Today: DUTCH ROOFS,
In Holland we have several styles of ROOFS,
Both roofs-photo's Look at the photo's under, you can see in NAARDEN the village where I live in 'The GOOI' area.
In Nederland zijn verschillende Dak-stijlen, beide daken van onderstaande foto's zijn genomen in NAARDEN, het stadje waar ik woon in Het Gooi.
The roof below is called a Bell-Gable, this houses on the photo, are standing in a row in The Markstraat of Naarden-Vesting village . Some houses are seperated by a narrow little path, I will show that in another post... Het onderstaande dak is de Klokgevel.
Naarden-Vesting is a very little pretty SMALL village , In-where a a lot of (10) small cosy restaurants/bars and one Hotel are located. The several restaurants serve fine Dutch-,French- and Italian- cousine. There are also a lot of beautiful Antique shops, and there is a very luxury fourniture DESIGN-shop with designs of a famous DUTCH designer " Jan des Bouvrie" in the ' Arsenaal' make that a lot of people/tourists from all over Holland and far abroad, come to visit this village.
Naarden_vesting is bekend om al haar Boetieks en antiekzaakje, er zijn vele restaurantjes en natuurlijk het Arsenaal waarin de "Jan des Bouvrie ontwerpen" zijn tentoongesteld en deze zijn te koop . Mensen/toeristen komen van heinde en verre om dit stadje te bezoeken.

Above: The roof of my house with red-rooftile-stones, which is very ordinairy (normal) for most-seen roofs in Holland. Our/my house (as shown on the photo) always has lots of birds 'landing' on top of the roof because of the many gardens in front and the back of our houses in the street....Boven: Het dak van mijn huis met rode pannen, het meest geziene daksoort in NL, waarop veel vogels 'landen' vanwege de vele voor-achtertuinen in de omgeving.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!!!!!
+JoAnn.jpg)

29 comments:
That Clock Gable roof is such a great shape. Have a wonderful weekend too :o)
Hi JoAnn! I love the color of your roof.
Hope you have a great weekend too!
Heel oranjegezind, woon je ook in de vesting?
Fijn weekend.
I'm a fan of architecture, great images.
Ik ben benieuwd wanneer het huis van mijn (onze) broer een keer door jou vastgelegd wordt. Hij woont in de vesting.
Prettig weekend, Gerard
It sounds like a fun village to visit. I love red tile roofs, LOVE. I must be a birdie.
Unusual roofs for me. We are used to flat, angles and hipped roofs here. I like your photos.
Photoshop CS3 takes some getting used to.
Some of those roofs can be seen in other parts of the world. First time I saw them was in Stellenbosch, South Africa. Quite nice.
This city is so big that we probably have every style of roof here -- at least, every style that would stand up to the weather, including some like your red-tiled roof. But most apartment building roofs are flat & covered with asphalt. Boring.
Great looking facades and roofs. I love Dutch architecture (and all things Dutch; my dearest friends of 17 years are Dutch, they are the loveliest, coolest, wittiest, straight forward, most sensible people). Have a brilliant Sunday, in every sense of the word :).
Beautiful roofs: I must make a visit one day! Have a lovely sunday Jo-ann {{HUGS}}
Great photos. I like the color of the roof.
Neat shots! Makes me want to pay more attention to roof tops!
Hi Joann
G is inderdaad mijn broer en een van mijn andere broers woont in de St.Annastraat het nummer weet ik zo niet. Zou leuk zijn om een foto daarvan te zien gemaakt door jouw artistieke hand en oog. Misschien kom ik over een aantal weken wel in Bussum en ga dan ook naar Naarden.
Fijn weekend of wat er nog van over is.
And to think I was able to see all of this with my very own eyes! :) Now that I'm in Atlanta, that seems worlds away (but still close in my heart).
Great photos, Joann! Love the shape and color of those roofs!
Thanks for your visiting and nice comments on my blog! I would love to live in Rome, too! Sounds you had a great time there!
Have a nice Sunday!
Tenha um agradável Domingo! (In Portuguese)
To start with; THANKS :) everyone whoo wsihed me a good weekend, So I had and the same to you all!
*Ruth :)Thanks
*Dot :)Thanks
*Dick :) gewoon nuchter oranje gezind
*Daniel :) Thanks
*Gerard:) de straat volgende week?
*Ruth M:) You're already "flying" :)
*Abl:) Yeh what roofs you have? CS 3 NEH! ):
*Quint:) Yeh!! I was there too! In S-A, nice country, good wine too:)
*Annula:) well than loo at the roofs you like? Enough choice you said:)
*Fenix:) Sounds that you like Holland and the Dutch people, Me too?:) (just kidding!)
*Cj :) Thanks, hughs back:)
*Rowdy :) Thanks
*Kerri :) thanks I'll show some more OK?
*Dick OK, ga ik heen: Annastraat voor een foto vd straat.
*Ginnie :) Yeh you were here! Come back soon I'll show you some more. Have a good time in Atlanta:)
*Sonia, :) Yeh loved to live in Rome, liked you blog.Thanks for visiting mine!
:) Have agood 'last part' of Sunday
:) JoAnn
Nice roof, I really like these roofs.
Hi Mary:) How are they in your country? Just wondering..:)
JoAnn :)
Can you get up in a high place somewhere where there are lots of these roofs together and take a picture of them?
I don't mean I'm getting Alzheimer's TOMORROW, but I have other stories I am working on. I can't abandon one for another or I'll never get any done.
My Mom died of dementia and had a brain tumor and I have the same brain tumor, a meningioma.
Would you like to see some of my stories?
Our roofs are MOSTLY asphalt. They are some slate roofs, which are nicer, and a few tile roofs (very few). They are not scenic. (except where there are man tile or slate ones.)
I love the bell-gables!! You're making me want to visit Holland again...
We have pitched roofs too but brick chimneys rather than your metal one -- I spend a lot of time looking across at my neighbour's roof and watching the birds - magpies, wood pigeons and crows - here's a photo http://hydedailyphoto.blogspot.com/2006/11/crow-on-roof.html
*Mary:)I answered you at your comments of your blog, Thanks for asking/answering.:)
*Sophie, When do you come? ( just kidding but also serious) You're very welcome, I''l show you some more roofs or whatever:)
*Gerald:) Thanks I'll will look with interest and let you know what I think :)
JoAnn :)
Beautiful. I love the color of your roof.
Hi Joann, Nice pics1 Especially the first one!! It reminds me of home, Padang, West Sumatra. There are many colonial building in several areas and well preserved as some been converted to offices and hotel. Quint said he has seen the similar desigh in S.A. Ofcourse, its Dutch influence :P
Hou gan dit met jou, Jo- Ann?
When i first visited Holland, the houses in Amsterdam had me enraptured!!!! They are unique and oh so beautiful....:)
Thanks:
*Jam/John, Thanks that MY ROOF :)
*Urang:) Yes are that roofs also in PADANG? I did not know that and we were in Sumatra, but maybe not west enough, and Quint in SA where is that?I'll have to ask him than, yes its sure Dutch influence, thanks for telling me! :)
*MoI, :) Come back soon when you can? Then there are lots of other roofs I'll show that later, :)
JoAnn Thanks:)
I love the roofs.They are so antique and beautiful
Post a Comment