© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Tuesday, February 12, 2008

WINTER AND SPRING FLOWERS?

Wow! IT'S STILL FEBRUARY, and do you see....
Wauw! Het is pas Februari...en moet je eens kijken...
THERE ARE already WINTER and SPRINGFLOWERS...!
Maar er zijn NU al Winter- EN voorjaarsbloemen...!
Above and under: this snowdrops are normal for this time of the year...
Boven en onder: Deze sneeuwklokjes zijn normaal voor dit jaargetijde..
Under: But the CROCUS-flower is normally blossomming in March/April..
Onder: maar deze crocussen bloeien doorgaans pas in Maart/April...

Under: This crocus was too tired and at the end of the day it died..
Onder: Deze Crocus was nog moe en dood aan het einde van de dag

What kind of flowers do YOU see in your surrounding, at these time of the year??Welke bloemen zie je in jouw omgeving in deze tijd van het jaar?
*****
Photography:
Note for the persons interested in the technical side of above photo's,
I used a MACRO 100mm PRO lens, Type AT-X- F 2.8 DD
With Camera: SLR ProDCR Kodak/Nikon-mount pro 14 megapixels,
Photo's are made with Spot-meting(background vage/soft - by purpose)
Any technical questions are welcome. JoAnn

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful and I am green with envy!! green green green...so green that my eyeballs have changed colour.....my Dad has also been telling me of all the flowers that are blooming...he makes me green as well!!!! I am so frozen cold that my brain does not seem to work and I have not written for ages, as it is a complete block of ice!! I love the big photo on your template....that is a beautiful one...
Love to you in the sun, enjoy!

Trijnie said...

those little ones always make me happy

Tom said...

I've been out and about this last week and I'm shocked by how many plants are in flower... and birds already paired off ready for breeding.

These pictures are beautiful JoAnn, and promise more from your spring time.

Dick said...

Ja mooi hè die sneeuwklokjes, de paarse Crocussen ook. En nu maar hopen dat het een beetje goed weer blijft.

judi/Gmj said...

Viola! that is what is blooming here. I posted one yesterday, come share! Your snow drops are lovely and so delicate.
hugs, Judi

Amrita said...

Lovely precious flowers and the music is good too.So glad spring time is coming to your land.

Another great header picture you have put up JoAnn.

quintarantino said...

Hi there, JoAnn... for starters, nice header! Great one you got there.
As for the flowers, oh yes ... nature is being all mixed up with uncertain weather. But great shots here. Once again.

dot said...

This morning I saw 3 daffodils. Your flowers are very pretty and that's a great shot on your header!

AVCr8teur said...

We are having early-summer-like weather in California so your flowers are very appropriate.

Anonymous said...

I'm not even close to see that in Canada - I have a 1.50m high snow pile on my lawn! :D

But once it melts, like in May, it will be very nice too. Let's be optimistic!

Kerri said...

How lovely to have blooms JoAnn! Lucky you! Nothing at all blooming here but snow, snow, and more snow - and up to 10" expected tomorrow!
We will bundle up inside!

Peter said...

We (in the northern hemispher) seem all to be fascinated by the early flowers! Your answer to your question is on my blog!

Marja said...

Wat een prachtige paarse kleur. Wij hebben prachtige bloemen in de tuin op het moment maar vraag me niet om namen, daar ben ik hopeoos in.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Thanks,
I am hoping that this DUTCH flowers on my blog, will give a SUMMER feeling!! For the people in countrie's with SNOW and cold.

WARM greetings from JoAnn

Anonymous said...

very beautiful collection

CG said...

Spring really is coming early this year! we have snowdrops blooming too and soon it will be the dafodils!

myonlyphoto said...

JoAnn we have at least 2 feet of snow on the ground, I don't think I will be seeing those soon. Thanks for sharing, love your photography, Anna :)