© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Tuesday, August 14, 2007

France: Village 'La-Popie'

France: Village 'La Popie"
This pretty little village "La Popie" is laying 'on the wine route' on top of a small mountain , at east from the -bigger- city CAHOR. On the day we visited this village it was raining 'cats & dogs' (of course its summer ehhhrr!!) So sorry if the pictures are looking a bit sad, however this really village is worth a full day visit. Its filled with pretty little shops in the even little streets with narrow lanes.....and there are many, many very cosy real French restaurants. We sat down in one of them for a quick lunch, as a very thin "crepe" pancake (made from flour and water) with honey or fluid (real melted!) chocolate on top. My cappuccino was of course without "chantilly" (or whipped cream) with an extra little can of hot milk on the side, of course some bitter chocolate beans were served aside on a small bowl.



Dutch: Frankrijk "La Popie".
Dit kleine & pittoresk stadje ligt op een kleine heuvel, met zijn vele klein huisjes, winkeltjes en ontelbaar veel gezellige restaurantjes, werkelijk een plaatje (!!!) om te bezoeken. Het stadje ligt ten oosten van de wat grotere stad CAHOR. Helaas zijn de foto's van dit stadje wat somber, omdat het die dag weer eens flink regende , sorry!!!! Wij hebben er een typisch Frans lunchgerecht genomen; de dunne Crepe/pannekoek (gemaakt van beslag aangemaakt met water), daarop een keuze uit honing of huisgemaakte warme chocoladesaus. Mijn cappuccino was uiteraard zonder chantilly/slagroom, en ik kreeg er nog een apart kannetje warme melk naast geserveerd. Als toegift een schaaltje met heerlijke bittere chocolade bonen..

18 comments:

Amrita said...

Beautiful looks like from the movie Chocolat, the food too

Anonymous said...

Very nice JoAnn. I think the rain adds to the atmosphere of this quaint town.

Carl H. Sr. said...

JoAnn,this really gives a sense
of times gone by for me.
The village looks to have existed for centuries.

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

Hello JoAnn,

I am so glad that you visited my blog and that you invited me to visit yours. I spent an hour or so this morning looking at your beautiful photos and reading your very interesting captions. I love the way you communicate, it reminds me so much of my beloved friend Carlin, a beautiful, charming, super funny and loving Dutch girl. Even your lovely IOS brings to mind Carlin's adorable Hobbes, a Welsh Springer Spaniel.

You've made my day. Thank you!

I've linked your blog to mine and it is in my blog reader as well.

Very best regards!

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Amrita,
Yeh?? What kind of movie? Telle me some about it?

Mike,
Thanks...However the weather was terrible, misty and so on, therefore this photo are 'a'kind of unclear' in colours also...

Carl sr,
Indeed this is a very old village, most are around this area, have you been in France ever?

Fenix ,
Thanks you really mak me blush :)

RUTH said...

What a quaint little place. lovely photos and the crepe sounds delicious :o)

judi/Gmj said...

Ohh, I love your dog!! Well, I love most dogs, but BMD are special. Your blog and pictures tell a fabulous tale, I will be back to read more.

Priscilla said...

It looks like a great place to visit! (I am Martha's sister)

Annie said...

It is so picturesque. Your photos cheer me as I sit in high heat in the middle of the U.S.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Annie,
Is is that hot on the USA? Shall we switch? I live there you here, the weather here 'sucks' (sorry),

priscilla,
I visited your blog very nice on thatis, your welcome..

Gmd,
Today more dogs (or tomorrow) I
love dogs!!!!

Ruth, Thanks again...

JoAnn

Marijke said...

Hoi
Het ziet er weer allemaal erg pittoresk uit, gezellig
En ja, de Cahors streek is wel erg mooi....
Groetjes
Marijke

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Marijke, Ben je daar al eens geweest? Ik kan je veel tips geven, misschine iets voor in de toekomst...

:) JoAnn

Mark said...

Hi Joann,
I feel the same way about the French villages, they are almost from a place that time forgot, they are beautiful.

Cheers Mark

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Mark,
Hey where have you been in France and do you have some pictures about that cities? I am intersted very much, Thanks for visiting,

:) JoAnn

Radha said...

arent frech villages just beautiful? i visited a few of them in provence last year and loved them!
lovely shots!!

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Radja,
When you like this already.... I will show you some more French villages OK?

Thanks for visiting :) JoAnn

JAM said...

What a beautiful place and photos!

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Jam,
I will post some more, like your Florida photo's too!!!!

:) JoAnn