© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Wednesday, August 20, 2008

()FRANCE, Endless roads

******
E_E_E_ENDLESS roads,
Endless (sign of) a never ending CORNER ...
IN France they still have , -or once made them and they still exsist- stone road-signs,
and this STONE SIGN is warning us for an E_E_ENDLESS corner..., we are driving on endless roads with a endless patience, be endlessy carefull.
YOU Better be ALWAYS carefull here!
***
We are travelling by car through FRANCE and show you here some photo's and stories of our impressions...
Thank you for your comments
Greetings from JoAnn

23 comments:

Kim from Hiraeth said...

That looks like a rural setting! Very woodsy.

Unknown said...

Great advice.

Nice signs - we used to have them in Britain too - long since replaced with metal and plastic sadly.

Gary

Rune Eide said...

It was a beautiful sign. I have never driven myself in France - it is enough for me to see them park.

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

We still have a few stone road signs left but you'll be hard put to find them and we too have endless curving roads and signs that say bends for 1 mile or 3 miles or even 25 miles on one road in Scotland.

Texas Travelers said...

I like your E-E-E today. I bet there was great scenery on these roads though.

Nice "E" today.
Come visit Elfins and Egrets, Click here.

Troy and Martha

CaBaCuRl said...

Beautiful setting for a road sign, along your endless road. It looks very old.

Anonymous said...

That's great that these stone signs are still around. Enjoy your endless journey! :0)

Liz Hinds said...

What a lovely old sign in a beautiful setting.

Leslie: said...

Reminds me when I was about 5 or 6 years old and learning to read. We had signs that said "Winding Road" and I was so proud to announce "Winding" only with a short i sound. I couldn't understand why everyone laughed at me! *sigh*

photowannabe said...

I love the stone signs. They are going to last an Eternity. Endless curves can drain my Emotions and make me want to say Enough...

Tom said...

'E'xcellent road sign and post Joann.. :O)

Neva said...

What a great E! I love it.

Anonymous said...

That is a very great shot. and an interesting post as well!

My E picture is now posted, too! You can check it out HERE if you have the time. Thanks!

Bear Naked said...

Lovely photo.
I never knew about these stone signs before.
Thanks for sharing.

Bear((( )))

magiceye said...

Excellent representation! :)

Check out my Engine here

Gordon said...

What a beautiful setting and a lovely old sign. I'm afraid I didn't see any like that last year.

Anonymous said...

Let's hope Bruxelles will not ask us to replace our old looking road signs by brand new ones certified by the EEC.

Michele said...

That's a neat sign with all those lush green ferns swallowing it all up... very nice indeed!

D Herrod said...

Very cool. I guess the stone ones are harder to steal or destroy.

Webradio said...

Hello ! I cannot swimming...

joey said...

Thank you for the kind words and invitation to visit your blog ... a great joy viewing your lovely work.

AphotoAday said...

Yeah, I guess sometimes those corners just don't stop...

Anonymous said...

great sign and peeeeeerfect "E"