© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Switserland, and there was the SNOW!


SWITSERLAND WALLIS - styles of weather, part 1


Is that possible: SUN and SNOW ?



Yes!!! Both.... Sun and snow, all together in one daytime and better bring some sunprotection cream... we forgot all about that, Not a good idea I can tell you that. So we both were burned because of the reflection of the snow the sun burns even harder!!!


IOS did her very very best , (her tongue out of her mouth) here she is 'walking' through the snow without any complaining . She could on some places hardly keep her head above the snow... But she is a brave SWISS mountain dog from birth, BRAVO!! IOS!!!
Here you can see how high some parts of the snow are laying when there is a little removed. It was good that BJO was holding IOS (our dog) because someparts were really angerous to walk , and better 'watch your step here!!!"

Left: Me walking with my telelens, I could not tell before that this was such a hard thing to do...(heavy weight) to carry the camera with me, all day long . Imagine the fir ay we 'lost the path' and we had to walk for 6 hours in a row, to return to our hotel.
*
Right: We were soaking into the snow with our shoes, ( see how deep a footstep is ?) I was glad that I was wearing leather boots... Leather? Better wear rubber rainboots because they won't leak... mine did leak but it was t late when we once were walking..there was no 'way' back to change my boots/shoes...

(click on photo to enlarge it/ klik op de foto's om te vergroten)
On the above collage you can see an overview on differ area's e aw while walking in the snow....I will never forget this : " when we woke up , everything was covered with white snow"..... so wonderfull!!!

Soon more about my 'adventures' in Switserland,

Please Keep watching....

9 comments:

Luiz Santilli Jr said...

Joann

Thank you for visiting my blog.

I think that if there is a Paradise, it is like Switserland...

Luiz

dot said...

Such beautiful snowy pictures! I cannot imagine a 6 hour walk. Bet you folks were tired when you got back.

Anonymous said...

JoAnn, walking for six hours? Wow ...
Bet you had some hot chocolat waiting for you somewhere!

Daniel J Santos said...

Wonderful visit, excellent.

judi/Gmj said...

stuning photos. YOu luck girl! Ios is so sweet.

Texas Travelers said...

Loved the photos and post.
They are great as usual.

Sun and snow make fast skiing.

Have a great week,
Troy and Martha

Anonymous said...

I'm almost sure that the the first thing you will put to your suitcase to the next trip is ...sunprotection cream. wonderful shots again

FO - 2 said...

Wonderful pictures from a beautiful place. :)
I got sunburned yesterday, when working in my garden..... ;)
I have cream. Just forgot it....

Anonymous said...

Wonderfull, heavenly Swiss pictures! Like your style. Splendid Photoblog YOU have! It's my first time i come and visit... CU later...