_____________________________________________________________
H= Hyacints & "Hearts "
How Flowers are opening everyone's hearts,
Hearts Holding on,They hope ,
Hoping for... A Happy Heart
( white hyacint)Above: A reflected white "Heart"
Blue Macro (Blue Hyacint ) Above : An Almost opening "Heart"
Above: A just Opened heart ...
Be carefull with your heart.
Above: Blu&White group of Hearts
*
__________________
__________________
Hearts ..
A Heart can be hurt, broken,
filled with pain or love,
Heall a Heart with Love .
Hearts all have the same colour,
because we are.
*
****
_______________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________
HISTORY
of the
Hyacinthus orientalis
Hyacinthus orientalis
(Common Hyacinth, Garden Hyacinth or Dutch Hyacinth),
.....is a perennial flowering plant native to southwestern Asia, in southern and central Turkey, northwestern Syria and Lebanon. It is a bulb plant, with a 3-7 cm diameter bulb. The leaves are strap-shaped, 15-35 cm long and 1-3 cm broad, with a soft, succulent texture, and produced in a basal whorl. The flowering stem grows to 20-35 cm (rarely to 45 cm) tall, bearing a spike of 2-50 fragrant purple flowers 2-3.5 cm long with a tubular, six-lobed perianth.
Cultivation Hyacinth cultivars,
Cultivation Hyacinth cultivars,
......showing the range of colours availableIt has a long history of cultivation as an ornamental plant, grown across the Mediterranean region, and later France (where it is used in perfumery), the Netherlands (a major centre of cultivation) and elsewhere.
The Garden Hyacinth flowers in the early spring.
The Garden Hyacinth flowers in the early spring.
They grow best in full sun to part shade in well-drained, but not dry, soil. It requires a winter dormancy period, and will only persist in cold-weather regions. It is grown for the clusters of fragrant, brightly-coloured flowers. Over 2,000 cultivars have been selected and named, with flower colour varying from blue, white, pale yellow, pink, red or purple; most cultivars have also been selected for denser flower spikes than the wild type, bearing 40-100 or more flowers on each spike.
H. orientalis contains alkaloids and is toxic if eaten in large quantities.
H. orientalis contains alkaloids and is toxic if eaten in large quantities.
The bulb, however, is the most poisonous part and should not be ingested under any circumstances.
The Above "history"is Retrieved from: .wikipedia
The Above "history"is Retrieved from: .wikipedia
****
Happy Creative weekwishes!
From JoAnn's -D-Eyes,
Thank you for your comments
*
As you all maybe have noticed.... Last week my internet connection was out of order, therefore I could not react on your comments, nor could I visit your blogs. I hope you all understand that. This week I am back again with SPRINGflowers









39 comments:
Hé, wat grappig! Ik heb ook het hart van een bloem voor woensdag! Jouw foto's zijn natuurlijk wel mooier! Mijn header is echt Nederlands hè? Het is vlakbij waar ik woon in de Krimpenerwaard.
I thoroughly enjoyed viewing your flowers today. It reminds me that spring will actually come one of these days. We still have snow all over the fields and it is snowing again this morning as I write this.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful images.
Nice to see you back again ... with flowers and everything!
The hyacinths have such alluring beauty. Spring must be coming to Holland for youto take these pictures. Very beautiful.
I like the close ups.
Your beautiful hyacinth photos make clear your seasons are well ahead of ours. Yesterday I saw the first snow drop. Snow drops are the first flowers to appear here. They arrive well before there are any insects to enjoy them. Today we had a few hours of snow. Thanks for stopping by my blogging and for your lovely comment.
Yep, prachtige bloem en ze ruiken zo lekkker, echt naar het voorjaar...wanneer komt ie nu eens, wat duurt dat in Nederland lang zeg. Bij ons in Fr. was het al 20 graden !
Waar ben ik aan begonnen :-)
Liefs, tot gauw
Marijke
Your flowers are lush and lovely. Your photos make me ready for spring.
I could almost smell the fragrance of the hyacinth. Very nice post.
The fragrance comes across and tells me its a wonderful post.
Amazing photography as always JoAnn, these are amazing.
Have a great week!
Guy
Regina In Pictures
Very beautiful photos of flowers! Wonderful to see them!
Gorgeous flowers and pictures.
Beautiful set of flowers you have there
Lovely flowers, we used to also plant Hyacinth in our garden. But the toxic information is new to us, luckily we have never thought of eating our plants.
Thanks for sharing. Excellent post and photos.
Mooie opnames hoor JoAnn. Je weet natuurlijk wel dat de keukenhof 29 maart weer open gaat he? Daar kun je je ook vergapen aan de meest veelzijdige soorten. Misschien kom ik je wel tegen, ik denk dat ik je zo herken :-)
Very nice pictures JoAnn, actually they are georgeous.
Truus
The hyacinths are blooming in the Netherlands already? WOW!
Flowers are always welcome to any heart.
PS Thank you for the comment, but I didn't quite understand what you meant by the Norwegian language - I tried to write it in English!
Beautiful photographs. I had no idea hyacinth bulbs are poisonous. Interesting post.
This bouquet of hyacinths had words, music, beautiful photos. Only their marvelous scent was missing, and my imagination supplied that. Thank you!
What a beautiful H! I love these pictures. Stunning. Lovely entry!
Heavenly, they are a true favourite! Lovely choice. Tyra
Wonerful Hyacints!!! I am longing soooo much for the spring and summer - to see those beauties for real again :)
And hearts... Ofcourse.... I postet my husbond, and I understand now that I also should have added som hearts ;)
Beautiful flowers, beautiful sentiments.
Happy Heartfelt post JoAnn. I love Hyacinths. I used to know a poem about Hyacinths for the soul. Now I am going to have to look it up. I just don't remember how it went.
Your flowers are beautiful...hi to IOS and hope all is well with you...The Bellagio is a casino in Las Vegas....but it is beautiful inside.
Thank you for the lovely images and especially for the history! I'm not sure if I ever would've thought of eating the bulbs, but I will be certain to never be tempted to do so!
They smell so sweet!
Love it all. Thank you for showing it.Have a fun abc:)
Beautiful photos!!
I thought of including Hyacinth for my 'H' post, but my lovely pot of blue Hyacinths is well past its best. They were lovely, though, and smelled gorgeous!
En ze ruiken ook zo lekker ;-)
Soooo beautiful. What an impressive set of wonderful photos. Interesting info too.
PS - the banner photo is also amazing - I just want to look at it all day
Beautiful photos! My very favorite is of the white ones peeking through their leaves :) Thank you, too, for the information!
I had to come back for a second look at that first photo of the reflected blossom. Really beautiful!
Thank you all dear blogvisiters,
FLOWERS
are the window
of
my heart...
greetings from JoAnn (blogauthor)
Just beautiful!
Oh yeah, I always am looking for Hyacinths -- probably because of that silly lady on the British Comedy (Keeping Up Appearances)...
Lovely flowers -- it's that time of the year... I've got some out on my blog tomorrow (Friday) -- I think you might like them... And I like yours too, so there you go...
Best regards, Don and Kitty
Hi Joann - I'm so sorry to be late coming by, but I just finished my own ABCW post for the letter H. I love your post - it is stunning and so touching to my heart. Please come by and visit as I really love your comments. I'm doing SO much better now and it won't be long before I won't have to wear the back brace anymore! Hugs to you!
Post a Comment