© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Sunday, July 02, 2006

Old photograph 10, how we met...


The continuing story ..... How I met Bert, now my husband for nearly 20 years. Well before we met , we were collegues in a commercial company in the year 1985. We were both working on the same advertisement (publicity?) commercial company 'Bugamor' in Almere, but we both were having our own partner in that time. On work we were having always very much fun with each other and many good laughs... But I was having a relationship with an American man, and I was engaged, at the end of that year we would marry and move to New York . Therefore I took this job in March 1985, bacause it was paying so well. However the circumstances changed .... I finished the engagement and did not go to the USA , I also quith that job. I started working again in another commercial company ( selling TeleFax's) . We lost each other out of the eye.

2 years later I won a price in that commercial Fax-company, as THE best sales-woman of the company. I won a price for 2 persons a luxury long weekend to Paris. A totally arranged trip, including the Hotel and a great Theatre-champagne-dinner show in "THE famous LIDO Theatre" of Paris!! That was a great present, I was thinking " who would I like to have ,as my companion" on this great trip..... I was thinking of some male friends....with who I could have also fun. Of course I was thinking of Bert, but he was having a girlfriend ( I thought) but perhaps... I called a teacher of the company we both worked in before, this man told me that Bert was working in the North of Holland. So I called him for the first 'orientation' appointment to find out if he was single or not, like Iwas already for 2 years. We had not seen each other in between, because we were living in different cities. I found out in that appointment he was single .. So now I could make some plannes....in a nex telephone call I asked Bert if he could take 1 day+ weekend off..... , that I was having a nice surprise..he only had to answer 'Yes"..... He said YES ....I can take that day + weekend off and yes ,'whatever it is I am in for it'. So I said to him this: 'Than you are invited for a long weekend to Paris with me' ! Of course he was surprised, but crazy as I was in that time, he could expect that a woman like me, invited him for a 'free-not- to- pay- anything' long weekend to Paris. So we went to Paris, we had a great weekend as friends. Later at home we could not stop calling each other..... and the happy end resulted in a very good relationship wich still exist.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leuk! Ik wist niet (meer) dat het zo was gegaan: een veelbelovend begin, echt bedoeld om voor altijd te zijn! Mooi! Simone Q.

Anonymous said...

A very old and funny story! Nice to read again and yes I do remember a part of this 'Love-Story' Greetings Marijke

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Marijke, you were an important part too, as my sister/friend that time. JoAnn