MONSTER is a place near THE HAGUE,
On the side of the roads are this GLASSHOUSES, they are used to make tomatoos or cranberries in all kinds of weather/seasons. We passed this glasshouses on our way to the beach in The Hague/Kijkduin, for me this place is bringing back good memories , because I spend much time biking here with my dad, or I was riding horses here with my friends , when I was a child.
In MONSTER vlakbij DENHAAG staan deze kassen aan de kant van de weg, waar tomaten en aardbeien worden gekweekt, voor mij heeft deze omgeving mooie herinneringen omdat ik hier als kind vaak fietste met mijn vader, of paard ging rijden met mijn vriendinnetjes..
The beauty of this glasshouses is so wonderfull, when the evening is falling and the lights are turning on inside the Glasshouses....
A bird is resting on top of a glasshouse,een vogel rust bovenop een kas

Good night THE HAGUE,
Goedenacht DEN HAAG!
Have a GOOD sunday....
Een goede Zondag gewenst!




16 comments:
They look very big. How interesting! I wonder if the tomatoes are good. I'm craving good tomatoes. lol
Gee... quite a big ammount of glasshouses. And all for tomato only?
See you are having a good time. Glad to know that.
Wow, lots of them! Tomatoes must be popular in Holland!
There actually is a city named "Monster"? That's funny too!
hi joAnn
I do konw that place you refer and show us very well
That's nice HHolland is a Big/Small country...
Den Haag, Madouradaam, is great, gorgeous!I've there about 35 years ago and went there last July!I´'s really amazing, and all teh way is beautiful, also Schrevningen (?) is explendid!!!
I love your country, everything, but the weather...
(We also have glasshouses for several products, but not so big)
Hugs
Hello lieve nicht
Ik wist niet dat die kassen daar waren. Is that something that was not there before I left for Canada?
Truus
I enjoy readng your comments with the photo's.
Another great choice of song on your blog too!!
When you visit my blog, I hope you enjoy the pics and clips of the theatre.
Take care
:0)
Hallo JoAnn
Soveel gesukkel om 'n comment te laat maar ek is hier!
Thank you for letting me know about your new photos. I really enjoyed looking at them and learning more about your country.
I have a new post on my blog and have linked to your blog in it. Hope you do not mind... I would also like to link to your blog permanently?
I also put links to my photo albums in the sidebar if you like to have a look.
Wow, I did a lot of work on my blog today with all the uploading and linking stuff after so many months of not blogging.
Stay well
Lc from South Africa
Interesting name "Monster"!
Alex
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex
Ik weet hoe mooi het is als je er boven vliegt vlakbij schiphol in de avond
So this is one of these places where they produce these red water wrappings, called tomatoes! (Sorry, Joann, this is certainly not against you and the Netherlands in general - I love your country -, but today tomatoes are unfortunately often better looking than tasting!)
i have seen them in Bangalore JoAnn, controlled atmosphere inside, regardless of the hostile climate outside, hot or cold. Ideal in arid conditions like gulf countries. How expensive is the produce ? is it cheap and affordable. the cost must be high as in organic produce. Here in India organic vegetables and fruits are very expensive.
And we are not even sure if it is organic. We just have to believe them. There is some certification process which is very comlicated. Rich farmers can pay money and get a certification that it is organic. But it is not written on every fruit or vegetable. We just have to trust them. some are genuine others are not. I have tasted the difference in Mangos, organic mangos are definitely 100 times tastier than artificially ripened and pesticide sprayed mangos. Organic ones are smaller though.
Today, 14th January is PONGAL in the State of Tamil Nadu, south India, Pongal is a harvest festival, nothing to do with religion. Everybody celebrates, i have written about it same time last year, i think in 'Thank you Farmers' post. The celebration is just thanking the nature for being kind, houses are decorated, farmers decorate their cows and bulls and worship simple farming equipment. most of the farmers cannot afford tractors and modern farming equipment. Harvesting is done by farm hands. big time farmers bring in modern farming equipment and render these poor farm hands jobless. This year there was a good harvest and people are celebrating.
It is a 3 day festival.
hope you enjoyed your weekend JoAnn
You are playing a beautiful song, would you please tell me the title and the name of the singer ?
love and hugs from India
What huge glasshouses. Very interesting
WEll Jo-Ann...you sure know how to tear at my heart strings. When I lived in Den Haag I used to walk from Scheveningan all the way to the Hoek van Holland and of course I used to go through (past) Monster and have seen these pklaces many, many times. Then I usd to sit and watch the ships coming into Rotterdam before catching the bus back home. That was a long walk but a wonderful way to spend the day.
Interesting photos.
We grow our tomatos, but the don 't survive in the intense heat and rainy season.
Thanks for commenting,
* DOT , the glasshouses are very big indeed all tomatoos and other veggies or fruit are growing inthere....
*ZHU thanks Yes tomatoos are populair but NOT as good as the natural mad tomatoos from ITALY, they grow in the open air and taste much better.
*GAIVOTA< Thanks yes good memories return by photo's you have been in Maduradam and Scheveningen too? Wow than look at more post's I postedd in the past, buit I will post more HOLLAND photo's for you.
* Truus , I will inform for you when this Glasshousen ?kassen came ther for the fuist time, they might have come after your leaving from Holland to Canada,
* CAROL< you are doing very well with photography and i like your blog,
* JAYNE thanks and I love reading looking, at your family stories , I will return, I enjoy it. The song is, from Robbie Williams named 'FEEL'
* QUINT, Thanks no NOT only tomatoos but also cranberries and other veggies such as peppers and more, because it can be rainy the harvest is safed by the dry temperature in glasshousses.
* ELSIE, I looked at your blog and I will (soon) look at the links in your side bar, its fine with me that you added a link from my blog on yours...
*ALEX that sure is an intersting name haha but NOT scary!
8TRIJNIE Yes I know the feeling and I have seen it from the sky too.
*PETER< Don't feel sorry ,I agree with you. We Dusth people have the same about this Dutch (sometimes) watery taste of (the big one's are like that)tomatoos , however the tomatoos from Glass houses are tasting better than the one's which grow in the open air...
* RAUF, for visiting my blog, The music is written bij ROBBIE WILLIAMS, and the name of the song is "FEEL" ( about love) , you can find this song at MY blog-videobar at the bottom-sidebar: "You are listening to this song" and when you click on the videobar, you see the singer and you can also listen to the song. Its my favorite singer.
*CJ, Thanks I'm glad that you enjoy it.
* REBECCA< we can share that memories than, I like to think of that beautiful days/skies and memories too.
*AMRITA< for that reason the Dutch tomatoos grow better under the protection of glasshouses..
Thanks for your interest!
have a good week JoAnn:)
I love the lines in these and would have love to shoot them up close!
Post a Comment