© "Through Jo's-D -Eyes"

© "Through Jo's D- Eyes" is a photography blog , about Dutch thoughts and things , seen in Holland or on travels in Europe. Feel welcome to visit this blog. Your creative personal comments are welcome in all languages (please not commercial or political) * Protected by copyright © . Made by www.joannwalraven.com/NL- 2002-2012 . Please do not use this photo's without permission.Thank you for your Interest.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Child'hood' ehhh Children's-bookweek :)

Its Childrens-BOOK-week in Holland,
therefore we think about the children....
Het is Kinderboekenweek in Nederland,
daarom denken aan de kinderen.....
*

*
So as a child she liked to play-fantasize about :
How it would be when I was an adult-mom, and you were a baby?.... I would be a MOM and taking care of my babies, I would sit on the bike, you could NOT bike yourself because I am always in a hurry, and you are sooooo slow!!!! And YOU -(mom) must sit on the baby-bike-seat in front of me. And I go watching a movie, and you...., you cannot come with me, you must stay home with the babysitter ... And than.... you never have to eat veggies anymore by dinner, we always eat friet- patatoes and icecream YES!!!! You could not look for dolls in the toy-store because you were having already enough dolls at home..
*
Als kind hield ze ervan te spelen/fantaseren over:
Hoe zou het zijn als ik groot & mama ben, en jij nog maar een baby?..
Dan zou ik een Mama zijn en jij de baby/kleuter, IK zou fietsen en jij Mama jij zit voorop in het fietszitje en jij zou zelf NIET mogen fietsen, want je bent altijd zoooo langzaam! En ik ging dan naar de film.... and jij ... jij mag niet met me meegaan, jij moest dan thuisblijven bij de oppas....En dan.... Dan hoefde jij nooit groenten te eten bij het avondeten, dan aten we altijd frietjes en ijsjes!!!! JAAAA! Jij mocht dan niet in de speelgoedwinkel naar poopen kijken, want je had ar thuis a genoeg!
*
*
And YOU must always go on time to bed , and I go watch television but..... Ummmm when you have nighmare's at night, than.... YOU can ALWAYS come and sleep with me in my bed ! :)
*
Jij moest dan altijd op tijd naar bed,en ik mocht dan lekker naar TV kijken maarre.... als je 's-nachts nachtmerries kreeg, dan mocht je best bij mij in bed komen hoor!:)
*
*
That I 'll do , when I am an adult, is the child thinking here.
I ask : "Mom do you think that I could be such a good and sweet mom as you are?" Ummmmm..... My mom's looking at me and she smiles :) and than.... than she is laughing out loud. (LOL) Me blushing ask her: " Ummm Mom, why are you laughing?" Mom answers :" Because you are such a sweet litlle girl". I am happy with this answer, and I climb on her soft lap, my mom is smelling so good as MY mom always does, so sweet. I love my mom but...... I am also so happy to be a child.
*
I am SO glad a can be still as a child:)
Ik ben blij dat ik nog steeds als een kind kan zijn:)
*
Thankyou everyone for your understanding (I was not having internet yesterday)I was also not able therfor to visit your blogs. But its okay now, as you can see.

29 comments:

dot said...

What a cute little girl you were! Very nice post.

quintarantino said...

It seems to me Joann was a happy child, having a good time and that made her be a great person as an adult.
Loved those photos.

Jayne said...

Brilliant photo's JoAnn. I love old photo's. I'm going to have to post a few of my own, you inspired me! :0)

Daniel J Santos said...

lovely photos, a great post.

inspired said...

what a little cutie ;o]
yes i got the e-mail thank you so much.. & i sit and relax as in enjoy a Hot Chocolate. ;o]

NorthBayPhoto said...

Cute photos and lovely story to accompany them.

quintarantino said...

Joann, as usual you are a
very demanding audience. Must be 'cause you are an artist.
Your tips are important. And yes you are quite write. Maybe I think that somethings I see every day aren´t important but someone out there could find them fun, interesting or dull...
Thank´s for your ideas.
And thank you for considering posting a real dutch windmill.

JAM said...

Wonderful post! The photos of you are great. I love mine and my brothers and sister's childhood photos more as I get older. They remind me of good times like you describe here.

This is also a sweet tribute to your mother.

