© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Friday, June 15, 2007

WATER: Alex ten Napel...

For Fathers day which is June 17Th ,
the photographer " Alex Ten Napel" publicised this "WATER" photo , of a dad with his two daughter's in the NRC-NEXT newspaper of today..... .

What I like about this photo is :
-That the Father/children's look are serious ,
(instead of the usual smile!),
-That all hairs are sticking on their body's,
-The body's shadow in the water,
-The drops on their skins....
-The white (sky) background...
"(Under: N.B: this picture-colours are not as they suppose to be, because I made a photo of a page out of a newspaper )"
(c)
Under, This photo was showed in 2005 on the Festival of photography in Naarden.
I liked that he used the water in Naarden very well, because he combined this XXX large Hugh billboard, which was hanging into the water, on the 'vesting' walls of Naarden.

(c)
I always like to watch at the style of several kinds of photographers . "Alex Ten Napel", is for me one of THE great Photographers , I like his style and I admire his work very much....

Your meaning is welcome in the comments,

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the bottom photo the best because of the reflections in the water. They are all jumbled and distorted. To me this speaks of the fact that the boys are young and who they really are is still hidden and undiscovered and still pretty much of a blur. Fantastic work!!!! (By the way, Parijs is delicious!!!!)

Anonymous said...

Also I like the fact that the water reflects the fact that a child is living first in water of a sort, in the womb and this is where one is formed and in later life, water allows a gentle developement...

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Rebecca,
Have you already been able to make that boattrip on the Seine/Paris, from Pont Neuf?

I knew you are creative, the way you're looking at this post's photography, is out of an interesting point of view !

Thanks for your reaction.Have fun in Paris and Enjoy being there!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo-Ann - yes, yesterday we went fro Pont Neuf on the boat and it was fantastic. That is the only transportation other than our feet that we have used. Today we walked ten miles and amongst other things went to the musee de l'orangerte where the circular monets are, plus all sorts cezanne, renoir, picasso and other more modern artists etc.

Anonymous said...

I mean l'orangerie!!!!!

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Rebecca,
I am so glad you like Paris, I will look up on the Paris map, what you mean (where l'órangerie is). Does your dad like it too?

Today is fathersday!!
So greetings for you dad,

Pour la Vie!!

Marijke said...

Hoi

Wat een mooie foto's zijn dit. Ik kan me voorstellen dat jij ervan bent gecharmeerd
Liefs
Marijke