearly help and that in certain cases even surgery is possible.
(I tried th link, but it did not work for me.)
hug
Thanks for reacting,
*Peter,Sorry that you could not use the link (for a visit on my uncle's) however not many people know much about disease Pakinsons, anyway thanks for your nice words:) Hug.
*Old wom, Tom, Thanks for the adress,
*Anna thanks
*AaIglee thank you,
*Marja thanks,
*Cath hug to you too HUG,
Thanks everyone for trying thats at least something, any help is something:)that helps too:)
Keep commenting and maybe you want to tell others about the blog of my uncle,
JoAnn for TED
JoAnn, am sorry to hear your uncle had Parkinson Disease. I am sure your uncle will be very happy to have a nice and caring niece like you. Take Care.
Thank you,
The website of my uncle is working now, so go and visit his PARKINSONS website just to support him, anything is helpfull:)
THANKS
Post a Comment