He has to do his work, also in the rain. This photo won a 'effie' price and I like it so much , its so typical Dutch! Watch for the church in the back, and you can also see the rain on this picture...
Dutch: Deze "Kranten-bezorger" moet zijn werk ook in de regen doen. Deze foto heeft de 'effie-prijs' gewonnen. Ik vind hem zo mooi omdat het typisch Nederlands is. Als je goed kijkt naar deze foto, zie je een kerktoren op de achtergrond en zelfs de regen....


16 comments:
I've never seen something like this before--looks like he could take off at any moment!
Thanks for visiting my blog, and for future reference, you can just call me Michelle, as that's my real name (Sognatrice was really just an alias until people I know started using my real name in comments anyway!).
Hi Michelle, Thanks I will, this 'newspaper-man' is having some troubles indeed (with staying onto his bike with rain/storm)
JoAnn
I've never seen anything like this either! That poor man trying to cycle in those conditions...
Rx
Ruth, You got-to move at least 20 minutes a day , What about rain-clothes? hmmmm I agree all together not so easy for this man.
JoAnn
I'm sitting here wondering how he can both deliver the newspapers and stay balanced. This man must have quite a well developed set of skills.
This is a great photo to see, JoAnn. Thanks for showing it.
Looks like he is riding an mini airplane.How can he balance. I like it
Wow Jo-Ann. It reminds me of when I used to see men in the Netherlands riding their bicycles and carrying a mattrass on their heads! I am afraid all I could manage was to ride with two full saddlebags, with an umbrella open and talk on my mobile phone at the same time....now that was tricky! I only fell off one time from my bike and then I broke my leg, but I was not talking or holding the umbrella at the time!
Annie i, well daily I see people doing such a strange things on their bikes, like this afternoon I saw 2 girls biking , with in the middel of them a BIG flowerpot '1 meter size'(for a tree I quess?) . No-one should try passing them!
Amrita, Yeh well a plane has only lighter 'wings' but the idea is fantastic! I like it.
Rebecca, I also moved over with my bike , with in front a couple of bags and on the back, YES we are doing a lot by bike, glad you're back!
JoAnn
how DOES he manage to keep his balance!
Hi, I am Nadine and found your blog through Ruth's , I will be visiting here often , I like your today post alot.
Dit heb ik nog nooit gezien en ik woon toch al lang in Nederland. En de regen.........ja dat is ook echt Nederlands.
I like the subject a lot, but the photo itself is even more interesting, very ethereal!
Beautiful...Reminds me of India: thats how all newspaper boy deliver the newspaper there...
I like your photography and wanted to also thank you for your visits to my blog.
My wife, Patty, and I have been married for 52 years today. Imagine that.
52 married years
Ab Lincoln,
I already went (back) to you blog to wish you a happy anniversary.
Thanks for visiting my blog,
Greetings from JoAnn
Gerald Hyde, Thanks haha! He didn't keep his balance.I visited your blog thats also an interesting one...
Dina, Thanks I will post more 'of this kind' I call them '1 out of some hidden creative photo's'
Dick , Zeker ! Dat NL weer. Jaja weet jij ook alles van, Texel is erg mooi , ook bij regen hoor.
Moi, very 'ethereal' I'll have to look up the meaning of this word, interesting... Thanks.
JoAnn
Post a Comment