© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Saturday, July 19, 2008

SWF & Hello France! Jo-Anns-travel-diary..Join us ,3 French Chateau's.....

....Welcome on JoAnn's Dutch skywatch...
*
Friday:BYE Dutch SKY...

@ www.joannwalraven.com

Above: The Magnolia tree + flowers in our Front yard in HOLLAND, its a pity we have to leave the tree/flowers while they are blossoming and smelling sooo sweet!...

Saterday:And we arrived in France ...

We are making a trip to FRANCE,Join me on our JOURNEY by CAR.... @ www.joannwalraven.com


Going by car from where we live in HOLLAND to where we go on holiday in FRANCE ...

......that is a good 12 hour drive by car (including some stops..), So you can imagine that its a long drive but thats also the start of our vacation!! The a good thing is... "we are going to the south where the SUN is shining!!!
*
We are in the Dordogne (click to see the detailled map)

Above: Map of france,

Travel Diary- Join us 1)

Have a look:" CHATEAU DE REYNATS "
Above Lefthere we are now! The Chateau on the outside...How impressive!
Middle: the diningroom- Right: The sleepingroom.
Above Right: Inside of the Charming Chateau-Reynats,


Above: We stay in this ORANGERIE..
2o mtr's -some footsteps away- from the Chateau.Its green and spacious here no sounds of cars only birds sjeep sjeep..
*
Culinair Impression:
What do French ( and we too) people eat in this chateau???

Roasted duck foie gras ,with lemon preserve & pistachios, gingerbread & Grany Smith chutney mille-feuille.
Dublin Bay Prawn in fritters, guacamole, citrus vinaigrette with vanilla-flavoured olive oil.
Oin of veal from Dordogne with cepes mushrooms, lasagna With duck foie gras and veal sweetbreads at shavings of Salers. Thinly-sliced spice glazed duck breast, lightly whipped sweet potatoes purée, apricot tatin, celery chips. Baked John Dory with preserved lemon and fenel, lemon verbena butter.
Sherry : Cinnamon-cherry shortbread, amaretto sauce, morello sorbet.
Strawberries: Puff pastry chocolate & "Mara des bois", Cardamom pastry, gingerbread ice cream.

Hmmmmm! Vive La FRANCE..

Its SO good to be here!!!
First reportage IN FRANCE; on SATERDAY Juli 18th read my comments to follow us:
Last report:.....We are NOW in Chateau Reynats: Saterday after the fantastic breakfast (all is fresh here!: the bread/ rolls, fruit. several drinks, warm eggs,wurst . jambon. and much more!),...Thanks everyone for your comments I red them all:
All of you, can be asolutely jealours, the cuisine -food here ( at Chateau Des Reynats) is fantastic georgious ( am I spelling this word right?) We ate dinner yesterday here, and all -small- separated dinnerparts, were GREAT! they tasted all fine and fantastic, on all weights-scales I will give the Chef (in the kitchen) a big 15 (higher than 10!)
I just give you this reportage NOW because we might not have wireless internet everywhere, this chateau is from the year (around/between ) 1500/1900, but completely renovated. I am surprised to have wireless internet ON MY ROOM! -never had that before-
The only NOT good thing is that the musquito's found me, and drinking my blood, I have bumps as big as a tennisbal, thr is a tenniscourt here, so that might be handy ha! We have only no Tennis-rackets with us :)& (:
The weather is (as said) great its 30 degrees, sunny and we enjoy enjoy enjoy!! Its so fantastic here...:):):)Now we are going to swim...bye
au revoir!
BJO , JoAnn and Dog IOSje

________________________________________
And...after Chateau des Reynats:
Travel diary -Join us 2, we also stay in:




Above left; Chateau DU DOUX in the DORDOGNE,
Right: The room where we stay in.

The surrounding: At the top of a hill looking over the Dordogne valley, surrounded by a three hectare park, the Château du Doux is really welcoming us, for a gastronomic stay and a halt of quality.Wink of freshness, we'll appreciating the swimming pool. For our outdoors leisure, the VTT and the hiking trails castle starting points will offer you nice opportunities to go for an outing!The Château du Doux has also its rich humanity characteristic. Managed by the Mutual help Association of Polios and Handicapped people, the House train young girls and boys. Nice eeeh?The "Aventures Dordogne Nature" is suggesting us the differents activities such as: Canoeing, climbing, VTT, Archery ...and much more....

****

_____________________________

And after Chateau Du Doux.....

Travel diary-Join us 3, in This Chateau...


"Du CHATEAU des SALLES"

http://www.chateaudessalles.com/f_index.html

Above left: The front of the beautiful Charming Chateau, AboveRight: And there's also a PRIVATE swimmingpool too!

Above left: The back + gardenview of te Chateau, Above right: Impression of the LARGE room inside... not bad eeh?

Above left:The chef in the kitchen is expected to be an artist! Right: so is the fourniture...

Above : Its GREEN all-over, every-where here!! Around the Castel are beautifull surroundings.*Château de Salles - is at a 40 km from Bordeaux - is built in 1754. It is a Charming character CASTEL. You can find a lot of this type of CASTELS in the wine-area of the Gironde. This CASTEL has for a long time been knwon as a WINECASTEL. This OLD CASTEL has been renovated with all the als details an is located in the middle of the famous Résidence du Château de Salles. A Peace full area...On the land of Château des Salles -with a size of 48 ha land-.The Forest/land is all situated near the l'Eyre, a rivier wich is streaming at he back of the Castel and its near the Parc Naturel /Regional des Landes on the Cascogne Area .

We will have for sure, a relaxing enjoyable time here!

