MRI or Magnetic resonance imaging is a KIND OF MEDICAL PHOTOGRAPHY....
Knowing me.... I always bring my camera
I also did this when I went to the hospital for an MRI! Thats why I can show you the under taken photo's.....Here I was inside the HOSPITAL... to make a MRI scan, I can show you through my camera...what I saw.... I maybe cannot tell you what I felt thats not very interesting... the photo's are telling my story MUCH better! But I promisse you the MRI is a quith interesting process...
*
What is a MRI?
I explain that in my own words:
A MRI-machine makes a body scan (Photo) and this is always/mostly done in a hospital, because this machine are VERY expensive!
How its works is ....that you go (on the bed) inside this machine ( see photo below) for at least half a hour, before you go inside the nurse is wrapping you in with some soft leashes, to prevent movement -you must lay still-. When they are making the photo.... they tell you: "here comes a photo please lay still for 5 or 10 minutes" Each seperated photo differs in lenght of time, for example 1 photo took 10 minutes, another 5 minutes etc. While they make a photo you hear a loud tick- tick- tick sound, such as if someone is knocking loud on the outside of the machine. When you lay inside on the bed you can listen to radiomusic to relax a bit better, or you can listen to your own CD-music whatever you prefer best....because it takes a while...
*
A specialist/doctor must give the order to the radiolistic specialist to make an MRI " this is a photo of a part of your body".... In my case its made from my left shoulder, so the below photo's are my/JoAnn's left shoulder, taken BEFORE THE MRI. On the dark part on this photo ( you see that IN the shoulder...) is the contrast Fluid inside the shoulder, wich a radiologist doctor gave me with a special injection inside the bones. This they need to do before they make the MRI. This fluid is used to see the bones , muscles and everything else better...(or whatever part of the body they would like to see better) It is not really painless when they bring-in the fluid.... but its needed for the MRI.
*
Above: The bed in the hospital, and JoAnn's left shoulder with contrast fluid inside the shoulder, the injection needles (oow!! not so nice)
Above :Magnetic resonance imaging Machine
*
Ok, the MRI-scan has been made in the hospital, it takes a week to know the outcome/result, so TOMORROW on MONDAY the 20th the result will be known and its the big day..:) . Perhaps the MRI finds out what is wrong with the shoulder,that would be great because since last DECEMBER 2007 I have a painfull Left shoulder ... but thats why they made this MRI for me. I wonder what the result will be .....
*
UPDATE: Today on Monday-May 19th 20.45 PM
The result is that my shoulder needs 1 or 2 surgeries soon, the first appointment is made on Tuesday JUNE 3th .They found several things which needed to be operated, the 'broken' shoulder cap that part is named "LABRUM" thats not working as it supposed to work... compare the 'Shoulder cap' with a 'Knee-cap', this knee-problem is called a 'maniscus' , a simular problem is -not working- in my shoulder .
Anyhow the result of the MRI is disappointing and I will keep you informed , because I might not be able (after the operation on June 3) to update my blog for a while...I think.
" A half year of RECOVERY is needed.... !" said mr. Doctor, hahah! Maybe you see me back next year???
I hope its not that bad...I'll let you know when the time is there..
But for now I am glad the hospital found what coursed the pain in my shoulder..this way they can help me to solve the shoulder problem, thats the GOOD news of today!!.
*
THANKS for all your interest dear blogfriends also he people who wrote my by email
Thank you...



16 comments:
Haha,wat een interessant en verrassend logje! Ze zullen JoAnn niet vlug vergeten in dat ziekenhuis. Die leuke vrouw die zonodig alles wilt forografen! Dan wordt het morgen een spannend dagje! Ik hoop dat je het geen al te slecht nieuws krijgt en dat het zo vlug mogelijk weer goed komt met je schouder. Groetjes, Koen
I hope you mean tomorrow the 19th, JoAnn, and I hope you find out! I know these MRI machines very well and find them to be amazing at what they show. I will have cartilage removed on my left knee in June because of what this machine was able to show!
Some people i know have had MRIs and its very expensive here, but the findings are good for diagnose your problem.Its pretty scary to lie on the bed.
Hope your shoulder is not too. bad.
Glad you got your internet and telephone back. I deal with these problems very often.
wonderful shot. I wish you the best
I tried it also recently (knee mensicus operation - successful). An impressive machine! Hope your shoulder is (or will be) fine!
Hi JoAnn.
Ik ben ook voor een dergelijke kwaal er door heen geweest, maar ik had echter helaas geen camera bij me. (Dat gebeurd zelden). Ik wens je veel succes met de uitslag. Alleen nog een kleine correctie. Maandag is de 19de, en niet de 20ste zoals jij schrijft, dus hoop ik dat je afspraak op de goeie dag is.
groetjes, Gerard
Hello,
Thanks for the interest, Not good news sorry, the 'news' is not as well as I was hoping for. My shoulder has to be operated soon in JUNE in about 2 weeks from now. I'll tell maybe in my next post (but not too detailled) Not everyone is interested in personal medical stuffs, which I'll understand . But here I can explain a bit more...
But in short and in general:
My shoulder is NOT ok, thanksto the MRI they were able to find the problem. No hanks from me hahaha!
JoAnn
Hoi Joann
Jakkie wat een vervelend nieuws voor je. Wel ontzettend leuk dat je je camera had meegenomen :-)
Hoe kom je op het idee, goed hoor.
Ik baal wel voor je, maar ben wel blij dat je nu eindelijk weet wat er met je aan de hand is.
En dan die operatie nog, jakkie, maar zoals ik jou berichtje lees, kijk je er redelijk nuchter tegenaan.
Toch wens ik je heel veel sterkte, want leuk is het natuurlijk nooit.
En daarna dan maar lekker op vakantie. Dat is ook wel een goed plan. Even de zinnen verzetten.
Hou je haaks en sterkte
Groetjes
marijke
Very interesting post and photos, I do hope the doctors manage to fix your painful shoulder jo-ann!
We have only just got you back and you leave again... :O( so sad now!..
Great post, very interesting as well. I will be thinking of you and we will all be awaiting your return.
JoAnn, dear friend, you know I'll keep you in my mind and heart and will be wishing that all comes out for the best!
T H A N K You !!!
*Koen,
*Ginnie,
*Amrita,
*Evlahos,
*peter,
*Gerard,
*Marijke,
*Cj/ Julie,
*Tom,
*Quintino :),
Thank you, Dear (BLOG)-friends...Its heartwarming all your sweet reactions, thats feeling so good , I am really flattered.I needed also some support, because to undergo a surgery is not my greatest hobby...
Thanks for you friendly words!
You are such a nice personsall of you also the poeple who wrote me by email I Thank you..
I am sorry to hear you are going for surgery. Please take care and have a speedy recovery. It is scary to be aging but we must be brave to undergo all odds. I been low on my blood count too and am regularly on doctor visits.
May good health be with all my friends and fellow bloggers. :)
Thank you!
I am a big girl but also a bit scared... as i said before "going under surgery is not my hobby!" I hate pain, but I will survive ehh?
Soon is the surgery day
at Tuesday June 3th...
Wel interessant maar euhhhhhh......als het niet nodig is dan maar liever niet. Ik hoop dat het meevalt met je schouder.
Best Dick,
Bedankt enne ....Nee het valt niet zo mee als tevoren gedacht, 't Kan wel een half jaartje tegenzitten, ik krijg 1 misschien 2 operaties.... even afwachten en de positieve kant ervan (blijven) zien! we zien wel, kan er toch weinig meer aan veranderen, gewoon ondergaan, is het beste...
Post a Comment