Thank you for nominating me for the Inspirational and Excellent Photography Blog Award. I'll post about that tomorrow (Thursday).

Marijke said...

lieve joann

Ja, je zag er toen al lief uit en dat ben je wat mij betreft nog steeds

Kus
Marijke

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

Glorious photos of your childhood! You've been a happy person all your life, it seems. Lovely.

Elaine in the World said...

Hello JoAnn from the Netherlands!
Thank you for your comments on my blog! Yes, Toronto is a fun place to live, but I love to travel and meet new people from all over the world. Paris is my favourite, so I envy you for living so close.
Where does your family live in Toronto? Maybe we're neighbours!

Susan said...

Hi Joanne,
Thank you for your many comments on my blogs.
Last week, I fear I exadurated on my Rainy Haney post. We do get a lot of very heavy rainfall but not actually monsoons. That is a bit of a joke here. Sorry to have misled you. Yes you are right we are in Canada. On the southwest coast of the province, British Columbia.
I love your old photos. Apparently, the keen eye runs in the family as these photos of you are very nicely composed.

CG said...

Lovely photos...you were very cute! When I was a little girl I liked to dress up as a nurse and as a princess!
It's childrens bookweek here in the UK also.

photowannabe said...

I think there is still a child in each of us. I hope I never loose mine.
This is a lovely tribute to your mother too.

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

u are as cute as ever , Joann :)

Sparkle Plenty said...

Hi, JoAnn! Awwww...what a cutie!
:-) I enjoy seeing photos of my friends as children because I always see that they have the same expressions--little smiles, frowns, quirks--they had when they were little. I loved this post! Cheers, Sparkle

Anonymous said...

Those are some very beautifully captured shots...Children are indeed a beautiful gift of God & I loved your equally wonderful words...lovely descriptions & the photos!

WichitaKsDailyPhoto said...

Nice to see the little you! What a cutie, glad you had a playful childhood and a kind and loving mother.

Trudy said...

Cute pictures JoAnn, of course I have seen these before, afterall, I am your Aunt and nothing gets by me, hahaha!
You even looked like me when you were small. Two of us that is more than this world deserves.

Love you
Truus

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Thanks for all the sweet comments:

* Truus thanks :)
* Wendy Mom's are all sweet,thank you:)
* Kalyan we should always honor our parents they give us bour life:) Thanks:)
*SPARKLE Awwww thaaaanks Haha :)
* Moi thanks again my friend:)
*Photowanabe, that sure is mom's are worth to be honored.:)
*CjA bookweek there too? Yeh C I see you as a princess walking around, very cute:)
* Thanks Susan I emailed you in return:)
* Toronto Team Thanks for recting we emailed , You hear from me, I hear from you:)
* Fenix thats very true I was happy in youth and I am happy NOW indeed:)
* Marijke dankje wel voo 't compliment.
*Jam Yesits a sweet tribute to my mom indeed.:) I 'll look at your blog your photo's are wonderfull!
* Quint Hmmmm thanks :) (Blush)
* Thank you thank you DOT!!! Hugh:)


Thank you all for your great interest. Of course its also "Old photography" what I would like to show to you, that this was me is the seond thought. But thanks:)

JoAnn:)

Neva said...

What a great blog and I love your pictures of you as a child...so happy and cute!! You find the neatest things to write about and photograph. what a unique individual you are...Tell me....are you a mom?

Cris said...

Love this post JoAnn!!! The pictures and the words... so beautiful!

Cathrine said...

I adore this post and the photos are brilliant
lucky are you sweet child :)

Ruth said...

You definitely are a sweet little girl, JoAnn. What a great time to see the childhood photos of you and read your dialogue. I love it. Don't ever grow up.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

You all make my BLUSH:)

Thanks Neva:)
Thanks Cris:)
Thanks Catrine:)
Thanks Ruth:)

Thanks you all you are very sweet in your comments:)

Ginnie Hart said...

You are so lucky to have these precious photos of your childhood, JoAnn. I don't have any like that at all. So I will see me through your eyes...as a loving, trusting child.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Ginnie,
Yes well muy youth photo's are okay for a post, Im glad you like me hahaha!
:)

Amrita said...

Your Mommy-words and your childhood pictures are so cute. Such a sweet child.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Thank you Amrita,
My mom is sure a sweet woman, and if I were? Hmmm I quess so.

:) JoAnn