© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Friday, March 17, 2006

Making a banner-proces.....

I completely forgot how much time it might take making a billboard/banner. I started with making pictures for this banner in February, at the end of this month March it will be finished. It's takes also more time ( 1 month now) to do this not for myself but for somebody else. This is more work than I thought.... but good to find out how it works . I find it (of course!) also a lot of fun too (!!) , thinking of how or where to make the photograps . You should have seen us haha : I asked this person to sit and lay "on his desk, on the floors" in all funny positions. To make him look more commercial we tried to use a honkball-knuppel. That was the best shot of all he thought, so he picked that one. So after we selected the shot, I was thinking that I should make the totall picture in a " sepia -salmon-pink" colour, this would give the totall picture a more powerfull look, so he agreed on that too. After that we had to think ( e-mailed and phoned each other many times ) of where to make a space for the Logo (merk or brand) text and later on what color should the text be? .....What kind or type of " letters, rounds or hooked? How to bring all this stuffs to the proffesional printer (vak-laboratorium) , by e-mail was too heavy ( 300 mb) , so I had to burn all material on a CD-rom.
First they ( this -vaklaboratorium- printshop) are going to make their test-proofs, this was finished after 1 day in time. I got their (many bites!!) proof by email, glad that I am having now a fast working internet-adsl... Nex week I have to make the final choice : so out of a few tests on paper printed. Also this friend I am doing this all for must make his selection. It sounds like a cardplay, and later after making our choice; this all together becomes ( also again 1 week proces of waiting) a banner. When I was working on a banner last year I was finished with it in a week I thought, all together but that seems not to be true at all!!!

The good thing of all this is, that I can do /work-think at my own times, even when it is at night. Working in an office of course, on regular and fixt times, might have taken less time. But remember I am doing this most of all for my own fun and not for money at all. Thanks to my possibility doing all this, you must be creative too, but I like it very very much.

2 comments:

Trudy said...

Seems like a lot of work, a good thing you enjoy what you are doing. Baking cookies is less stressful, hahaha.
Nevertheless, I am sure it will look very artistic when all done

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Cooking can be stressfull too... hihihi!! Nice picture of yourself Truus!