*
Above:When You arrive you can see the lightballs on top of the dunes. Boven:Zodra je aankomt zie je de lichtballen al bovenop de duinen...
practice sport and promote peace: 24 light balls have been painted mainly by ex-top skaters and soccer players from The Hague and will be auctioned early next year. Last year, they managed to give 15.000 euro to Unicef.
*
*
Above: When you are on top of the dunes (at the boulevard) you can see the lightballs with the sea on a lower level. Boven: Boven op de boulevard zie je de zee en lichtballen
*
*
Above: Sign-The Dunes are protected its forbidden to walk on them, Boven: Het is verboden om op de beschermde duinen te lopen.
*
*
*
Above:Its getting late/darker, Boven: het wordt later /donkerder.
*
Above:The same lightballs after sunset, Dezelfde lichtballen na zonsondergang
*
We enjoyed our day at the beach even when it was a windy day and returned home safe by CAR! Blogreaders who read my blog regularly know why I love The Hague, its my Birthtown... I hope you like the photo's of the ART on the beach!We hebben een fijne dag per auto gehad, er was wel wat wind maar we zijn veilig thuisgekomen!
*
Next Post: More about HOLLAND ...KEEP WATCHING:)










26 comments:
thanks for posting all these photos of holland, my husband and i are thinking of our next trip that it might be holland.
beautiful shots of an interesting place. thanks for shared with us.
P.S. My boss said a big "NO" for the car. lol
Hi thanks for commenting:
* Dina , please come and visit Holland there are many nice places to see and visit..
* Evlahos: Well not all companies do'barrow/give' ( we have to pay for the care too, by the income-tax) their employees a car, just after 5-10 or 15 years you get this kind..when You are wanted.
Thanks for visiting:0)
Beautiful, thank you for let me travel with you in your photos...
With Images
How lovely, I like this place too. Fun lightballs. I love to go to the beach, more than the mountains. Thanks for visiting my blog, I will be back. Please stay well. Love and a big hug, Judi
Interesting post
JoAnn, a nice tour of Kijkduin. We live so close to other beaches that we never make it over there for a visit.
I'm sure that it was a nice drive in your mooie auto!
Happy New Year!!! I'm back as you may have seen after more than 3,000kms around France, which I always enjoy in the Christmas period (food of course)!! I ended up spending a week on the Arcachon bay, a heaven for an oyster eater like me!! Unfortunately as I limit my blog to the Hague, I will not be posting any of my holiday pictures.....Would need to start another blog!
Nice to start to read your blog again with this post, familiar to me. I will definitely go back to see the light balls before the end of January, and will try to follow up on the amount of money they will deliver this year. I'll have some time tonight to go through your last posts as I missed 2 weeks of your nice pictures!.
very interesting and hope you have a wonderful 2008 :]
JoAnn, I am amazed! I've never heard of light balls. Never seen such in my life. I guess I'm behind the rest of the world. Thanks for showing me!
JoAnn those light balls are great. I must say I had never seen such a thing, but I liked the photo of them by night. Must be an amazing sight.
By the way, tell HE I liked to see him around.
Nice photos! The light balls are beautiful in the dark!
Alex
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex
I've never seen anything like those lightballs, how very fascinating and how very beautiful all lit up in different colours at night!! It truly must be awesome to see them in person! xox
I love the night picture of the light bulbs! Looks great. I went to Holland long long time ago, want to visit again... this country has a great energy and open-minded people.
special those ball on the shore, I am so fond of the beaches. Nice pictures
Happy New Year!
This is a nice initiative! Very colorful.
Amazing! Of course even more during the dark hours! A very good initiative (including you showing this to us)!
Hallo JoAnn.
Leuke serie foto's over je tripje naar Kijkduin. Branden al die lichtbollen 's avonds?
Lijkt me erg leuk. Alleen als ik dat bord zie van het zuiderstrand vind ik wel dat je daar erg weing mag.
Bij ons mag je ook VEEL niet, maar dat staat gelukkig niet zo duidelijk en storend aangegeven. Dan kan je altijd nog doen of dat je het niet wist.
Groetjes, Gerard
What an unusual place! Are these light balls just there for a short time or is this display always there? How largge an area do they cover? Lovely shots.
they are beautiful :-)
what a sight they must have been !
Dat ziet er leuk uit, vast heel mooi in het donker.
I've never seen light balls...or even heard of them until I saw your post! I'm sure they were beautiful!! Thanks for sharing them!
Hi! it was a little bit of waiting for the sun to get down, but than..... The lights ( after sundown) made me see the lightballs better,
THANKS
* Daniel, your welcome,
* Gm Judi ,
* Rowdy thanks
* R, than go there before the end January!
* Missed you Lezard, best wishes.
* Inspred Yes thanks I'll sure have,
* Dot For me also the 1TH time too,
* OK I'll tell Him that you would like to see 'he' :)
* Aex Yes they are...
* Pea its was awsome for sure...
* Zhu I hope so, at least I try to be open to others,
* Griesmail Trijnie Me too also is IOS,
* Sydney thanks and happyNY to you too,
* Peter I try to find things to show on the blog..
* Gerard, hmmm er mag inderdaad niet veel.
* Ted I found out that they are there for 2 months, size 1 meter or more,the area? Don't know that.
* Cath they were gret to see
* Dick het was zeker indrukwekkend!
* Kerri your welcome I hope you 're doing fine,
Thannks for reacting everyone!
Thanks,
They look like alien space balls
I have never seen light balls or even heard of them before. What fun they are, and they look so pretty at night!
Thanks for commenting,
*Hi AMrita, Oh no! they a mend sweet not to be like aliens at all, I hope I did not scare you!
* Melissa, I never saw them before so I was lucky to see them ans that I could show Them to the world on my blog.
Thanks for you interest from JoAnn
Post a Comment