© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Thursday, July 05, 2007

History of photography....

About "The history of Photography",
I found the following photo from a camera of my dad. Photo Under: This was 1 of the first camera's , used by my Dad in the time that I was a child! It's an old type "Rolleicord- camera", used with film and I remember him using this camera very well. He made the best photo's with this camera and won also several awards. Of course all photo's were printed in Black&White and all developed by himself in his own 'darkroom'. I sometimes liked to help him with that and we worked for hours in the darkroom. So quess from who I have my love for photography? Boven: Deze "rolleicord-camera", gebruikte mijn vader, toen ik nog een kind was. Ik kan mij nog goed herinneren hoe hij achter de camera stond, en ik mocht soms helpen met (zwart-wit) foto's ontwikkelen/afdrukken in zijn eigen 'donkere kamer', dat duurde altijd uren. Mijn vader maakte de mooiste foto's met deze camera, en heeft zelfs een aantal prijzen gewonnen. Dus van wie zou ik mijn liefde voor de fotografie hebben denk je? Photo above: This Flash-light was used also by my father on his (other) camera -not so long ago until the year 1980 I quess?- Its now also an historical flashlight..... Foto boven: Deze flitser werd ook door mijn vader gebruikt op zijn andere camera -niet zo lang geleden t/m 1980?- en deze flitser is nu tevens historisch geworden.

6 comments:

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

wow...the love for photography runs deep in the family ...loved the old cameras......haven't seen them before.....it was a delight to see them :)

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Moi,
You're welcome, when I find some other old camera's I'll show them on my blog also...OK?

JoAnn

RUTH said...

You are following in your father's footsteps.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Ruth,
Yes indeed and I'm proud of that.

JoAnn

Amrita said...

Old equipment is really priceless. We have these here too.I like black and white photos.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Amrita, This old camera's I found also in a Museum in Doesburg, somewhere in Holland, the were having 2 floors filled with old historical material, so impressive!

I like black and white over coloured photo's too, they are more stylish, more my taste also. Its very personal...

JoAnn