Food or a breakfast or dinner is THE most important for us, we like to talk bout what happened that day or we make plans for the coming week or weekend. So we like to make the table cosy and comfortable, therefore.....I like it that all plates, cups, bowls and (if I have them) napkins fit with each other by colour, when I make a table for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I have strange enough no tableclots , but I do use always black shiny place-mats underneath the plates. Of course in weekends we eat easy luch "out of our hands" : just sitting on a chair/coutch while we read the newspaper, and drinking a coffee ' underwhile we talk about our last week', or coming week-plans.
Around holidays (easter,christmas ) or with a weekend-breakfast I like using the colours yellow and orange.This (above)white&black-designed cups, I bought last week... (do you like them?)
Coffee in the evening: When we ar just with the two of us, we both have our own colour (just how it comes out) because one is having 1 sugar and the other 3 (Natrena: are sweeteners ,me is having 3). When we have visitors for coffee, I use more colored-cups . Every person gets their own colour cup for example.. I have more-several colours of mocks/cups: Yellow,orange, just plain white, plain black, black-white with 4 different motifs, (-see picture above-) ,brown, green, light and dark yellows, and steel. Oh and I do have also a lot of STEEL stuffs as: Steel tea-pots, coffeepots (like espresso-makers) and even from steel: cappucino and espresso plates+cups.
%23001.jpg)
%23001.jpg)
%23001.jpg)
Above: my 8-squared-plates (from glass)for breakfast, soup,luch or dinner , I have also round black plates( and the cow teapot is just for fun...), I also have very big bowls in this black 8-squared style -above- for salade or serving in one bowl. I like to combine all sizes of plates for one meal ( we have a dishmachine haha don't you worrie) ; for example I use a separated plate for the salade, a bowl or deep plate for the soup, a plate for(sometimes we do that) the frontmeal, one plate for the headmeal and one small one for the aftermeal. Like as a 'aftermeal' we love to eat some parts of French cheeses as: Rocquefort, Camembert or Brie, when we have it also companied with a 'nip' of red Ruby-Port. hmmmm. The one (not so good?) thing is... I have all kinds of big/small knives and forks and spoons... we should have one kind of that but we haven't bought that yet, no time or not important enough. (?)
How do you like to make your table?
What colours/design do you like?
I like to know that.......
Post YOUR habits in the comments.
2 comments:
Nice dishes JoAnn, nice pictures too!
I like everything the same, glass, no miss matched items. I grew up in a large family as you know, and the table was set, well, for a large family, yuk!
But...ever since we have been married I've wanted white dishes, very plain with small white cups. Never got around to buying that for myself. Now I think at our age why bother!
I like a mug in the morning, then the rest of the day, smaller cups. Tea has to be in a small glass cup for me.
Oh, and I do not set the table for the two of us, too much work. We eat in the sunroom while watching Oprah!
Love you Truus
Hi Truus,
Aren't the white dishes ( the one's you like...) for sale overthere? I ask that, because we/I would like white dishes butI couldn't find the right 'shape'yet.
I like a square shape, not with a deep, or a high side...
I can picture you-2, sitting in the sunroom (I was there, very cosy!hmmmm wish I could join you
We also MUST 'eat from the high table' for practical reasons because IOS can't pick our food from that...
Post a Comment