© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Fasting

Fasting facts:

All over the world there is starting the 40 days of Fasting , I think it starts today but I 'm not sure...and it ends with the Easter-days. There are in general two ways of looking at "Fasting".
Fasting is the act of willingly abstaining from some or all food and/or drink, for a period of time. For religious people, Fasting has a more spiritual meaning, also mentioned (for Christians) in the Bible, in the Old and New Testament.
Over the top Fasting...
Is the extreme Fasting, to reduce or gain weight: Last week I heard again that a too lightweigh model died again, because of her underweight, the poor girl. I do not have to do that much to stay on the same weight, when I have a bowel-bad-period I loose weight like crazy, so I eat to keep my reserves , in case of.... so no Fasting for me, I like food and snacking too much!!!
Who knows the exact starting date of Fasting?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it not today? So yesterday we had all to make pancakes and use up the rich ingrediants in our stores (sugar, eggs etc) and now for forty days we are supposed to eat plain food - if any at all!!!! I will be eating GOOD food!

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Rebecca, you're right,( eat good food!!) I hearded it on the news.... its 40 days ahed Easter...people should lower the use of : alcohol,eggs and som other foods...