© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Saturday, August 25, 2007

HOLLAND: Bussummer Heide

HOLLAND - 'T GOOI
BUSSUM-NAARDEN-HUIZEN
Today/Vandaag;
The/De Bussummer heide.







To enter the "HEIDE" (above) you should know that 'here are cows', as if we would not notice that! But you better keep distance, YES YES! Therefore again a double warning, its that you know it! Picture under: And if you still haven't seen the COWS, please keep your dogs on the leach...Above second pic: The "Purple heide-flower" Don't know the name in English, does some-one (blogreader) knows the name?

Dutch: Boven, Als men de Heide opgaat staat er dit waarschuwingsbordje, alsof we de koeien niet gezien hebben... "houd afstand" jaja. Maar het is maar dat je het weet, toch?
Onder : de koeien zijn er deze maand dus svp de honden aanlijnen....










De /The BUSSUMMER HEIDE,



This 'area' is where I walk with my dog daily, on the Bussummer Heide, "Heide" is also the name of the purple little flower. Because the COWS are grazing there its not aloud to come closer than 25 meters, They are calm but it for everyone's safety. I don't know the type (name ) of this cows, they are grazing here half a year, one monthe on the left side of the road wich is called the Bussummer Heide, another month on the right side of the road , called the Limitiche heide, Next post I will post the history of the Limitische heide.



Dutch: Grazende koeien op de Bussummer Heide, 'deze heide' is vernoemd deels naar de heide-bloemen en de dichtbij gelegen stad Bussum. Koeien grazen hier ( het soort/type/naam koe, weet ik niet) De ene maand grazen ze op de linker heide genaamd Bussummer Heide, de andere maand op de Limitische Heide. Een volgende Post zal ik meer vertellen over de history van de Limitische Heide.






The above House is again a SMALL TOLL-HOUSE with again 'a passed function', this house is used in an earlier century as a so named "TOLLHOUSE" , the meaning of this house ( I am not sure) is probably to 'border' the road in between the three villages NAARDEN , BUSSUM and HUIZEN. Two nearby villages which are seperaded by a road, on this road (Village is called NAARDEN) The Naarder-side the road is called "HUIZERSTRAATWEG' and on the other half-(village is called HUIZEN) the road is named NAARDERstraat. Behind the Heide-fields this street is called: 'BUSSUMMERSTRAAT', named to the thirth little village Bussum. This is mend for you when you are driving on the road ( without a MAP :) haha) to Huizen you just follow the road "Huizerstraatweg" wich is leading you from NAARDEN , through the NAARDERstraat to Huizen. Simple right, Got it?



Dutch: Het bovenstaand huisje is een TOLHUISJE. De funktie ervan weet ik niet helemaal zeker maar waarschijnlijk diende het in vroegere tijden als Grenshuisje tussen Naarden , Bussum en Huizen. Of er ook TOL geheven werd weet ik niet zeker, de naam doet vermoeden van wel. Maar het is leuk te weten dat de straat van Naarden naar huizen, 'Huizerstraatweg' heet en je rijdt dan tevens door de Naarderstraat(want je komt van Naarden), achter deze 'Bussummer-Heide' heet de derde straat weer De 'Bussummerstraat' etc. Simpel toch? Snap je het nog?

18 comments:

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

Hi JoAnn, I enjoyed this post very much. Gorgeous photos of lovely cows and scenery. The doll house is SO charming.

The plant's name in English is Heather, I believe. A great weekend to you!

NorthBayPhoto said...

Great photos! I like how it's a little dog in the sign going after the cows...little dogs always think they can tackle such big animals!!

Thanks for visiting my NorthBayPhoto blog and have a good weekend.

CG said...

Lol, great signs and wonderful photos!

Anonymous said...

There are cows on my blog....finally! But not my favourite ones...but still cows, which I love!

Neva said...

I love the cows and the signs about cows and dogs!! What a hoot! Very nice post and pictures!

RUTH said...

What wonderful photos. I love the cows and the Heather. The toll house is so sweet. :o)

inspired said...

yes i think the purple flower is called Heather ;o]

Dick said...

Mooie foto's vooral die van de heide, ik heb er ook gemaakt bij ons maar de jouwe vind ik beter, desalniettemin publiceer ik hem wel binnenkort. Ik denk dat ik over een week of 9 weer eens in Bussum ben voor een paar dagen maar dan is de heide al lang uitgebloeid.

Di said...

Great photos; I really enjoy reading the words that go with the photos. Thank you for sharing with us!

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

HI
Thanks Fenix, Ruth and Inspired, for giving me the English name of the Dutch"Heide" which is Heather!!

Thanks Neva
I like your Profile with 2 dogs,

Thanks Fenix, Ruth, Inspired, CJ, Rebecca and Northbay for the compliments, I do my best... but its very sweet to say you like my photograpy.

Dick hi,
De heide staat nu half uitgebloeid maar de nieuwe bloemen komen weer op, wie weet heb je geluk en staan ze er nog?

Akelamalu said...

What a lovely and amusing post. I don't know what the flower is but it is very pretty.

Ginnie Hart said...

You have such a lovely way of doing your posts, JoAnn. I am thoroughly enjoying them. And to think that one day I will actually see where you live. :)

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

The sign was hilarious ...made me roll with laughter...and the flowers are beautiful..lovely cows too....they look like happy campers soaking in the sun :)

Amrita said...

all very beautiful, the cows sitting down look like statues

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Akelemalu, Now I just found out that it named "heather" Now you know it also ? Thanks for visiting.

Ginnie, Who knows when the time is there, when the sun is there, when you are not there but here, just kidding . Look forewards also meeting you :)

Hi Moi,
But ehhh This is a real sign , I can really imagine that's hilarious, haha :) that makes me laugh also, I like to hear how its Trough you eyes, even when its funny,

Amrita, You made an intersting point there, I would (if possible) having a cow as a statue , as a matter of fact.... Who can make me one?

Perpetual Procrastinator said...

The dog sign is great...I really like the drawing style.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi PP,

Hha I show you some more signs soon, I did not realise that our signs are 'so Dutch' , so thats a subject ti remember.

Thanks for commenting :) JoAnn

Web-OJ said...

Naughty,naughty doggie.. troubling the poor cows... Mooo to you I say!