© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Thursday, October 02, 2008

When here, you want to be there and vice versa......


WELCOME IN HOLLAND...
DOUBTS... when here, you want to be there and vice versa............
Do you know that feeling?

A thought for my friend M. who just arrived in HOLLAND.

Above: The Typical autumn-weather in holland: Grey Storm sky , Rainy, birds in trees...
*
*
DOUBTS when here, you want to be there and vice versa......
This morning I spoke to my (female) friend M. , she is -like me-also born in Holland. We know each other since we are teenagers, a long time so you can imagine we feel like (sisters) as family. We have in common that we Both like to travel and we're always dreaming of living some-where else than in Holland... Not that we don't like Holland, because we LOVE Holland..!
When the Weather in Holland should change in warmer (more sun!!) weather it wou be THE perfect country to live in. But Holland can be rainy-windy... what can we do about that? Nothing... just dreaming, because once you change and start living in another (warmer) county.... "its still Not like HOME sweet HOME" wich is (my) beloved Holland" .
We just like to be here when we are there, or when we are there we like to be here... I lived for 6 years in Italy, and also in the USA, and I always thought about my birth -country wich is Holland. I was even missing the cold Dutch weather , the 4 seasons, my friends , the Chocolade hagelsag, Pindakaas and DROP , the Old Amsterdam cheese..., The windmills...the Wooden shoes, the Tulips...and....yes ....I even missed the rain and the wind, the spring/autumn weather, this is ALL so typical for Holland!
She (my friend M.) lived for 10 years in FRANCE.. she bought 10 years ago a house there, was happy there but always thinking about Holland and her rends . Last spring she t bought (also ) a house in Holland/DRUNEN and today is her first arrival- day in Holland.
The Below Blue Wisteria flowers are for you...

Above:For You M. "The Blue Wisteria" in my backyard ,because like them so much

WELCOME HOME M. ! I hope you will feel home soon
*
Thank you for your comments
JoAnn'S D Eyes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

An interesting tree shot and beautiful flowers. I moved far away from my birth place, but upon returning there for a high school reunion I've decided no other place will ever seem like "home." I think it's a birth element that is instilled which never goes away!

CG said...

I know what you mean...I love to travel and I also love to come home!!

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Thanks,

* Don, its indeed surprising to see fiends (shollmates?) back at a school reunion , were they changed a lot? Holland is really my home, only the weather could be a bit warmer...

*CJ,yes esspecially "the coming home part" is THE BEST :0) Though I do like travelling, but home is the sweetest place to be...

Thanks from JoAnn