© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Monday, October 30, 2006

Working on Photography....

Jo's Photography-process;

This coming months (November until March) I am working on my modelling-photography wich is my biggest outrages 'fun in life'. But the most important is: I 'll hope all the photographs can be used for a new exibition in 2007, ehhh if I find a space/location , to take part of this Festival-exibition. At least I need material.....so I will be " on the road, or working on" the coming months. And I must shoot enough photographs, on location ( somewhere else) or in my upstairs-studio at home. Or one can find me behind my 2 computer's at home, in the little room, thinking, reading, drawing or working on several ways at the photographs.

With film photography it was much easier.... one goes in the dark room, and after a night or evening most of all work was ready (or not) .But now-a-days with the digital camera's there are so much MORE possibilities that I can go-on with working on the photograps by the computer.

Question to be answered are always:
- First: I always have a plan or design , how the end-result should look-a-like,
-Is this photograps best looking in: 'black&white' or ' colour'?
-What kind of paper: glossy, matt or on silk, canvas or pvc'?
-What size will I make this picture?
-1 or more , like a serie (more of one kind of subject/person) ,
-Yes or No with a pass-partout,
-At least I make several 'proofs' small and big for the colours or other....
-I burn them on a CD,or copie them on a seperated Compact-Flash-Disk.
When all this work is done and when all my- and customers questions are answered, I finally make several 'follow-up' appointment with the "vaklaboratorium"( proffesional printer-lab) in Rotterdam. There I can upload(resize and everything else) the photograph myself , make several proof-prints and finally the result is a photograph on whatever material printed.

So when I am busy..or not home.. this is what I do...the coming months.
Sometimes I will share some of my work on my blogger or otherwise by my website

No comments: