© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Wednesday, July 11, 2007

9 Facts about M.E.

Because I am tagged by Ruth its usual that I am writing for YOU in this post some (9)facts about me.... I hope you like to read it?Dutch: Omdat ik 'getagged' ben door Ruth, is het de gewoonte dat ik (9) feiten over mezelf vertel. Ik hoop dat je het leuk vindt , om te lezen?
(c)jw
fact 1)
I am Dutch and ehh I love Tulips, but I hate the image of wooden shoes....(sorry) I would never ever wear them! Why? Because they are not comfortable enough..Dutch: Ik ben Nederlands en hou van Tulpen, maar ik heb een hekel aan het klompen-imago (sorry) Ik heb ze nooit willen/kunnen dragen, ze zijn niet 'comfortabel' genoeg voor mij.
(c)jw
fact 2)
I am born with red hair: and untill 1980 my RED hair was straight , as a little girl I did not like my red hair ever.... because other children used to tease me with my red hair, thats why I did never liked my haircolour when I was youngh. Dutch :Ik ben geboren met rood haar, tot 1980 had ik steil Rood haar, als klein meisje werd ik altijd gepest met mijn rode haar, door andere kinderen. Daarom vond ik destijds mijn haarkleur ook niet mooi.
(c)jw
fact 3)
When I grew older I started to like myself and my red hair and (Yeh!) since 1980 I have a curled red haired head. I don't care anymore than and now if other people like or don't like my haircolour....Dutch: Toen ik ouder begon te worden begon ik mijzelf en mij haarkleur mooier te vinden en sinds 1980 heb ik een rode krullenbos jawel! Nu kan het mij niets meer schelen of anderen mij haarkleur al dan niet mooi vinden.
(c)jw
fact 4)
I was always terrified and afraid for DOGS! But since ( 8 years ago) we have our Swiss Bernese Mountaindog my fair disappeared completely. Which I am very proud of...'I mean: That I'm not afraid of dogs anymore'! Dutch:Ik ben altijd erg bang voor honden geweest, totdat we (8 jaar geleden) een Zwitserse Berner Sennen hond kregen. Ik ben er trots op dat ik nu niet meer bang voor honden ben!
(c)jw
fact 5)
Ehhh I am very afraid for water, so I'm also afraid to swim...( I always say : 'I hate water') What am I gonna do when I have to safe my dog while she's swimming? Dutch: Ahum, Ik ben bang voor water en dus ook om te zwemmen, ( Ik zeg altijd: 'dat ik een hekel heb aan water') maar uhh wat moet ik doen als mijn hond uit het water gered moet worden?
(c)jw
fact 6)
I am a dreamer , I would have loved to be an actress in a theatre! However.... I never made it to pass the course to get into Theatre school, I tried it many times. "Not good enough?" So instead of becoming an actress, I decided to work (for 12 years I did) into a Theatre in Holland, as a ' Creative manager'. And that I liked very much, this way my dream came thrue a little. Dutch: I ben een dromer met heel veel fantasie, Ik zou bijvoorbeeld graag actrice willen zijn geworden. Helaas ik kon de toelatings kursussen niet positief doorkomen en werd ik niet toegelaten op de theaterschool. Dus ben ik maar als "artistiek manager' gaan werken (12 jaar gedaan) in een Theater in Nederland. Op deze manier is mijn droom toch een beetje uitgekomen.
(c)jw
fact 7)
I love fruit and raw salads/vegetables, and all kinds of cheeses...nuts. But I don't like to eat meats, fish, chicken or whatever meat-kinds Yak! however I am NOT a vegetarian, thats strange ehh? Dutch: I hou ontzettend veel van fruit, rauwe sla/groenten en alle soorten Kaas en noten.... Maar ik hou NIET van vlees, kip, of vis of andere vleessoorten Bah! Maar ik geen vegetarier, da's vreemd he?
(c)jw
fact 8)
I have a big ((: double?) heart, and I must be carefull not to loose myself in helping others I am very social, too much sometimes. Dutch: Ik heb een groot ((: dubbel?) hart, dus ik moet ervoor oppassen dat ik mijzelf niet verlies in anderen helpen, dat doe ik soms teveel.
(c)jw
Art-Fact 9)
In case you didn't noticed by now but last fact is: I am a 'artistic' kind of WOMAN . Thanks for your interest... Do you still like reading this all?I am glad its 'done', now I'm going back to post PHOTOGRAPHY !Dutch: Waarschijnlijk is het nu wel duidelijk geworden dat ik een 'artistieke'-VROUW ben. Bedankt voor je interesse, vond je het leuk dit allemaal te lezen? Ik ben blij dat het 'gedaan' is. En ik ga weer snel FOTO'S publiceren hoor!

double click on picture to enlarge/ klik op foto's om te vergroten

19 comments:

RUTH said...

So good to learn more about you. I think red hair is lovely and I like cheese too. Between the ages of 13 to 15 I lived in Holland in Brunssum as my father was in the British Forces and stationed there. I went to the International School there.

CG said...

how lovely to know all these new facts about you! Your dog is adorable!!

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Ruth and CG,
Well thank you both too.... you are 'responsable' for the fact that I m telling these facts about myself, I am just 'kidding' because I liked doing it, I had to think of 'what to say' whit my 'lazy' brains haha!

Ruth, How intersting that you have been living in Brunsum! And also in an important life-age in your teens! I ope you liked it? Yes cheese 'you have like' when you are living in Holland right?

CG, I agree about my dog... she is!

Amrita said...

hi JoAnn, Came to know you some more. I like red hair. In fact henna gives the hair a reddish tinge. My hair is black but I like to use red hair colour on it.

I like your dog. You are a very creative lady, the theatre,photography and all.And I like your big-double heart. I also have the 'saviour ' complex wanting to help people.

We eat meat, but are mostly vegetarians because of health reasons and cost.

Amrita said...

Thanks for putting up the clock on your blog. You are 3 1/2 hours behind us

Mark said...

Hi Joanne, thanks for the visit, its good to come across a fellow photographer even though our interests vary.
Great things about me, i am always wary of them.
Are you still using facebook?If you are would you like to link up.
I have also added your link and feed to my blog, are you happy to exchange?
Cheers Mark

mrsnesbitt said...

Hi, loved the facts.
Where are you going for your hols?
We travel to Ijmudenwhen we go on holiday, is this anywhere near you?

Dxx

RUTH said...

Hi JoAnn; re the fill in form. This is Mr Linky...some bloggers put it on their blog when the do regular things like Wordless Wednesday or Green Thumb Sunday. A basic Mr Linky is free but you can pay a small fee for an upgraded account. It helps to keep track of visitors who are taking part so you can visit their blog and know they too have a Wordless Wednesday post done. Other visitors just comment in the comment box on that day and don't need to fill in the Mr Linky form.
Rx

Jayne said...

Hello, thank you for visiting my blog. I enjoyed reading your facts and I'll come back soon :0)

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Amrita,
3 1/2 hours of a difference? Ok thats good to know, well we better are helping other people out(as a weak thing) than nobody at all right?

Mark,
Yes , I am using the facebook a little, I don't know yet 'what to do with it' I'll be thinking about more links but I'll thought 'I'd better start with it after the summer holidays?' . I am not sure when and how about this 'book'. I'll let you know ok?

Mrs Nesbitt, Well IJmuiden is on the westcoast of the South of Holland, not quith nearby from where I live. I live in the midlle of Holland far from the coast. But IJmuiden is a great Harbor place to go!!! Enjoy your stay!

Ruth,
Hmmmmm I am not really familiar with it, even not after your explanation, I'm sorry, but it must be something typical English or not?

Thank you all for your comments. JoANN

Dick said...

Leuk om wat over je te lezen en inderdaad als je jong bent trek je je alles veel meer aan, dus dat is dan wel weer een voordeel van het ouder worden. Vind je het goed als ik jouw blog link?

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Dick,
Ja lijkt me leuk. Ik zal je via jouw blog 'commenten' dat het OK is.

JoAnn

Anonymous said...

Red hair is awesome and so are the curls...and so is the way you eat....alles is goed.......
and I am for one very glad that you are so artistic......best people groep to belong to I think!!!

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Rebecca, Haha! Thank you so much, you are my best critism of today, however NOW today or nowadays, I am not depended anymore from thirth persons'compliments', to feel good. But I MUST say/admit, I like it always very much, it always feels good. Thanks!

With compliments from JoAnn
(haha! just kidding)

Annie said...

JoAnn, you are beautiful red-haired, curly haired, creative woman who has overcome many of her fears and embraced life and love for others.

I've always liked being with people just like you!

Martha said...

My mother used to laugh and say "If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much!" Since her ancestors came from Holland, she thought this was a good joke. My husband doesn't think so. He's not Dutch.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Martha, Heh! I like the saying of your MOM much more :) and you? You might be a bit Dutch than? Its a funny saying, thankx for your visit.

JoAnn

Perpetual Procrastinator said...

Not being Dutch, I have never quite understood the wooden shoe thing. They just look so incredibly uncomfortable.

Also....the best people always have red hair, or at least a red tint in their hair. :)

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi PP, Yes well its not a very comfortable 'kind of shoe' mostly farmers wear them, because its easy when the field is wet. Thanks for your compliment (red haired are the best) I agree :).

JoAnn