Join Myworld _> signin monday 9 pm
Or join ABC
<---tuesday 8 pm
_______________________________________________
InCredible Spring flower,
What?
"In - Cultivation?"
*
In SPRING
In the middle of a flowerfield,
I love to be Outdoors, enjoying the SPRING
Not by Internet , not in books, but for reall
Watch this ... in...Incredible
Smell the flowers
And Read my
"IN-Cultivation"-Article about
THE Crocus.....
__________________________
.?.?..In cultivation... what is that?
*
*
Meaning of THE CROCUS "IN - CULTIVATION"
Did you know......As one of the first flowers to bloom in spring, the large hybridized and selected "Dutch crocus" are popular with gardeners. Crocus flowers and leaves are protected from frost by a waxy cuticle; in areas where snow and frost occasionally occur in the early spring it is not uncommon to see early-flowering crocus blooming through a light late snowfall.
Most crocus species,
Most crocus species,
and hybrids should be planted in a sunny position, in gritty, well-drained soil, although a few prefer shadier sites in moist soil. Some are suitable for naturalising in grass. The corms should be planted about 3–4 cm deep; in heavy soils a quantity of sharp grit should be dug in to improve drainage.
Some crocuses,
Some crocuses,
especially C. tommasinianus and its selected forms and hybrids (such as 'Whitewell Purple' and 'Ruby Giant') seed prolifically and are ideal for naturalising. They can, however, become weeds in rock gardens, where they will often appear in the middle of choice, mat-forming alpine plants and can be difficult to remove. (source wikepidea)
*****
I hope You enjoyed reading about the Crocus "In-Cultivation"
***
"JoAnn's D Eyes",
Is wishing the blogvisiter a sunny SPRINGweek,
Enjoy the spring!!! Go Outdoors smell the flowers....
Thank you for your comments





32 comments:
I love those flowers the colors are so bright and vivid. Purple is one of my favorite colors.
It is supposed to be beautiful weather here all week. 70's and 80's for spring break. All my kids are well again and I am hoping to have a great week off with them. Have a wonderful day. :)
When I photographed water lily, I also tend to get this glow inside the flowers, almost like a little lamp. Your crocus are beautiful and I also like the first one with your shadow over the flower field.
So now of course you claim that the nicest crocus is Dutch! :-)
Hee JoAnn.
Het begint al weer echt lente te worden bij jullie. Erg fraai, die close-up van die prachtige blauw-paarse crocus. Bij ons duurt het nof even eer er weer zoveel crucussen bloeien. We lopen in het voorjaar altijd wat op achter. Groetjes, Gerard
I love to see these harbingers of spring!
Crocuses are so small and sweet. Just like spring babies. I have some in bloom now and my bulbs came from Holland!
Your post just syas spring has sprung.
A field of bright flowers...what a lovely treat!
Now that is a beautiful set of crocus
I adore your beautiful spring outfit!
I just love crocuses.Here I can only manage a few in pots as the ground is too dry and hot. In April in the Austrian Alps there were hilldide after hillside thickly covered in crocuses.
What a beauty! With this blue colour! Excellent post!
Thanks for your comments:
*Michelle, yes we have this kind of flowers also in Yellow, white and the purple too..Great to hear that your kids are feeling well again!
* Grace/Bradley, waterlily's are also pretty but more difficult to photograph because of their white shiny colour... thanks for the compliments.
* Peter :) haha of course eveything in Holland is better than in other countries so also our flowers (lol)
* Gerard, ja? is het hier warmer... dan moeten wij nog meer zuidelijker, want "hoe warmer hoe beter" bij jullie komt de zon ook nog wel!
* Sandy, Yes me too, I agree with you and myself :)
*Jack and Joann, small and sweet indeed , wow that you have bulbs from Holland! See? we are great in flowers here:)
* Babooska, and so it is:)
* Amrita, yes springs brings lovely treaths and more like warmth:)
* Lilli Nevada, Thanks it is nature:)
* Arija, My outfit? My fashion thats more hidden, ooooh here are field filled with flowers everywhere were you look you see flowers!!! So lovely. So Austria has also hillsides filled with crocusses, how wonderfull I love that:)
* Antigoni, Thanks blue is my colour when it comes to crocusses, this kinds are more purple I quess?
Thanks for your comments and I am wishing you a lovely spring time!
JoAnn (blogauthor)
Maybe today will be my day to go outside and find the spring flowers, JoAnn. It's been raining for the last 4 days but today the sun is supposed to shine. I could use a good walk!
I real enjoyed seeing the opening photo.
Quite unusual and showing that all it takes for a fine photo is to pay attention to simple things, no?
Great flowers too.
Oh, I sooo loooove that pic of your shadow on the Crocus field!
Prachtige kleuren, JoAnn! Crocussen zijn heel mooie lente boden!
Walking through a field of crocuses! I envy you.
To say it in three words: "It is SPRING!!!" :-)
So yes I see your crocus. :)
They are delicate and such a welcome sight after a long hard winter.
Ohh, gorgeous flowers. Love your I!
Stunning shots of the crocuses, Joann! All are in bloom here, but it's too cold still for the daffodils and tulips, but hopefully soon!
An impressive post. Spring definitely on the way.
loved the macro of the crocus and your shadow...
have a wonderful week.
erin
I do love this post. The indigo crocus and carpet of spring are just lovely. Nice post JoAnn.
I have always wanted to have crocuses in my yard like that. I totally love the effect on the large crocus photo. Great job.
Very stunning pictures this week. Like always.
I saw the first crocus of spring this past weekend outside my daughter and son-in-law's house. This week spring has definitely been nudging winter aside, but at out house we only have snow drops.
All four crocus shots are wonderful. You caught beautiful light in the last two, and the shadow shot is stunning. Well seen! Are you using any tone-mapping or high dynamic range software to catch all the highlights?
These are beautiful pictures. I'm fascinated by the crocus and the colors you've captured here!
Thanks for reacting:
* Ginnie, Maybe we'll meet in the flowerfield once? lets walk together.
* Quint, Yes simple thing are the bestt in life, My motto is: "if you do not see the small flowers than you are not worthly the bigger things in life"
* Allhorsestuff, me too:)
*Reader wil, helemaal mee eens,
* Rinkly, thanks I like that too.
* RuneE, Very True:)
* Ruth, thats my opinion too , this winter was very cold...
* Siw Aina, thanks :)
*Leslie, I beleive that croccusus are international, we see them here and there!
* Anthonynorth, I enjoy it too:)
* Good life virg, same to you Erin:)
* Phowa, Thanks + greetings,
* Andree, We have them also in our yard , the purple kinds they are lovely!
*Life Kaison, Thanks :)
* Ted, Great to see the flowers in your daughters and son in lawshouse...No I do not use any tone-,apping, just bridness and contrast before uploading.my camera is doing all the work (nikon D300) + my mmacro lenses... Thanks for your visit.
* Tumblewords, well tto be honest the flowers are making all the pretty colours . I just catched them with my camera. But thanks:)
Thanks for your interest + compliments, greetings froom JoAnn
(blogauthor)
Not yet Joann not yet, cannot smell the flowers yet, we still have the snow melting, lol. Your flower pictures are amazing, makes me even more energized for the spring. Anna :)
I love how the purple really shows up in the flowers that are covered by your shadow! Beautiful photos.
I love crocuses. They are always so cheerful at a time when we really need cheering! Your first photo is great fun!
Post a Comment