WE ARE TRAVELLING RIGHT NOW ...We will be back in AUGUST,

***

WISHING YOU all A HAPPY HOLIDAYs,

Thank you for your comments

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...very nice sky and happy holiday..

Visit mine also in here Thanks

Juliana said...

gorgeous SWF post

Mine in here. Thanks

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

JoAnne: You certainly had a lot of great Sky photos during your trip.

imac said...

Love the sky reflection from the cars wing mirror, all grand shots.

Welcome to our new Skywatch Blog.We hope you will like and enjoy posting your skies here.
The Team thankyou for participating and helping to make this venture a success.

EG CameraGirl said...

Hope you're enjoying a wonderful holiday, JoAnn!

Petunia said...

A very great post today. With so many nice shots:)

Petunia's SWF

Quiet Paths said...

How exciting for you! Have a marvelous time and what a great sky watch photo. A beautiful tree..

Unknown said...

What a great collection of photographs, JoAnn. Nicely post!

Kim said...

Wow, so much to see this week :) We planted a Magnolia Tree this year, and I can't wait until it blooms next year, they are so beautiful.

Barb said...

Wonderful series! The Charming Chateau is... charming! Such clear ckies, too. I hope I get to France once day, but Italy is at the top of list!

bobbie said...

This is quite a travelogue. Lovely pictures.

AnneKa said...

Greate Sky Watch post.
Have a nice weekend and holiday, from AnneKa in Norway

Lilli & Nevada said...

can i come with you, these are beautiful Have a great holiday

Michele said...

What fun! Great photos... hope you have a grand time! Wish I was there!!!
Mountain Retreat Photos
Fishing Fiesta

Anonymous said...

Ah, so you too are a chateau lover!
Between you and me, where else can we have great calm holidays?
Enjoy!

SandyCarlson said...

JoAnn,
You just saved me a fortune in travel expenses. These were spectacular, one and all. Thanks.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Wonderful post. France is my absolute favourite country, we plan to live there one day. I await with eager anticpation for your return and if I can request to see some gorgeous images you take so perfectly. Have a very happy time in my favourite place.

Texas Travelers said...

Great photos for SWF and vacation..

Have a good time.

Come visit,
Troy and Martha

Neva said...

I am SOOO Jealous! I hope you have an absolutely lovely holiday! It looks like an awesome place.

Sharon said...

You are having a great time! Thanks for sharing your trip! Can't wait to see more!

Unknown said...

Great skies, great chateaux (sp?) hope you have a great journey.

Gary
Bodge's Bulletin

PeterParis said...

Nice holidays! You chose the right country and will obviously make it the royal way! Looks fabulous!

Monique said...

Great place. Great holiday. Have fun

Kahshe Cottager said...

Your first photo is stunning! Have a wonderful holiday!
My SkyWatch Here

AphotoAday said...

Hope you are having a fine and sunny time...

Best regards, Don and Kitty

Dick said...

Fijne vakantie, doeiiiii

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hellooooo,

we arrived in Chateau des Reynats, and as I said before: we travelled a good fully 12 hours by car!! ( Its fantastic weather here, 26 degrees (and its evening here) , not even close to the weather in Holland ( rainy yak!)

Here the sun is shining, the castel is absolutely more beautiful as showed on the above picture, and we have wireless internet here, (just a few days boooh) But I can tell you: its great here!!!

Now try the French cuisine.... I'll let you know:) I Enjoy being here!


JoAn French greetings

Anonymous said...

Perfect photos! France is a very beautiful country, so enjoy your trip there! I wish you unforgettable romantic holidays in Gallia! :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, this is the first summer in ages when I have not been in the Dordogne - you are making me homesick...enjoy lots for me, as well as for yourself. Surprising I did not bump into you there...but then again, maybe I did, and did not know it!!!!!

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Last report:.....
We are still in Chateau Reynats:
Saterday after the fantastic breakfast (all is fresh here!: the bread/ rolls fruit several drinks warm eggs,wust and much more!),...Thanks everyone for your comments I red them all:

All of you, can be asolutely jealours, the cuisine -food here ( at Chateau Des Reynats) is fantastic georgious ( am I spelling this word right?) We ate dinner yesterday here, and all -small- separated dinnerparts, were GREAT! they tasted all fine and fantastic, on all weights-scales I will give the Chef (in the kitchen) a big 15 (higher than 10!)

I just give you this reportage NOW because we might not have wireless internet everywhere, this chateau is from the year (around) 1500, but copletely renovated. I am surprised to have wireless internet ON MY ROOM! -never had that before-

The only NOT good thing is that the musquito's found me, and drinking my blood, I have bumps as big as a tennisbal, thr is a tenniscourt here, so that might be hndy hahah! We have only no Tennis-rackets with us :)& (:

The weather is (as said) great its 30 degrees, sunny and we enjoy enjoy enjoy!! Its so fantastic here...:):):)Now I am going to swim...bye au revoir!

BJO , JoAnn and Dog IOSje

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a wonderful vacation and thanks for sharing with us - great and interesting read and as always: well documented with lovely pictures.

I do envy you as I love France. I will however go to south France next year to visit a blog friend - I am so much looking forward to it!

Tom said...

Excellent post.. I hope you come back healed and refreshed.. Enjoy.

Daniel J Santos said...

Fantastic, well done.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Thanks ,

Today was a hot day 32 degrees in shaduw in SUN it went up to 38 degrees, but glad there is a swimming pool here, walking is too warm. We did nothing today , hust a relaxing day, reading some books etc. Dinner outside in the open air.... can you imagine? I do! I can get used to this country very easy....

Tomorrow we'll visit the capital city of the PERIGORD BLANC...

Goodnight wishing you a happy Sunday and better weather where- ever you are!!!

Good holiday-wishes